New Guy From Ohio
brwnhornet59
Jan 25 2013, 12:15 AM
GMC:er
Hi, my name is Britt.

I have played guitar on and off for many years. I started playing again two years ago after a 15 year hiatus. Growing up I spent most of my energies playing prog rock and fusion. I gigged a lot in the 80's and early 90's. Now I have been studying theory and devoting myself to playing jazz. I am currently under the instruction of an awesome teacher/player, Dr Matt Warnock. I have grown in many ways under his guidance, yet still hit the wall, like we all do at times, on a regular basis. I have been battling a bout of numb fingers on my left hand. This is from an old neck injury, but I am getting back in shape and ready to start digging in again. Music is my passion. I love sharing ideas, knowledge and promoting the art we all love in the most positive fashion. I hope to get to know you fine people soon. It is nice being here...Peace
biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 25 2013, 03:15 AM
QUOTE (brwnhornet59 @ Jan 24 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Hi, my name is Britt.

I have played guitar on and off for many years. I started playing again two years ago after a 15 year hiatus. Growing up I spent most of my energies playing prog rock and fusion. I gigged a lot in the 80's and early 90's. Now I have been studying theory and devoting myself to playing jazz. I am currently under the instruction of an awesome teacher/player, Dr Matt Warnock. I have grown in many ways under his guidance, yet still hit the wall, like we all do at times, on a regular basis. I have been battling a bout of numb fingers on my left hand. This is from an old neck injury, but I am getting back in shape and ready to start digging in again. Music is my passion. I love sharing ideas, knowledge and promoting the art we all love in the most positive fashion. I hope to get to know you fine people soon. It is nice being here...Peace
biggrin.gif

Hey neighbor, I'm in WV myself.... and funny thing is, your introduction is very familiar. I too played more in the 80's and 90's, then took about a 20 year hiatus..... and I also am now dealing with the awesome numbness in my left three fingers mostly due to nerve damage from various injuries that come from wrapping a little tiny car around the end of a guard rail due to black ice..... and being young and dumb back in the day. Only change now is I'm not young anymore... wink.gif

So I say, good to meet you....

I think you'll find that GMC offers way more than meets the eye. Everyone here has been my instructor, mentor, inspiration and friend since I've joined.

Oh, and it is now my sworn duty to the family to introduce our very own Godfather who I am sure shall honor you with his greetings before too long. I had to do that, as he has promoted me within the family... so the Don expects loyalty... LOL!! biggrin.gif

See the Godfather here in action... https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Around-The-World-Italy/

If you watch this video, you'll see that there is a lot of fun to be had here... lots of good humor and talent here at GMC!

Ask plenty of questions if you got em (I certainly can't answer most of them, but someone here can smile.gif) and enjoy!

-Mark

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
The Professor
Jan 25 2013, 07:03 AM
Theory Instructor
Welcome aboard Britt!

--------------------
Ask me anything on the theory board. Follow my theory course. Check out my personal site

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 25 2013, 07:22 AM
Welcome to GMC!!! I"m Todd and I teach our Weekend Video Chats. Do stop by if you can!! The schedule for all video chats is on the front page.

Todd

QUOTE (brwnhornet59 @ Jan 24 2013, 06:15 PM) *
Hi, my name is Britt.

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2013, 12:19 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello and welcome to GMC Britt! smile.gif

Great to see you in the forum.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jan 25 2013, 02:17 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC Britt!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
brwnhornet59
Jan 27 2013, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys...Very much appreciated! rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (mroberts70 @ Jan 24 2013, 09:15 PM) *
Hey neighbor, I'm in WV myself.... and funny thing is, your introduction is very familiar. I too played more in the 80's and 90's, then took about a 20 year hiatus..... and I also am now dealing with the awesome numbness in my left three fingers mostly due to nerve damage from various injuries that come from wrapping a little tiny car around the end of a guard rail due to black ice..... and being young and dumb back in the day. Only change now is I'm not young anymore... wink.gif

So I say, good to meet you....

I think you'll find that GMC offers way more than meets the eye. Everyone here has been my instructor, mentor, inspiration and friend since I've joined.

Oh, and it is now my sworn duty to the family to introduce our very own Godfather who I am sure shall honor you with his greetings before too long. I had to do that, as he has promoted me within the family... so the Don expects loyalty... LOL!! biggrin.gif

See the Godfather here in action... https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Around-The-World-Italy/

If you watch this video, you'll see that there is a lot of fun to be had here... lots of good humor and talent here at GMC!

Ask plenty of questions if you got em (I certainly can't answer most of them, but someone here can smile.gif) and enjoy!

-Mark

Hey Mark, it is always cool finding a kindred spirit. I am sorry that you are going through the "numb fingers" syndrome. I know it really sucks. Hopefully we can both get back on track and start kicking some butt! Thanks for posting the link as well...Great stuff!

+Quote Post
mroberts70
Jan 27 2013, 02:23 AM
QUOTE (brwnhornet59 @ Jan 26 2013, 07:00 PM) *
Thanks for the warm welcome guys...Very much appreciated! rolleyes.gif

Hey Mark, it is always cool finding a kindred spirit. I am sorry that you are going through the "numb fingers" syndrome. I know it really sucks. Hopefully we can both get back on track and start kicking some butt! Thanks for posting the link as well...Great stuff!

Yea, I figure short of them falling off altogether, I'll keep going. smile.gif I wish you well....

--------------------
Air Guitar Instructor

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 29 2013, 09:33 AM
Instructor
Hello Britt! Welcome to GMC! Please let us know if you need any help after exploring the site and forum biggrin.gif You have already joined our guess the chord activity so, let's keep up the great stuff coming!

+Quote Post
brwnhornet59
Jan 29 2013, 11:39 AM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 29 2013, 03:33 AM) *
Hello Britt! Welcome to GMC! Please let us know if you need any help after exploring the site and forum biggrin.gif You have already joined our guess the chord activity so, let's keep up the great stuff coming!

Thank you kindly...It is nice to be in a forum where everyone is civil and helpful. I appreciate the hospitality! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:59 PM