2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Revelation Space
The Uncreator
Apr 20 2008, 04:22 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ok, So some of you might recognize this one as one ive uploaded before, Well for the most part it is. But the original idea was to make a musical representation of what i thought it would be like to free float through space, looking at all the weird abstract phenomena. So after I realized i had just gone too of course, I scrapped the distortion guitar sections, and the long chord progression, and Have made many changes, And finally, ive made a final product I am very happy with. Ive also split it up into several section, each one had a different thought process and a different area of space in mind, here it is...

...Revelation Space.

0:00 - 0:41 -- The Drifting
0:41 - 1:45 -- Sun
1:45 - 2:50 -- Dark Matter
2:50 - 4:16 -- The Nebulae
4:16 - 5:10 -- Quasar
5:10 - 5:50 -- Absolution Gap

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Revelation_Space.mp3 ( 5.34MB ) Number of downloads: 149

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Apr 20 2008, 04:24 PM
GMC:er
Very nice my friend smile.gif I like the beginning very much, good job smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 20 2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks many, I stayed awake all night cycling through hundreds of ideas and finally came up with this, Im glad you like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
skennington
Apr 20 2008, 05:09 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Very creative man! ( no pun intended ) The thought process that went into that is great as well. Nice job!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 20 2008, 05:20 PM
Thanks many, im glad you guys like it smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Apr 20 2008, 07:01 PM
Very emotional, I think it's great! only change the lead tone and it will be perfect wink.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 20 2008, 08:10 PM
Yeah, Im experimenting still with the lead tone smile.gif

+Quote Post
at lights end
Apr 20 2008, 08:24 PM
sounds great!
i agree, the lead tone needs adjusting, but cool piece.
very relaxing, i can imagine floating to this.

This post has been edited by at lights end: Apr 20 2008, 08:25 PM

--------------------
“You have to go on and be crazy. Craziness is like heaven.”

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 21 2008, 02:22 AM
Alright Guys, i changed the tone to one i like more, let me know what you guys think.

I kept the solo tone in "Dark Matter" (I quite like it smile.gif ) and i changed the tones in "The Nebulae" and "Quasar", the other little solos. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Apr 21 2008, 02:33 AM
This is awesome. I love how it builds and changes. If you think about space while listening to it, it goes perfect because of all the changes and makes you think about what could mysteriously come next.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 21 2008, 02:34 AM
Thanks, Im glad your getting what I was thinking of smile.gif

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 21 2008, 03:08 AM
Learning Roadie
Uncreator, I liked it a lot! Very cool. I have to say I was expecting a distorted part to come up... thought of an epic one myself and I imagined looking directly at the sun or something.. very cool concept piece though, to make me think of that. I didn't get to hear the distorted parts you took out in an earlier upload, maybe re upload that? I'd like to hear it.

The only thing I could say is, the nice slow pace is pretty cool but it felt like it should have been broken up once or twice. Very pink floyd.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 22 2008, 04:05 AM
Alright, Once again. its been updated, new lead tones, and one added harmony in "The Nebulae" section.

Constructive Criticism Welcomed smile.gif

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 22 2008, 04:25 AM
I cant say I love the the first lead tone, I cant quite tell if its the same as the second ? But the second sounds a bit warmer. I might try the first lead tone with a bit of delay ?

Just brainstorming. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 22 2008, 11:09 AM
All the lead tones are actually the same, I tried to make the first one a bit "dirtier" by making some notes ring out a bit (like in the opening lick).

Delay, unless you have massive amounts of it (and i actually have quite a bit on it), Gets lost in the mix, I think because of the rhythm thats going on at the time, although this is the only recording where it happened to me sad.gif

EDIT

Tones aside, what does everyone think of the song?

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Apr 23 2008, 09:45 PM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 22 2008, 02:09 AM) *
All the lead tones are actually the same, I tried to make the first one a bit "dirtier" by making some notes ring out a bit (like in the opening lick).

Delay, unless you have massive amounts of it (and i actually have quite a bit on it), Gets lost in the mix, I think because of the rhythm thats going on at the time, although this is the only recording where it happened to me sad.gif

EDIT

Brilliant biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 23 2008, 09:47 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 22 2008, 06:09 AM) *

EDIT

Really cool but like I said I think the pace could use to be broken up a bit. Just my 2 cents though.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 23 2008, 10:27 PM
Instructor
nice track man .l like it

+Quote Post
JVM
Apr 23 2008, 10:45 PM
Learning Roadie
Just an idea I had... as if pace is picking up or something.. I hear a distorted part in my head but I can't seem to find the right fingering for it.. if I do I'll let you know, but here's something.. sloppy recording, sorry, didn't use a metronome or anything tongue.gif

Attached File  revelationspace.mp3 ( 651.86K ) Number of downloads: 171

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 23 2008, 11:39 PM
Originally, I had some distorted parts in it, and a nice solo. But I got "shredders-block" with the third solo, and there was just an ugly long chord progression in there. laugh.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:22 PM