8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Pod Xt/x3 Q&a, Come here to ask about your POD XT/X3 related queries
muntahunta
Dec 5 2007, 03:30 AM
Learning Roadie
Hey, I tried to write a POD XT/X3 guide on this forum but then relised it was too big of a project for how much time I had.

This thread is here for anyone to ask ANYTHING about the POD XT/X3.
I know quite alot about the POD XT/X3 due to practicing, gigging and recording (guitars/bass/vocals) with it.
Anything I cant answer i'm sure someone else will know.

Here is a link to the old thread I made which includes a list of all the POD XT models: The Guitarists Guide To The POD XT Live

If you have any questions about the POD XT/X3, this is the place to post them.

Cheers
Chris

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Dec 5 2007, 03:33 AM
GMC:er
As an ex podder I'm really interested in how the new X3 sounds compared to the old XT. The main reason I gave away my XT was because I never was really satisfied with the sounds I could get out of it, especially when I tried for more dynamic sounds. From what I've read the X3 is a total revision of the hardware so I'm really curious about how it sounds.

/Marcus

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 5 2007, 03:41 AM
Learning Roadie
As an ex podder I'm really interested in how the new X3 sounds compared to the old XT. The main reason I gave away my XT was because I never was really satisfied with the sounds I could get out of it, especially when I tried for more dynamic sounds. From what I've read the X3 is a total revision of the hardware so I'm really curious about how it sounds.

weeeeell.
there are differences in the sounds of the X3, the ability to change the order of your setup (delay>volume>reverb>wah>etc) is a great addition (the XT only allowed a couple of things to be changed).
I could record the same patch on the XT and X3 if you wanted and upload them, but to be honest there wouldnt be a great difference as it wouldnt be taking advantage of the new features involved.
The BEST feature on the X3 is the ability to use 2 different settings at the same time with the added option of outputting them through 2 seperate outputs. It gives the X3 so much more versatility.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 6 2007, 03:37 PM
yo muntahunta! I´ve got the X3. Haven´t really explored that much yet because it´s new. But I´ve very briefly to see if I got input signal recorded some guitar and some song. Like I said I haven´t really checked all there is to check yet but the song was awfully much lower input on then the guitar. The volume seemed to be up though.

it´s not the best mic in the world but you might know something that will make the recording better? Some boost of any kind I´m not yet familiar with? peace out smile.gif

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 6 2007, 10:34 PM
Learning Roadie
im not quite sure what you mean. but im guessing that your trying to record with a microphone plugged into your X3 using the microphone preamps.

if thats the case then the master volume and the effect volume can both make a difference. if both of these are turned up then there is also a way to increase the dB (this can go + or - depending on what your wanting)

if you could explain your problem a little better then i may be able to help. another thing that would help would be to know if you have the Live version or the normal version

Cheers
Chris

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 7 2007, 02:01 PM
Instructor
Hi muntahunta!

I have the podxt and I was just wondering if the podxt 3 already has any kind of upgradeable model packs like the podxt??

-Toni

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 8 2007, 02:46 PM
Learning Roadie
I have the podxt and I was just wondering if the podxt 3 already has any kind of upgradeable model packs like the podxt??

it has the model packs built in and more. theres no need to buy any addon packs and Line 6 have said they dont plan on making any for the X3.
the list of amps/cabs/effects can be found Here

the X3 includes bass models and Mic preamps aswell as the guitar models.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 15 2007, 11:55 AM
I think my x3 broke... :/ When recording a synth effect is on but on low volume.. Kind of like only the reverb for the actual syntheffect.. And the same when I have my phones on... However, on line out/live out there is not of that... So i can play with amp but not with phones / record stuff.... The syntheffect like when you hit a note it plays like a synthmelody... sort of... it´s on all the presets. It couldn´t be I hit some buttons acidently right? since it´s not sounding on live out... right?

+Quote Post
jean-mi
Dec 15 2007, 12:23 PM
hey all,

we have a discussion here too....

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry101043

biggrin.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 15 2007, 11:55 PM
Learning Roadie
I think my x3 broke... :/ When recording a synth effect is on but on low volume.. Kind of like only the reverb for the actual syntheffect.. And the same when I have my phones on... However, on line out/live out there is not of that... So i can play with amp but not with phones / record stuff.... The syntheffect like when you hit a note it plays like a synthmelody... sort of... it´s on all the presets. It couldn´t be I hit some buttons acidently right? since it´s not sounding on live out... right?

well, im guessing what youve done is changed the settings on the output. check that either of the tones arent on "Mute" or that youve got them sending to the left or right outputs (unless your using both outputs)

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
jammer91
Dec 22 2007, 07:55 PM
Hi Munta, I just got a POD XTL but am having major difficulties using it. I cant even ge a single sound out of my amp. Can you please help me?

Heres the link to the thread:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...mp;#entry105489

Thanks

--------------------

QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Nov 10 2007, 12:27 AM) *
Part of the key to success is to never call yourself good...

My RIg:
-Epiphone 1967 FLying V
-Line 6 POD XT live
-VOX Valvetronics AD30VT
-Yamaha EG-112
-Yamaha GA-10
-Some Yamaha acoustic which is a magnet to dust under my bed

End World Hunger

+Quote Post
AudunESP
Dec 22 2007, 08:30 PM
What is the best way of getting good sound with Pod X3 when recording?
- just plug the pod to the pc and record
or
-plug it through an external sound card, audio control 1 for my case

This post has been edited by AudunESP: Dec 22 2007, 08:32 PM

--------------------
Scales = some boring stuff thats totally unnescesary to create cool music, liek, if ur stupid.

+Quote Post
Mackietao
Dec 22 2007, 08:37 PM
QUOTE (muntahunta @ Dec 15 2007, 11:55 PM) *
well, im guessing what youve done is changed the settings on the output. check that either of the tones arent on "Mute" or that youve got them sending to the left or right outputs (unless your using both outputs)

I don´t think I did that. Why would a "broken" synthmodule be playing even with silence from the guitar on all presets. And only thru USB and headphones. Not thru speakers. biggrin.gif weird...
Anyhow I reinstalled all that can be done and after that it was okay again. It took 2-3 times of flashing the memory until it was good though.

+Quote Post
jean-mi
Dec 22 2007, 10:00 PM
QUOTE (AudunESP @ Dec 22 2007, 08:30 PM) *
or

I use it with satisfaction just pluged to the pc (record via usb or line in)
the sound is clean and as the original

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 23 2007, 05:34 PM
Learning Roadie
I don´t think I did that. Why would a "broken" synthmodule be playing even with silence from the guitar on all presets. And only thru USB and headphones. Not thru speakers. biggrin.gif weird...
Anyhow I reinstalled all that can be done and after that it was okay again. It took 2-3 times of flashing the memory until it was good though.

so its all fixed now then?

or

this depends on all the equipment you have. if your sound card is a proffessional sound card then thats probably the best way to go. but the USB works fine either way. trial and error is the best way to find these things out tongue.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 27 2007, 03:51 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey Muntahunta, Just bought myself the X3, Was wondering if i can still download Patches like Marcus' Solo patch, without any trouble, i would just try to do it, but i forgot to buy a powerchord while i was out dry.gif

Just checking to make sure wink.gif

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 27 2007, 09:43 PM
Learning Roadie
well, you can download the POD XT patches and send them to you X3 via Line6 Monkey. but at the moment there isnt a way to download patches straight to your X3. you have to download the patch to your computer then send the patch to the X3 through line 6 monkey.
Line 6 have said they have plans for some sort of download mechanism for the X3 but its nowhere near done yet.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 28 2007, 12:47 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Second question, i installed Line 6 monkey, but when i go to install the drivers it doesnt work, heres what happens.

--Open Line6 Monkey
--Go to updates tab
--click on drivers
--click update selection
--go through the installation process, at the end of which it tells me to connect my POD X3 Live, and run "Found New Hardware Wizard", but when i run the wizard, it seems to install, but when the progress bar fills up, it says cannot install (Code 10)

any help is much appreciated.

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Dec 28 2007, 12:48 AM

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 28 2007, 01:34 AM
Learning Roadie
the only thing i can suggest is checking out the Line6 FAQ on their website and also their forums. ill do a quick scan for you now, see what i come up with.

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Dec 28 2007, 01:53 AM
Learning Roadie
ok, i have had a quick scan through the Line6 forums and heres the answers i have come up with.

PROBLEM
if your computer is running USB1.0 it wont work (i doubt it if you have a fairly new computer)
SOLUTION
try get a USB1.0-USB2.0 convertor

PROBLEM
you are connecting throught a USB1.0 hub
SOLUTION
to test if your connecting through a 1.0 hub, try plugging straight into the computer. if it works, get a USB2.0 hub.
ALSO
make sure your using a USB2.0 cable, just use the one out of the box

PROBLEM
You are running a windows 64-bit operating system, sometimes the drivers dont work with this.
SOLUTION
i have no idea

PROBLEM
Line6 Monkey not up to date
SOLUTION
get the latest one

PROBLEM
the POD X3 flash drives arent updated
SOLUTION
get them updated via line6 money... however i cant see this being a viable option due to the fact you cant connect to line 6 monkey. just thought i'd put this here just incase

This post has been edited by muntahunta: Dec 28 2007, 01:46 PM

--------------------
Guitars:
Effects:
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:57 PM