72 Telecaster Deluxe Roadworn
Mertay
Mar 13 2016, 07:01 PM
GMC:er
My friend bought one (used) and I set it up for him at his house, was a very fun saturday night with all the music, guitars... smile.gif

I knew the guitar he bought months ago as it sounded awesome, but sounded really bad compared to what I remembered. It was veeery bassy and compressed sounding.

First thing I did was to change the strings from 0.10 to 0.9, it made an awesome difference but first time dealt with kluson tuners;

No holes like regular tuners! the string must be placed to that center hole then bent and you have to press the string down till its tight enough to grab the string on its own. First 2-3 strings (till I figured it out) was a torture, but later it got a bit easier though still hard compared to the modern stuff we all use.

Good thing is, keeps in tune like nothing I used till now. Brand new strings an even in the morning so little tunning was needed. Its very precise when tuneing too, as detailed as floyd bridge tuners.

Then I raised the humbuckers;

They are really low output humbuckers. They always keep a sweet high-end but when away from strings get very compressed, if to near then jumpy like traditional tele singles. Not sure I nailed the sweetspot but risingthem was enough to bring back life to the guitar.

I really liked it by the way, might be the most I like among his collection. They feel like humbuckers but are sort of flat meaning responds good to variety of different amp or pedals and also takes chords very nice. Really versatile, one day I'd like to have one of these too smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mertay: Mar 13 2016, 07:03 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:52 AM