Effect Mixes For Pedals/stomboxes
Bulletproof
Oct 31 2007, 12:04 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I don't have one at the moment but I wanted to add this thread hoping it will catch on and get started. I figured it would be amazing if we can share some of the effects that we use/combine and to explain why if need be. You could even add photos of the pedals to show exactly where the settings are at to really show your ideas. cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Zephyr
Oct 31 2007, 12:16 PM
GMC:er
I get all of my effects through my GT-8, don't have a single pedal other than it. There's one patch that I made that I use most of the time, it's a lead-ish patch...

The preamp is "Metal Lead", I don't really play metal, but it actually has a pretty nice sound. Not sure what amp it emulates... Anyways, I have the gain about 80, bass at 75, mid at 80, treble at 60, and presence also at 80. I like having a very "wet" sound, I use delay and reverb pretty much all the time. I also have a noise suppressor on to cut out humming and the like. Besides that, I tweak it all the time to get a sound for what I'm playing.

I have other patches I use for different things, a clean one, for example, and a bluesy one that I've been constantly working on since I've gotten the pedal, but haven't got it where I want it yet.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 8 2007, 10:18 PM
Instructor
I too don't have any pedals at the moment, I get all sounds from my PodXT. I don't usually use that many effects, just the normal reverb and delay at most times smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 8 2007, 11:02 PM
Instructor
I use Marshall drive (AVT50W) for most of my rhythm playing. FOr leads I tend to use Boss SD1 as a booster, but sometimes just solo SD1. I use delay, usually some reverb+delay preset no more than 300ms and small feedback on my DD20 to add some space to my solos, but i like the dry sound too. Just Marshall and nothing else - ACDC style smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:17 PM