4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Trivium
The Uncreator
Aug 15 2007, 03:16 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I must say that if you dont like trivium, maybe you should avoid topics about them.

Secondly, to me they are not recycled metallica, what you hear is differnet from what i hear, and if you cant understand that, im sorry.

Trivium for me, are one of my favorite metal bands, and yes they are metal, you most certainly dont have to like them, but they are metal.

So anyway, here are some kick ass videos of Corey and Matt doin what they do best!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c3S42N0nb4
--The tapping solo at about 0:45 is just awesome, great melody!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhxFK5VQ-94
Cory and Matt do trade-offs from Roadrunner United's 'In The Fire'

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 15 2007, 03:21 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
atomix1337
Aug 15 2007, 03:30 AM
GMC:er
Ill be watching trivium as they play with korn, evanescence?(sp) and atreyu, hell yeah, and such, this weekend at the Korn family values tour (spring, Texas)...

CANT WAIT...

Ill let you all know how it turns out smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Ibanez VBT700BK, Ibanez RG270 Custom Painted (JB/Jazz pups), Strat Knockoff, Marshall V8080, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss MT-2, Boss CH-1 Chorus, Korg AX1G MultiFX.

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 15 2007, 04:38 AM
Woah, its a fair point I made, I dont feel the need to avoid topics about them nor should I, this is a discussion board and as you perfectly well know, most discussions have two sides to them, now;

The Metal Encylopedia cites Trivium as a:

Melodic Metalcore Band

You may observe this here.

It has also previously stated that:

Trivium are only in the archives due to their first EP

Now, as Trivium is a Metalcore band, Metalcore is officially deemed by wikipedia as :

Metalcore is a fusion genre, mixing elements of extreme metal and hardcore punk.

Ok, so that means that its the mongrel child of metal and punk. Therefore, we can only conclude that this is not metal but instead a diluted form of two genres.

Now, on the subject of Trivium's recent abundance of Metallica type songs:

There has been a lot of controversy among many of Trivium's fans. Some claim that the band have just dropped their metalcore style in exchange for playing a style highly reminiscent of Metallica's 80's thrash sound, based mainly on the belief that metalcore is slowly dwindling in popularity.
- Citing Wiki again here.

Popularity indeed. Looking at Metal-Archives reviews there seem to be a lot of people that agree with me when I said this, again, to quote:

If that's true, then Cliff Burton must have faked his own death. Seriously, there is no band that has done a better job at plagiarism and marketing than Trivium, and "The Crusade" is absolute and accurate proof.

As in the previous reviews on this site…saying that the Crusade sounds like Metallica doesn’t really convey that thought. I mean, shit, a lot of bands take ideas from Metallica and use them. Trivium just down right carbon copied the formula Metallica uses. Right down to Hetfield’s vocals…

Anyone with an extensive knowledge of metal will hear a lot of passages on this album that sound oddly familiar, altered versions of riffs and leads from other bands - especially Iron Maiden and Metallica.

This is the first album I have EVER given a zero. And this zero goes to Triviums The Crusade not because of the music, but because it's the biggest rip-off-Metallica album that has ever been produced.

People call them the next Metallica, and by listening to The Crusade, it's no surprise. Trivium has managed to rip off Metallica in the form of a 13-song album without leaving a single note that sounds original.

Citing 5 different reviews there.

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 15 2007, 06:21 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 14 2007, 11:38 PM) *
Woah, its a fair point I made, I dont feel the need to avoid topics about them nor should I, this is a discussion board and as you perfectly well know, most discussions have two sides to them, now;

The Metal Encylopedia cites Trivium as a:
You may observe this here.

It has also previously stated that:
Now, as Trivium is a Metalcore band, Metalcore is officially deemed by wikipedia as :
Ok, so that means that its the mongrel child of metal and punk. Therefore, we can only conclude that this is not metal but instead a diluted form of two genres.

Now, on the subject of Trivium's recent abundance of Metallica type songs:

- Citing Wiki again here.

Popularity indeed. Looking at Metal-Archives reviews there seem to be a lot of people that agree with me when I said this, again, to quote:
Citing 5 different reviews there.

...And?

The metal archives also says there lyrical themes are suffering, hate, malice, and anger..and as an extremnely dedicated fan of trivium since Ember to Inferno, thats completley wrong, the metal archives is a load of crap. They know not what they talk about when it comes to trivium.

The metal archives isnt "Official" in anyway, its submitted information from random people, so this "Tyrant" and "Syao" people have an oppinion on a website, therefore it must be true? i dont care what Tyrant and Syao think of trivium, they dont even know what the lyrical themes are, i know whats true in my heart, and i stand by it, i wont standby oppinions formed by people i dont know, ever heard of, or have any credibility.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Aug 15 2007, 06:34 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 15 2007, 06:49 AM
Hey listen, i dont want this to turn into another fight, lets just take in each others oppinions, and forget about this.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 15 2007, 07:15 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 15 2007, 01:49 AM) *
Hey listen, i dont want this to turn into another fight, lets just take in each others oppinions, and forget about this.

Good plan ...

So back on topic, what would be a good first Trivium album to listen to?

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 15 2007, 09:16 AM
I would say there is no such thing as an official categorisation in music, it's something that is much debated but rarely concluded or decided upon.

Also I'd like to say that my opinion is not purely based on other peoples, I'm just confirming what I thought with what has been said.

This is however, just apples and oranges. tongue.gif

As you may have, ah, noticed, I just dislike things being one sided.

I've always wondered what the point of debate was, no-one ever conceeds that they could in fact be incorrect, and no-one can ever confirm anyone else's correct or incorrect opinion on something but if we were in a perfect world and everyone agreed, life would be boring I suppose.

Also, I'm just a bit annoyed in general today because I pressed the refresh button in the middle of writing a review sad.gif So apologies if this spiraled into a bit of a face off, I'm just a bit irritated smile.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Aug 15 2007, 09:17 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
D0NNY
Aug 15 2007, 09:46 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 14 2007, 12:37 PM) *
I dislike Trivium immensely. I dont think they even qualify as proper metal, unless you take them on the basis of their first EP.

The Crusades was just horrible. Complete Metallica ripp-off and I don't like their music either. Nothing special or new, which is really what Metal should be about, even Metalcore as exhibited in this case.

This is all however, IMO.

please.....

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 15 2007, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (D0NNY @ Aug 15 2007, 09:46 AM) *
please.....

clarify? rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
D0NNY
Aug 15 2007, 10:09 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Aug 15 2007, 01:04 AM) *
clarify? rolleyes.gif

The part I bolded,you just say that cause you don't like them tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 15 2007, 10:11 AM
QUOTE (D0NNY @ Aug 15 2007, 10:09 AM) *
The part I bolded,you just say that cause you don't like them tongue.gif

rolleyes.gif I dont like bands like Nile, but you dont see me emphatically denying the fact that they are metal wink.gif

Anyway, I believe I've already argued my point, and I know there are always going to be a few people that agree or do not. The argument I believe, is over. smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Aug 15 2007, 10:16 AM
trivium is a great band.I really love there guitar work

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
D0NNY
Aug 15 2007, 10:24 AM
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Aug 15 2007, 01:16 AM) *
trivium is a great band.I really love there guitar work

I 2nd that. Trivium rules!

--------------------
IPB ImageIPB Image

+Quote Post
nrpstreetballa
Aug 15 2007, 01:24 PM
owen u have the worst argument i have ever heard, 1.you say trivium is a complete metallica rip-off,
2. u say that trivium isnt even metal, so therefore you are saying metallica isnt metal, clearly you have no idea what ur talking about and u shouldnt even be talking in this forum, trivium is a great band and if u dont think they are metal you have no idea of the nature of metal music

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 15 2007, 01:40 PM
^Lets just drop this.

We dont need any more arguments.

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 15 2007, 08:20 PM
I believe Metallica's recent albums have been classified as Alternate Rock, it depends what way you want to look at things. tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 15 2007, 08:50 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Aug 15 2007, 08:40 AM) *
^Lets just drop this.

We dont need any more arguments.

Seconded

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Aug 15 2007, 09:07 PM
Get to da Chopper!
it's funny because trivium always say they thrive on the haters to talk about how much they despise them- especially on the net.
There's plenty of people reading this thread thinking "Hey there's a lot of arguments about this band, i didn't check them out yet though....Maybe i'll get their album, and their t-shirt" etc etc

I'm sure Trivium would like to thank you in person for this...

+Quote Post
Owen
Aug 15 2007, 09:40 PM
I think your right,

I reckon they probably strive off the belief that "Any publicity is good publicity".

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 15 2007, 10:51 PM
Hey its true in many ways smile.gif

My friend got into trivium because he wanted to know why everyone had so much resentment towards them, a week later, he had all there albums and we both had tickets to a trivium show smile.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:20 AM