2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Do You Listen To Radio ?
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 27 2008, 02:20 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Older generations did listen to it a lot surly! Now the TV is primary...But I listen to radio all the time now..Always have it on in my car and at some occasions at home too..Its a really good medium that I think has been a little forgotten...Do you listen to radio ? What can you say about this topic ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Feb 27 2008, 02:24 AM
GMC:er
theres a great classic rock station near my city erm.. 103.9 the rock! i think london has 1 too.. 103.9 the hawk? sister/brother station kinda things.. i also listen to the CBC ( canadian broadcast corportation) which is all news + music and stuff, i like having the radio on sometimes rather than itunes when im at home because its more interesting smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Soul_Decision
Feb 27 2008, 02:25 AM
I listen to XM radio on tv. Either Squizz channel or Liquid Injection ( I think it is). They help me create some riffs and stuff on the guitar :lo:

--------------------
Push through all barriers.......Never self-limit.........Because there is none

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 27 2008, 02:26 AM
Instructor
Not...not at all....it's freaking,I know blink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 27 2008, 02:28 AM
This is my 1000th post biggrin.gif And I'm off to bed now. Night everybody.

I listen to Classic Rock on Digital Radio in the UK. Great radio station for old rock.smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Feb 27 2008, 02:29 AM
Instructor
I dont have a radio, but last time i checked there were nothing but the lastest chart-topping music playing anyway.

I stick with cd's and mp3s.. and finding new stuff i like on sites like last.fm smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 27 2008, 02:40 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Feb 27 2008, 02:28 AM) *
This is my 1000th post biggrin.gif And I'm off to bed now. Night everybody.

I listen to Classic Rock on Digital Radio in the UK. Great radio station for old rock.smile.gif

I listened to it some time too , over the internet wink.gif I should do it more often wink.gif

Congrats on 1000 post wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 27 2008, 02:55 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I actually hate the radio, they plays the same 15-20 songs for about 6 or 7 years now, and its gets old.

Plus, most of the music i like isnt on the radio unless you have satellite radio, which i dont sad.gif

+Quote Post
Asphyxia Feeling
Feb 27 2008, 04:40 AM
the only station i listen to where i live is the local alt-rock station. it's independantly owned and operated, no corporate crap. honestly, all the corporate stations consistantly play stuff like staind, nickelback, and hinder, along with the EXACT SAME other songs every day. i refuse to believe it's because people like them. nobody i know really does. it's just corporations trying to shove garbage down everyone's throat. the independant stations play a mix of ALL music, especially smaller bands / older hits that don't get enough attention.

--------------------
What did you learn tonight?
while shouting so loud, you barely joyous, broken thing.
You are a voice that never sings, is what i say.
You are freezing over hell
You are bringing on that end you do so well
and you can only blame yourself, is what is say.

+Quote Post
Maximus
Feb 27 2008, 06:54 AM
I listen to xm satellite radio alot in the car. I drive a ton for my job so it keeps me company. You get a huge assortment music plus great talk radio to boot. I love it.

--------------------

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard, Ibanez rg 750, Ibanez Mikro, Washburn Acoustic
Amps: Crate GX 1600 1/2 Stack, Line 6 Spider 2, Vintage Kustom Tube Head
Effects: Line 6 POD X3 Live, Line 6 PocketPod
Misc: Line 6 FBV Express Foot Switch/Volume/Wah-Wah Pedal

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Feb 27 2008, 08:06 AM
Instructor
No, here in Spain almost all the radio music is really bad so I hate it !!!!! sad.gif
You cannot listen any metal song in radio, all music is bad pop

+Quote Post
preownedguitar
Feb 27 2008, 08:41 AM
Sometimes when driving to work and don't feel like listening to a CD, I'll surf the stations for some metal or oldies.

--------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Strings:
Any 9-42's for strings.
Amp:
Carvin Bel Air 212 (2x12 50 Watt all tube), Carvin 212E Cabinet (2x12 120w)
Gutars:
Ibanez RG2550e Prestige, Galaxy black
94' Fender Stratocaster Black w/Black pearl pickguard
Pedals:
Keeley Flexi 4x12 Ibanez Tube Screamer
Keeley DS-1 Ultra
Keeley Compressor
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Contour Wah
Pod X3 Live
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Feb 27 2008, 08:46 AM
Get to da Chopper!
Quite often i listen to BBC international Radio 1 ( the breakfast show with Chris Moyles)

hes really funny IMO and all that bad music wakes me right up (i use my radio as an alarm)

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Feb 27 2008, 10:10 AM
You only get sh1tty chart music on the radio here, so no.

--------------------

+Quote Post
visi0n
Feb 27 2008, 10:12 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
I listen very often to the radio, especially when driving, or when im at work tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 27 2008, 10:37 AM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Feb 27 2008, 09:10 AM) *
You only get sh1tty chart music on the radio here, so no.

Boten Anna ? wub.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 27 2008, 11:23 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I listen to the radio every morning on the way in to work, its just a breakfast show so more talking than music and its quite entertaining and cheers me up on the depressing journey to work, the journey home is metal all the way tho laugh.gif far too much rubbish on the radio at that time! laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 27 2008, 11:37 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 27 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Boten Anna ? wub.gif

omg that sucks laugh.gif

I always listen to the radio in the car, it's nice to listen to the chart songs for change and when I listen to the metal channel it keeps me updated on what's new. But I especially like the talking inbetween songs.

Sometimes I prefer sports on the radio instead of the TV. It's just that with the tv I notice I'm not so engaged but just lazy glaring. Sports on the radio is more enthusiastic and serves you everything, times, positions etc on a silver plate. Perfect media!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Feb 27 2008, 11:38 AM
Lets go fishing!
What about this version?? tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 27 2008, 12:00 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Feb 27 2008, 11:38 AM) *
What about this version?? tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif that was a bit wierd too tongue.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:42 PM