Improvement... Improvement?
Jeffrey
Jul 28 2007, 07:46 AM
GMC:er
Ok so I have been playing guitar for a few years but I never really got into it untill about a month ago. So I can definately see how I improved over this month(which is a great deal) but I can't help but think that now I can't find ways of improving. I know everyone just says practice but I not sure how to practice each technique. Not only this but when I make a sweet solo its like I have a glass of water and it is full of ideas then when I make a solo its as if I just drank all the water I will ever have...(i know this sounds wierd) Once i'm done with ti I try to make more and I think to myself maybe i'm having a guitarist form of writers block but then like a week later still nothing...

I would really like to improve on incorporating sweeping into my solos, also learning some good scales for hard rock/metal. I can't help but think of myself as just a average player but when other people hear me they say i am great. Sometimes I can't tell if there are being nice or I actually have something good going on with guitar.

Could someone make a lesson using maybe E Ionian scale with sweeps/speedpicking. And I want to know how to make solo that when people hear it they remember how it goes because its not insanely fast shreds it's its own melody.(such as pavels slow solo, which I have learned and really enjoy play;thx bundles for that lesson pavel.)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Guitar:
IPB Image

Schecter FR C-1 Hellraiser
CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access /25.5"
BODY: Mahogany w/ Quilted Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: 3-pc. Mahogany/Rosewood
FRETS: 24 X-Jumbo
INLAYS: Gothic Cross
PICKUPS: EMG active 81/85
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Vol/Tone/3-Way switch
BRIDGE: Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
BINDING: Abalone
TUNERS: Grover
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jul 28 2007, 08:19 AM
Instructor
There are times when you feel like everything is stuck and going wrong.
Those are normal period,just don't take is to your heart too much.
As many said before,keep on doing what you're doing which means practicing.
Try to listen music/players/bands that'll give you a boost,not a temporary satisfaction.
Keep us updated and browse around the GMC,there are many cool lessons about what you're looking for and
many more still to come.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 28 2007, 02:04 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (muris @ Jul 28 2007, 03:19 AM) *
There are times when you feel like everything is stuck and going wrong.
Those are normal period,just don't take is to your heart too much.
As many said before,keep on doing what you're doing which means practicing.
Try to listen music/players/bands that'll give you a boost,not a temporary satisfaction.
Keep us updated and browse around the GMC,there are many cool lessons about what you're looking for and
many more still to come.

Yes, Muris is roght, you have to keep doing what you are doing because you know that it is the right thing. Also, I'd add that inspiration can take the wierdest forms .. listening to a lesson in a style you have discounted, even if just one lick appeals to you can shoot you off in a whole new direction. Lots of practice is what makes these moments of inspiration lead somewhere instead of just tailing off.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:57 AM