Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
Pio Jr.
Mar 10 2009, 06:39 PM
Learning Roadie
The making of GMC learning poster

Questions:
What do you think of it so far?
What else should I include on the poster?
you're help is very welcome

Specifications / includes
  1. Postersize: 100cm x 40 cm
  2. major scale, minor scale, pentatonic major scale, pentatonic minor scale, harmonic minor scale
  3. guitarneck with notes
  4. circle of fifth
  5. scale diagram
  6. staff with notes and intervals
  7. chord chart

Agenda
11 march 09: did a little bit of the lay-out, but i'm not there yet.
10 march 09: first attempted to make the poster

Note: Don't download the poster. It's not quite finished

Thx Pio Jr.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Pio Jr.: Mar 11 2009, 06:27 PM

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Mar 11 2009, 11:12 AM
Learning Roadie
Great to see U all like the idea. Thx everyone Pio Jr. happy.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Mar 11 2009, 11:31 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
To be sure about not breaking any copyrights, you can email me all the diagrams, pics etc. and I'll redraw them in Illustrator you want smile.gif

edit: Didn't see the poster untill now so nevermind then smile.gif Looks good so far smile.gif

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Mar 11 2009, 11:33 AM

+Quote Post
-Zion-
Mar 11 2009, 11:39 AM
Learning Roadie
first overall impressions.. it's great.. there's a lot of useful information, and i would definately have this hanging on my wall once it's completed.. i like the idea of combining all the scales with their intervals, formulas and notes.. and i love the color of the background and the GMC headline letters.. cool..

----
I am not sure i like the font you are using.. seems too "messy".. it might look better as a poster than on my screen but i would recommend using a "regular" type font that makes it easier to read.. (do *not* use times new roman or arial.. laugh.gif)

the circle of fifths is not completely centered on the guitar.. also, try to align the intervals, formula and notes so they are exactly below eachother..

even further into details.. the fretboards on the left side.. the letters B, D and A have whites in them.. also the fretboard on the right seems too mushy when zoomed in.. perhaps fretboard it too low resolution for this size poster? dont know.

last thing.. the chords.. i like the idea of having them, and they seem to fit nice, but these also seem a bit too low resolution for this size picture.. could it be possible to make these yourself in really high res and then scale them down to fit the poster??
------

I know there's a lot of things on my list, and i hope it doesn't put you down or anything.. this is just what i've seen so far on my monitor (and my monitor is not very good), so it might be a lot better on a real poster.. but this is a really awesome idea and i would love to help you if you need any help.. keep in mind i know jack about photoshop or anything like that..

This post has been edited by -Zion-: Mar 11 2009, 11:41 AM

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Mar 11 2009, 11:53 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (-Zion- @ Mar 11 2009, 11:39 AM) *
I am not sure i like the font you are using.. seems too "messy".. it might look better as a poster than on my screen but i would recommend using a "regular" type font that makes it easier to read.. (do *not* use times new roman or arial.. laugh.gif)

the circle of fifths is not completely centered on the guitar.. also, try to align the intervals, formula and notes so they are exactly below eachother..

even further into details.. the fretboards on the left side.. the letters B, D and A have whites in them.. also the fretboard on the right seems too mushy when zoomed in.. perhaps fretboard it too low resolution for this size poster? dont know.

last thing.. the chords.. i like the idea of having them, and they seem to fit nice, but these also seem a bit too low resolution for this size picture.. could it be possible to make these yourself in really high res and then scale them down to fit the poster??

I will make the chords sharper and i'll think I redraw the guitarneck it's indeed low on resolution for that size of poster ;). I also wasn't sure of fonts I used so I try to change it. Thanks for the feedback Zion. It really helps me! biggrin.gif

Pio Jr.

--------------------

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Mar 11 2009, 02:31 PM
GMC:er
It seems to me that there is still alot of blanc space to be filled up. I don't have any suggestions right now but I don't think it should remain unused.

Mayby a good idea is to name all the notes with tablature, or some rhytmic examples of any kind (in music notation).

Some other idea is perhaps grouping the chords in a C scale ?
Otherwise, if none of the above, you could still spread the diffrent things better across the poster to get a clearer vieuw.

Just some suggestions, I think you're doing a great job here, and putting in a lot of effort !
I really like the idea and hope I am able to order one soon.

By any chance, I might have missed it, but have you got any idea yet on how big the poster is gonna be ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
chris1093
Mar 11 2009, 04:47 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow, This poster is really shaping up nicely. I'm very excited.

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Mar 11 2009, 06:26 PM
Learning Roadie
The making of GMC learning poster - take 3

Questions:
Indeed there is a lot empty space for scale or diagram,... Is there anyone with usefull picture on there computer?

Info
  • I have update the guitarneck (drawn it myself) biggrin.gif
  • I shall be a few days before I gonna edit again

Specifications / includes
  1. Postersize: 100cm x 40 cm
  2. major scale, minor scale, pentatonic major scale, pentatonic minor scale, harmonic minor scale
  3. guitarneck with notes
  4. circle of fifth
  5. scale diagram
  6. staff with notes and intervals
  7. chord chart

Agenda
11 march 09:evening: Improve the guitarneck
11 march 09:morning: did a little bit of the lay-out, but i'm not there yet.
10 march 09: first attempted to make the poster

Note: Don't download the poster. It's not quite finished

Poster
Attached Image

Thx Pio Jr.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 11 2009, 08:05 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
So far it's looking good, nice job!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Mar 11 2009, 08:28 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Wow that's so cool!!! I'd definetly download it to make it into a poster!!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 11 2009, 11:06 PM
Instructor
looks good very useful info. Possibly arranging it a bit better would look even better. Just a thought! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
djohnneay
Mar 12 2009, 12:01 AM
GMC:er
You really did a great job on the guitarmasterclass.net logo!

Just a thought : Could you change the colors of the notes on the C-scale guitarnecks (the small ones) so they match the colors in the intervals table?

For starters, that would be very helpful, because you'll have a directly linked relationship.

You could apply this to all of the poster, although it might be too much.

Edit : mayby you can change the elements of the poster so the chords get position next to the neck, in the place they are actually played!

Edit 2: Get the 'color system' to work also for chords, so you can immediately see out of which notes a chord exists.

Allright, I'm gonna go to bed now....

This post has been edited by djohnneay: Mar 12 2009, 12:08 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:06 PM