2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Need A Chunkier Tone :(
jstcrsn
Jun 13 2019, 03:54 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 13 2019, 03:57 AM) *
Added a tiny harmony and have no trouble phase trouble even with the same tone according to MultiScope.
https://soundcloud.com/zaghara/tiny-harmony/s-n4sWC

sometimes there is some nastyness at about 500 , i would find it and put a narrow band to get rid . you might want to try a small amount eq boost right where the guitar stops fighting the bass ( maybe 130 ish

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 13 2019, 04:44 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 13 2019, 02:54 PM) *
sometimes there is some nastyness at about 500 , i would find it and put a narrow band to get rid . you might want to try a small amount eq boost right where the guitar stops fighting the bass ( maybe 130 ish

Yeah gotta do some fine-eq. Want to get rid of some of that nasal quality. Where would that be located?

Feels like I have to cut a bit at around 1khz to get rid of that annoying nasal sound.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Jun 13 2019, 10:41 PM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

"The only love affair I have ever had was with music." -Maurice Ravel

"There's no such place as dumb question." -Dose One

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 14 2019, 12:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 13 2019, 04:44 PM) *
Yeah gotta do some fine-eq. Want to get rid of some of that nasal quality. Where would that be located?

Feels like I have to cut a bit at around 1khz to get rid of that annoying nasal sound.

put a narrow band all the way to the top and move it back and forth till you find the noise you don't like and then cut it . I think you are in the right area , The patch I have open right now is around 630 , i am sure yours will vary

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 14 2019, 02:30 AM
Bingo! Great advice on this one. Being able to see and hear it at the same time can be a big help. Put a notch band in there and boost it then drag it back and forth til you find the area that is irritating and then you know where you need to cut.

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 13 2019, 07:52 PM) *
put a narrow band all the way to the top and move it back and forth till you find the noise you don't like and then cut it . I think you are in the right area , The patch I have open right now is around 630 , i am sure yours will vary

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 14 2019, 04:49 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 13 2019, 11:52 PM) *

Thanks yeah I try to use that technique a bit but I find it unreliable. It's like the band gets distorted when you put that much gain on it and it sounds different then when in the tone. But I was able to find a couple of spots where I needed a big Q factor cut.

My actual favorite way to spot the places I don't like is to use Izotopes Equalizer to spot frequencies. It has a pretty wide band solo function so you can get to only hear the frequencies. The Q factor is like 10 though so it's not the most precise.

Here's another update, I think there are just some final touches and it'll be done
https://soundcloud.com/zaghara/maximum-powe...hursday/s-sHCLK

This post has been edited by verciazghra: Jun 14 2019, 04:50 AM

--------------------
"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -Leonard Bernstein

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 14 2019, 09:55 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 13 2019, 02:40 AM) *
I tried to fix this and add a lot more treble. The amp model I was using,5150, barely reacted with tonal changes on treble or presence settings so I swapped it for a marshall type amp. I still don't know if I think the Ys tone sounds THAT MUCH like Yngwie's I feel like it's a lot rounder, almost like a mix between a violin and a saxophone. While I always think of Yngwie's tone as having a bit more bite and grit almost exactly like a violin/viola.

Yes I wouldn't say my tone is that close to Yngwie's round tone - which he had especially in the early days.

When you do have a sound that works in the mix - shaping the top end is a good problem though!

--------------------

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 14 2019, 11:04 PM
The final result
https://soundcloud.com/user-149537842/an-adventure-begins

If I had more time I would add back in some more bass and try once more with the lead. But I'm okay with how it turned out. It's always a good experience to try to produce your own music. Taking breaks seem to be one of those things that I'm bad at but that would help me immensely to reset my ears and avoid fatigue.

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 15 2019, 01:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 14 2019, 11:04 PM) *
The final result

If I had more time I would add back in some more bass and try once more with the lead. But I'm okay with how it turned out. It's always a good experience to try to produce your own music. Taking breaks seem to be one of those things that I'm bad at but that would help me immensely to reset my ears and avoid fatigue.

beautiful , all the way thru , enjoyed every aspect of it

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 15 2019, 03:25 AM
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jun 15 2019, 12:03 AM) *
beautiful , all the way thru , enjoyed every aspect of it

<3 Thank you so much. Am so grateful for all the help as well crsn

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 15 2019, 05:07 AM
It's perfect IMHO. The guitar tone works great and the whole things works as a musical piece. Congrats!! Are you freelancing doing this if I may ask or are you sorta digging and helping out for experience and fun? it seems like fun work is why I ask. I'd like to get in to it myself smile.gif
Todd

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 14 2019, 06:04 PM) *
The final result

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jun 15 2019, 06:45 AM
Great work all around. Tone, playing, composition. Bravo!

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 16 2019, 01:03 AM
Thanks Todd! So happy to hear that smile.gif
This was just an in between projects thing which happens every week. If you're on twitter you can follow @MusicWeeklies and then you'll get weekly challenges. It's just a bunch of composers and producers doing it in their spare time. The quality is sometimes really high and it's fun to see what people come up with in just two weeks. Normally everyone just does their own thing, collabs seem rare. I highly recommend it though! It's like having a room full of composers sharing what they've done lately, makes you feel less alone about being that guy that sits around making music every day laugh.gif
I think you'd like this one from one of the other participants:
https://soundcloud.com/clement-panchout/facemeltingsolos-clement-panchout-destroying
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 15 2019, 04:07 AM) *
It's perfect IMHO. The guitar tone works great and the whole things works as a musical piece. Congrats!! Are you freelancing doing this if I may ask or are you sorta digging and helping out for experience and fun? it seems like fun work is why I ask. I'd like to get in to it myself smile.gif
Todd

Thank you so much Ken <3
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 15 2019, 05:45 AM) *
Great work all around. Tone, playing, composition. Bravo!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 16 2019, 05:07 AM
Thanks for the tip!! yeah!! WOW I love this track. It feels like one of my collabs with my friend from Syria. The entire thing sounds fun. Yeah, it would be great to feel part of a community who all like to create music no matter how strange. I'm gonna follow that on twitter. Look forward to seeing your future pieces!
Todd

QUOTE (verciazghra @ Jun 15 2019, 08:03 PM) *
Thanks Todd! So happy to hear that smile.gif
This was just an in between projects thing which happens every week. If you're on twitter you can follow @MusicWeeklies and then you'll get weekly challenges. It's just a bunch of composers and producers doing it in their spare time. The quality is sometimes really high and it's fun to see what people come up with in just two weeks. Normally everyone just does their own thing, collabs seem rare. I highly recommend it though! It's like having a room full of composers sharing what they've done lately, makes you feel less alone about being that guy that sits around making music every day laugh.gif
I think you'd like this one from one of the other participants:
https://soundcloud.com/clement-panchout/facemeltingsolos-clement-panchout-destroying

Thank you so much Ken <3

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 17 2019, 08:19 AM
GMC Founder
Love it!! The guitar tone is great as well - somehow reminds me of Tmac's "Maximum Security".

Keep inspiring us 👌

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 18 2019, 03:17 AM
That's high praise IMHO. Maximum Security is one of my fave albums ever.

Todd

[That'quote name='Kristofer Dahl' date='Jun 17 2019, 03:19 AM' post='769182']Love it!! The guitar tone is great as well - somehow reminds me of Tmac's "Maximum Security".

Keep inspiring us 👌
[/quote]

+Quote Post
verciazghra
Jun 18 2019, 04:12 AM
Wow that's a cool piece! Where's the full track? Has it been released? Can't find it anywhere sad.gif
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jun 16 2019, 04:07 AM) *
Thanks for the tip!! yeah!! WOW I love this track. It feels like one of my collabs with my friend from Syria. The entire thing sounds fun. Yeah, it would be great to feel part of a community who all like to create music no matter how strange. I'm gonna follow that on twitter. Look forward to seeing your future pieces!
Todd

Thank you so much my friend! I LOVE that album and Tony's tone is cool too <3
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jun 17 2019, 07:19 AM) *
Love it!! The guitar tone is great as well - somehow reminds me of Tmac's "Maximum Security".

Keep inspiring us 👌

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:39 AM