> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

40 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Hiimalex's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2014, 04:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Welcome to your personal thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you to design guitar plans, routines and give you feedback in order to achieve your goals as a musician.

This is our reference video of your current playing:

I would like to have more info about you:

1. How long have you been playing guitar?
2. What level do you think you're? based on GMC lessons level.
3. What do you know about theory?
4. Favorite styles and musicians.
7. How many time a day can you dedicate to guitar?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 29 2014, 05:21 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabriel!

1. How long have you been playing guitar? I have been playing guitar for about 2.5 years but I started taking it more serious the last 7 months
2. What level do you think you're? based on GMC lessons level. I would say that I am an intermediate so I guess I am a 4-5
3. What do you know about theory? I know Pentatonic, Major and Minor scale. I also know how to build major and minor chords and some modes.
4. Favorite styles and musicians. I listen to many different styles but my favorite musicians is Eric Clapton, Boston, Eddie van Halen and Joe Satriani.
7. How many time a day can you dedicate to guitar? I can dedicate on average 1.5 hours per day to my guitar at the moment.

Alex

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 30 2014, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for the info. I will suggest you a routine for this first week in order to start polishing your rhythm and soloing skills. The idea is that you work on each lesson every day, as a routine and post here videos of your progress to let me give you constant feedback about your playing, ok?

ALEX'S GUITAR ROUTINES - WEEK#1

Time to practice: 1.5 hours per day

- WARMING UP

http://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

- RHYTHM

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/rhythm-gu...c-metal-rhythm/

- PHRASING

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/The_tasty_etude/

- ALTERNATE PICKING

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Altern...king-Workout-2/

What do you think?

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 1 2014, 04:23 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Sep 30 2014, 03:48 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gab!

I think it seems to be good but I am not really a fan of playing blues, I would rather prefer rock or metal. I just wonder how often do you want me to post videos? Like one per week or something?

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Sep 30 2014, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2014, 04:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! I added a new suggestion for the rhythm section. This are off course all suggestions, please explore our archive if you think that you can search a lesson that covers the same topic that is closer to your favorite style. As you said Eric Clapton is one of your favorite players, I thought that you liked blues. Please give me a wider list of favorite artists /styles to make the lesson choices more precise. wink.gif

This is another option for the phrasing moment: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...nner-solo-in-d/

About the videos, it's great if you can post videos weekly. However, you can do it every time you want. Maybe you start working on a lesson and you want me to check that you are practicing in the right way, you can share a video of you playing the lesson or the section that is giving problems.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 2 2014, 09:39 AM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gabe!

Hope you are doing good, I like many diffrent styles but mainly I like music like: Slash, Journey, Boston, Eddie van Halen, Joe Satriani, Nirvana, The Offspring, Kansas and Stryper and also some pop punk music.

Hopefully this will help you otherwise just tell me and you will get a even bigger list tongue.gif

Alex

This post has been edited by HiimAlex: Oct 2 2014, 09:42 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2014, 01:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Oct 2 2014, 05:39 AM) *
Hey Gabe!

Hope you are doing good, I like many diffrent styles but mainly I like music like: Slash, Journey, Boston, Eddie van Halen, Joe Satriani, Nirvana, The Offspring, Kansas and Stryper and also some pop punk music.

Hopefully this will help you otherwise just tell me and you will get a even bigger list tongue.gif

Alex

Hi Alex! yeah, this list really helps. What do you think of the current routine? Is it ok now? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 2 2014, 02:42 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 2 2014, 12:35 PM) *
Hi Alex! yeah, this list really helps. What do you think of the current routine? Is it ok now? smile.gif

Hi Gabe! I think the current routine are really good smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 2 2014, 09:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (HiimAlex @ Oct 2 2014, 10:42 AM) *
Hi Gabe! I think the current routine are really good smile.gif

Excellent! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 7 2014, 03:49 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 2 2014, 08:19 PM) *
Excellent! wink.gif

Hey Gab!
I think that was a week, I am ready and excited now for new lessons wink.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 7 2014, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Sure, we can create the new one but I would like to ask, do you have any videos or audios of you playing the current routine? It would be really cool to check your progress before we move to new lessons...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 7 2014, 06:09 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 7 2014, 04:58 PM) *
Hi mate! Sure, we can create the new one but I would like to ask, do you have any videos or audios of you playing the current routine? It would be really cool to check your progress before we move to new lessons...

Hey Gabe! Unfortunately I have not been able to get them to same speed as the original speed, do you still want videos or not?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2014, 02:33 PM
Instructor
Yes! It would be very good to check your practice. We need to do this monitoring frequently to let me see if you are practicing the things right. I will check the hands movements, your posture, see if I can give any idea to make the things happen easier and off course to give you exercises and lessons that can help you to master the ones that you are currently working.

I think that at least a recording once a week would be great to keep us connected. What do you say?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 8 2014, 07:42 PM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 8 2014, 01:33 PM) *
Yes! It would be very good to check your practice. We need to do this monitoring frequently to let me see if you are practicing the things right. I will check the hands movements, your posture, see if I can give any idea to make the things happen easier and off course to give you exercises and lessons that can help you to master the ones that you are currently working.

I think that at least a recording once a week would be great to keep us connected. What do you say?

Hey Gabe!
I think I will manage to provide you and GMC one recording once a week atleast, So I chose to record Alternate Picking Workout 2 by Darius Wave. I recorded this in parts but you should still be able to see and listen to it properly i hope.I also saw now when I looked at it after that i misplayed some things, anyways here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK-RXnvejF8...eature=youtu.be

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 8 2014, 10:10 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, the video is set as private, I cannot play it.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 9 2014, 09:47 AM
Learning Chord Basher
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 8 2014, 09:10 PM) *
Hi mate, the video is set as private, I cannot play it.

Hey sorry my bad, it should be fixed by now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK-RXnvejF8...FTD9SEGCCgwiWXQ

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 9 2014, 09:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex! Thanks for the video! I can notice that you are working good on the lesson, but off course you need more practice to feel more comfortable with the different parts. That division that you did for the video, is the division you have to to work and master this lesson. You have to work on parts, and try to master each one before you connect everything. Based on that video, I think that you need at least another week of practice so you should keep the same routine, however, I will suggest an extra Alternate Picking lesson that I'm sure it will help you to go faster with the technique. Here I will slowly start designing the second routine:

ALEX'S GUITAR ROUTINES - WEEK#2

Time to practice: 1.5 hours per day

- WARMING UP

http://youtu.be/1XsLRQFV7rY
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

- RHYTHM

- PHRASING

- ALTERNATE PICKING

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Hand-Basics/

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Oct 9 2014, 09:13 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 19 2014, 02:50 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Yo Gabe!

How are you?
I recorded two different takes today of me playing the Alternate Picking Workout 2, it went better when I did not recorded but anyways.
Here is take 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXcULqzdFko...FTD9SEGCCgwiWXQ
Here is take 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-OX8OcJonk...FTD9SEGCCgwiWXQ
What do you think about this?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2014, 07:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Alex, thanks for the take!

Your alternate picking still needs more practice. The main problem is that both hands are not synchronized and it makes everything sounds unclear. The way to fix this problem is slowing down your practice and starting at a more comfortable tempo and be sure that both hands are totally synchronized. Increase tempo slowly trying to keep sync.

I also recommend you to practice the lesson in smaller blocks to be able to focus on your hands movements and not too much on all the notes from the lesson. Work on 1 measure played as a loop, then go to the next one, and once you can play both, combine them and play two measures again as a loop.

The alternate picking lesson suggested in the new routine will really help, so I recommend you to start working on it and practice both lessons during the next days to start polishing your Alternate picking technique.

About the recording issue, don't worry about it, you will feel more and more comfortable with experience and practice. We call it the red light syndrome, and most of us has suffered it.

Keep on the hard work.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Alex Arvedahl
Oct 19 2014, 08:58 PM
Learning Chord Basher
Hey Gab!

I have started to practice the other Alternate Picking Lesson by Ben, so you want me to post a video on that one also? I regret at this point that I have not practiced so much Alternate Picking before in my guitar career. And my V-picks is now on the way. Really looking forward to try them biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

40 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:08 PM