Anyone Remember This?
Gary
Jul 1 2011, 04:25 AM
GMC:er
I remember when this album came out (yup.. no CD's back then). I had a just bought a new high watt Marantz stereo system and cranked it so loud I nearly launched the speakers right out of the cabinets.. totally blew em out. When I returned the speakers to the place I had bought them the owner of the shop said.."what the hell were you listening to"? I came back with this record and played it and he said.. no wonder.."these speakers are NOT meant for "that kind" of music.. in fact NO speakers are meant for that kind of music" laugh.gif

Cheers!
Gary

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
jstcrsn
Jul 1 2011, 04:32 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gary @ Jul 1 2011, 04:25 AM) *
I remember when this album came out (yup.. no CD's back then). I had a just bought a new high watt Marantz stereo system and cranked it so loud I nearly launched the speakers right out of the cabinets.. totally blew em out. When I returned the speakers to the place I had bought them the owner of the shop said.."what the hell were you listening to"? I came back with this record and played it and he said.. no wonder.."these speakers are NOT meant for "that kind" of music.. in fact NO speakers are meant for that kind of music" laugh.gif

Cheers!
Gary

I have (Blizzard of Ozz) still unopened

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 1 2011, 07:29 AM
Instructor
hahahaha awesome anecdote! I think that Pantera's cowboy from hell album has broken some speakers in the 90's too... biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 1 2011, 08:23 AM
Instructor
Haha, it's hard to think that people really said stuff like that back then... not meant for 'that type of music'. It's a stereo, it should play ANY music ! tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 1 2011, 09:36 AM
Instructor
That is awesome music, if something deserves to be played on a Marantz, it's vintage music, done properly! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Jul 1 2011, 10:03 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 1 2011, 08:23 AM) *
Haha, it's hard to think that people really said stuff like that back then... not meant for 'that type of music'. It's a stereo, it should play ANY music ! tongue.gif

+1

though I've seen bass speakers that really hate dub reggae when played loud. Kind of interesting to watch the cones move and try to turn themselves inside out cool.gif . A lot of hifi speaker problems though was down to the amps not being able to handle volume without going in to distortion.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jul 1 2011, 10:18 PM
Instructor
Dream theater is so influenced by Rush tongue.gif

I know my speakers cannot play reggaeton....ok, sometimes

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 10:23 AM