3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Monica Gheorghevici Improvising Workshop
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 7 2013, 08:02 PM
Learning Tone Master

Another day another attempt smile.gif This version is different but, I think the notes should be played very slowly are pretty strong smile.gif Tell me please how far I am from the correct version?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 8 2013, 07:58 PM
Instructor
Nope....this isn't what we need yet.... To much tension, not enough breath in this ending part. We need very short moments of agression mixed with longers parts of soft responses smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 9 2013, 07:34 AM
Learning Tone Master

You know what is funny? You explained me very good in Vchat and I understand. To be sure, I tried to make that contrast with aggressive bluesy phrases on another lick and was ok. When I try to make the same thing on our lick is a big fail. I don't know why this thing happens. In our part I think that notes are playing a little liniar and it's hard to make it in bluesy style. If it was a lick with some pentatonic structure were much simple because inspires me to use that dynamic. I tried to explain you what happen in my mind and maybe we find how to fix that problem.
Now more than ever I want to manage to make that parts sound as it should. I must to make a perfect version.

This is another version smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 9 2013, 08:23 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Monica Gheorghevici @ Aug 9 2013, 06:34 AM) *
You know what is funny? You explained me very good in Vchat and I understand. To be sure, I tried to make that contrast with aggressive bluesy phrases on another lick and was ok. When I try to make the same thing on our lick is a big fail. I don't know why this thing happens. In our part I think that notes are playing a little liniar and it's hard to make it in bluesy style. If it was a lick with some pentatonic structure were much simple because inspires me to use that dynamic. I tried to explain you what happen in my mind and maybe we find how to fix that problem.
Now more than ever I want to manage to make that parts sound as it should. I must to make a perfect version.

This is another version smile.gif

You are right...We need to chabge the whole lick smile.gif One of the reasons is that it's linear in case of rhythm. Maybe try to mess with it a bit more. Add some breaks and some dense moments smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 10 2013, 06:50 PM
Learning Tone Master

Before to change whole lick I was thinking again what I'm doing wrong. Then I decide to change position of playing for that part with one more comfortable. I realised that I "walking" with big movements like a mad man, without reason. And then I was losing the essential, to fix my full attention on feeling not on the movements. Of course is not perfect but I think is a big difference because is more emotional smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 11 2013, 02:51 PM
Instructor
Yes...now we're back on track smile.gif I think You can do better! biggrin.gif But now You found the way...smile.gif This is what I meant smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 11 2013, 08:16 PM
Learning Tone Master

Ha,ha....between us, you are the only one who believe that I can do better biggrin.gif I made another demo but the differences between the versions are very small. I tried to analyze again the whole lick and I think that something is missing between the two bends with raking. In the last version between bends we had a little crescendo. This idea is ok but not satisfactory. I thought the good thing would be to add another 3-4 notes aggressive in that part and then to make a very small crescendo in the final. But it was not a good idea and didn't sound like it was in my mind. Where I do wrong and what can I do to sound as it should?

Attached File(s)
Attached File  mentoring_demo_6.mp3 ( 1MB ) Number of downloads: 116

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 12 2013, 10:05 AM
Instructor
I think the dynamics are ok...You could only try to mess with some rhythm. I mean more very short but fast licks at the higher strength moments. Maybe try to treat those soft notes with triplet feel too

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 13 2013, 11:13 AM
Learning Tone Master

After many issues with my computer today, another version is ready smile.gif I tried to make some notes with triplet feel. I think this time, soft notes is not really soft because I don't know what happend but when I saved the demo everything was to loud but the volume of the guitar was at half.

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 13 2013, 03:40 PM
Instructor
I think You should go to next part. There is no "correct" version. Otherwise we would all play exactly the same wink.gif You csan always go back and add some changes if You feel something is missing but for now the tension grows in a very good way smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 14 2013, 09:53 PM
Learning Tone Master

I tried to lower the guitar volume at the end of the intro and the difference is hearing disturbing. Do you think I should play more soft that part of the end? I think I made the same mistake and again I have too manny notes played with picking and because of that the sound is not warm.

About the second part for intro you have right and always go back and add some changes. So, after we will finish the whole song I think we should go back to the second part smile.gif I don't know how to explain it to you, but I have the feeling that part is good only half. I didn't taken full advantage of this part.
But now I will concentrate for new parts smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 14 2013, 10:38 PM
Instructor
It's exactly what I do very often! smile.gif It's good choice because If You'll put 100% into some middle parts and it will sound like they're not ok with the rest of the song the this time is wasted smile.gif You can always go back. My only advice for that part is that there is no breath. To many notes. Good dynamics concept...But You didn't left the "relaxation" moment for the listener. I would only remove a few notes so it won't sound so dense smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 15 2013, 03:14 PM
Learning Tone Master

You said the magic words “to many notes” and then my mind was lighted and I went back to make changes. I left more space smile.gif So, how do you think it sound now? Am I removed too many notes?
One mention, the first bends from the first part of intro is around tone smile.gif I concentrate only for the new part and I made some mistakes smile.gif
You didn’t say anything about the last part of intro. What do I do wrong in that part?

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 15 2013, 10:19 PM
Instructor
I like those changes in the part before...it's smoother now smile.gif But...I would remove some more notes from the last part smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 16 2013, 12:56 PM
Learning Tone Master

Mission accomplished, I removed more notes from the last part smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 23 2013, 09:31 AM
Learning Tone Master

What you say about the last modified? You listened, it's ok or you want me to do others changes? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 23 2013, 12:44 PM
Instructor
I'm gibing myselft some to to analyse. Something is not right with the ending....not enough contrast. I'm searching for some tips for ya smile.gif

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Aug 29 2013, 07:10 PM
Learning Tone Master

I made a new attempt. I know that you don't gave me yet new instructions, but I think You will don't mind if I tried to put some contrast in the final part smile.gif I try to follow your advice that you gave me in the last Vchat. I do not know how well it came out smile.gif In the first part bends are not in tone wink.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Sep 1 2013, 08:28 PM
Instructor
Monica...I spent all day finishing mentholwhore collab but I found one thing we have to seriously fix. Watching Your take I found You're holding the pick on the flat side of the first finger. I did the same through a few first years of playing...but I had to switch to the side of the finger to be able to make one step further....We have to talk about it on the next video chat...please remind me smile.gif

Also I would like You to try this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Blues-Dynamics/

There some dynamic and rhythm groups we might like to use in poor puppy workshop smile.gif I think You're gonna like the lesson smile.gif

This post has been edited by Darius Wave: Sep 2 2013, 09:17 AM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Sep 2 2013, 11:52 AM
Learning Tone Master
You busted me biggrin.gif I have a big problem with holding pick. I never thought, you will see this thing in that short video. But.....your vigilant eyes miss something, I hold the pick with 3 fingers not with 2 fingers laugh.gif It's hard to explain how can I do that big stupid thing.

You're right and I like Piotr's lesson. Coincidence is that I just looked at it this morning (until you to give me the new task) and that part with Gary Moore style is awesome smile.gif The only strange thing for me is that I love to listen blues but You can't imagine how much I hate to play blues. Maybe because when I tried, I failed to play with correct feeling wink.gif
I will make this lesson, but I will not rush to finish very fast because that phrasing is not easy to imitate. I don't want to ruin the lesson wink.gif

This post has been edited by Monica Gheorghevici: Sep 2 2013, 12:32 PM

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:55 AM