My New Song, breathe
Taka Perry
Apr 27 2014, 02:05 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi friends,

I finally found a bit of time to make some music today. I've been so busy in the
Last few months that I hadn't found time to record until today. But anyway, I recorded this song I wrote called Breathe. Let me know what you think smile.gif

Https://soundcloud.com/taka-perry/breathe

There are a few lyrics here and there smile.gif

And I'll say,
Breathe into my ear and hold me close,
Time will fly by,
Tell me stories of what you treasure most,
I will listen,

I don't want to grow old,
No, not now,
I have dreams,
I want to share them with you,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Apr 27 2014, 09:57 PM
Tone Seeker
Very nice song Taka.
It's the kind of pop i can listen in between my metal sessions cool.gif
Sounds very good all the guitars smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 28 2014, 05:00 AM
Instructor
I found this one at facebook. Congrats friend! This song sounds very nice. I like the guitar work and the atmospheres created. It's cool that you decided to start experimenting with lyrics and your voice. Keep going! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 28 2014, 07:53 AM
Instructor
Very nice one Taka! I can hear a tad of a RHCP influence here! I like it very much!

+Quote Post
bleez
Apr 28 2014, 12:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
very good mate, I like that. great work with the vocals as well.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Apr 28 2014, 02:42 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (huargo @ Apr 28 2014, 06:57 AM) *
Very nice song Taka.
It's the kind of pop i can listen in between my metal sessions cool.gif
Sounds very good all the guitars smile.gif

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it smile.gif

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 28 2014, 02:00 PM) *
I found this one at facebook. Congrats friend! This song sounds very nice. I like the guitar work and the atmospheres created. It's cool that you decided to start experimenting with lyrics and your voice. Keep going! smile.gif

Thanks! I was pretty happy with the atmospheres I got in this song, especially in the last section, where I had a lot of guitars layered (I think 6 or 7). Maybe one day when I am more confident with my vocals, I will start using them more smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Apr 28 2014, 04:53 PM) *
Very nice one Taka! I can hear a tad of a RHCP influence here! I like it very much!

Thank you Cosmin smile.gif There's probably something from RHCP coming through, especially since they're one of my big influences smile.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Apr 28 2014, 09:50 PM) *
very good mate, I like that. great work with the vocals as well.

Thanks bleez! I'm getting more confident at confident at vocals

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mudbone
Apr 29 2014, 12:36 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
I think it's really nice biggrin.gif

--------------------

He who laughs last thinks slowest.

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." - Christopher Hitchens

Gear:

Guitars: Uncle Rufus' Twanger Classic
Amps: Mississippi Boom Box
Mojo: Hammer of Odin and a pair of Ox gonads
Inspiration: Samuel Adams Boston Lager

Zero to Hero: 1,387/10,000

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 29 2014, 08:05 AM
Instructor
Hehe! I knew it biggrin.gif

Well, regardless of any influence, I really like your tunes Taka - there's always something fresh about them!

Keep up the good work mate!

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Apr 30 2014, 04:28 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
I like the composition and arrangement Taka.

I do however think you need to take a careful look at the audio mix though. Gainstaging is an issue and in particular with the vsti drums as the cymbals sound rather harsh and at times distorted - it also sounds like there are some ISOs in the mix. Some of the vocals sound a little harsh as if you've over cooked the preamp a touch. For me the mix could be more spacious as at present it sounds rather narrow and also could do with more high end. Personally I'm not convinced by the choice of drum kit sample and the type of ambience around the 3' mark as it sounds odd in comparison with the other instruments and vocals. Intro and outro tails need looking at as they're not smooth and it sounds like some instruments/porcessors are kicking in/turning off.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:51 AM