Nooooooo Someone Help! Lol
Tmas
Mar 18 2008, 03:27 AM
GMC:er
Someone that knows how all the electric wonders inside my guitar work get on chat!!! plz.. lol

ok.. its been 2 mins and I impatient.. I just tell you peeps here whats wrong.. I recently rewired the jack wires on my guitar.. they got twisted up and broke, but were too short so I used doorbell wire, soldered together with the old wire, and shazzam! worked wonderfully besides the two burns on my finger and the bottom of my foot.. (dont ask). But anyways.. I'm home for spring break and I finally hooked it up to my big amp instead of my mini cube. Im getting some really bad buzzing now... and it only goes away if I touch some metal on my guitar, ie. the jack or the strings. I don't know much about electronics but this means something isnt grounded right??? also, could it be my amp? I noticed Its buzzes softly when I turn it up past 5 with nothing plugged in, and I can't remember if it did this before.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tmas: Mar 18 2008, 03:35 AM

--------------------
Yeah... I'm member number 911. What about it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 18 2008, 09:57 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Grounding. Check the cables you soldered, the ground cable seem ill. And wear thick boots while soldering laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Danilo Capezzuto
Mar 18 2008, 10:03 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 18 2008, 09:57 AM) *
Grounding. Check the cables you soldered, the ground cable seem ill. And wear thick boots while soldering laugh.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Mar 18 2008, 10:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Mar 18 2008, 09:57 AM) *
And wear thick boots while soldering laugh.gif

or watch your step laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 18 2008, 02:46 PM
Instructor
Did you solder you ground cable to the metal hardware?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 18 2008, 02:48 PM
This sounds really bumb but, when I rewired mine I got static and buzzing too and realized I hadn't pushed the jack in all the way. Otherwise it's probably a ground issue. Ofcourse I didn't solder it with my feet so that may have something to do with it too.

+Quote Post
Tmas
Mar 19 2008, 02:53 AM
Don't be hating my soldering skills... haha wel I wish I knew what the grounding wire looked like.. I'll look it over some more tomorrow when I have time, but the only cables I touched were the ones goign to the jack.. maybe some solder dripped...

--------------------
Yeah... I'm member number 911. What about it?

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 19 2008, 07:26 PM
If the wires going to your jack are black and white, the black is the ground. The door bell wire may be the prob also. What guitar is it? It may be best just to run a new wire from the jack to the ground. When they got twisted the other end may have come loose.

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Mar 19 2008, 10:14 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Also had this problem, called an elektrician who soldered it for me. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:36 PM