Crowdfunding Of My Band
warrioroflight
Oct 7 2014, 12:43 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Hey Guys!

First of all... its funny that Ben just recently made his post about crowdfunding and tells us if he likes it or not... and i just started a crowdfunding campain with my band...

So, my idea of my thread was to invite all of you to have a look at this page and to pledge for our upcomming cd if you like it! But after i saw Bens thread i will write some more words, also my oppinion to that crowdfunding thing, if you dont mind... :-)

My Band IN LEGEND has started a crowdfunding campain to get at least a small amount of the money back they invested into recordings, mixing, mastering, and so many other things that cost an ass full of money! Of course there could be labels wich give you the money for that, but then they have the rights on your songs, your cds... so they have just the rights about your soul! a self written cd is a like a baby, that you have to take care of, and you also wouldnt want to give it away, right?
so, how can a musician get enough money to release a cd by himself? working for 3-4 years, saving every cent? that would be possible... but long.... so why cant the people wich are ment to be the listeners of that artist decide if they want to support him "directly"? If you buy a cd in the store, the artist will get less than 1€ for that... +taxes!!! if you buy a cd from a crowdfunding thing the artist gets at least 5 to 6 times that much! there i just no label or management in between wich takes a lot away from you... and thats in my opinion the way, music should be spread... from an artist/a band directly to the fans!!!

ok... sorry for this long words... enough for now about that...
now we come to my band:

IN LEGEND is a Metal Band from Germany... but not just ordinary metal.... it is metal, without guitars! We have two pianos, a bass, drums and a singer! We call our music "Handhammered-piano-craft"...
you will find all of the infos about us here on the crowdfunding website:

www.pledgemusic.com/inlegend

until now the fans are awesome and we´ve just reached the 100% within 6 days!!! that really blew our minds... but anyway... if we get more, we can also do a lot more for our fans like videos, pictures and other funny surprises!
I´d really appreciate if you would pledge for our new cd!!!

if you just want to listen to our newest song, there you go:

http://youtu.be/TVcWTLeGmMc

and you can find some older songs here trough our "YOUTUBE-DVD"

http://youtu.be/lSZNskw1AVw?list=PLE1BE1AC580DC5E1A

i´d love to see some comments here! how do you like it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my band: IN LEGEND

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Huargo
Oct 7 2014, 12:53 PM
Tone Seeker
Hi thanks for share and good luck!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 7 2014, 07:20 PM
Instructor
Dude I had no idea you did this.. the music is really good, the piano thing works ! biggrin.gif

The bass is sexy as hell

QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Oct 7 2014, 12:43 PM) *
so, how can a musician get enough money to release a cd by himself? working for 3-4 years, saving every cent? that would be possible... but long.... so why cant the people wich are ment to be the listeners of that artist decide if they want to support him "directly"? If you buy a cd in the store, the artist will get less than 1€ for that... +taxes!!! if you buy a cd from a crowdfunding thing the artist gets at least 5 to 6 times that much! there i just no label or management in between wich takes a lot away from you... and thats in my opinion the way, music should be spread... from an artist/a band directly to the fans!!!

It does look like I'm against crowd funding in my other thread but I have seen another side to it. Your comments above are a good representation of why c/ funding can be a great thing for musicians. The bit about the listeners supporting the artist directly seems obvious but I hadn't really thought about it like that. Sometimes we can miss the obvious when it's right in front of us !?! rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Oct 7 2014, 07:16 PM

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Oct 7 2014, 08:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
All I gotta say about record labels and managerial funding is, beware. Good luck on your venture!

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 7 2014, 10:14 PM
GMC:er
Firstly, FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!! and MUCHO CONGRATS!!!! smile.gif

On reading about your band and listening, it make me think of what APOCOLYPTICA did a bit back inviting musicians to play on their songs as guests. Have you guys ever thought of asking guitar players to play over existing tracks to re-release/remix, or new tracks as an expansion of your music smile.gif If so, I'd like to sign up smile.gif I can record from here and send music via drop box as could anyone else.

Todd

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 8 2014, 10:22 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
@ Ben: Thank you! But i just play the Bass in it... the original credits go to our Singer... he writes all that stuff! :-)
Of cousre its more comfortable, when you have a label and a manager on your side, especially if they are experienced and really want to help you... but somethimes you just have to do things on your own!

@ SirJamesalot: Thanks!!! Thats a hilarious video!!! biggrin.gif

@ Todd: Thank you for that!!! smile.gif
We actually never tought about that (yet ;-) ) but maybe we will! We heve to just release the second album, go on tour and make a bigger name... then we can think about those specials... but i´ll keep you in mind! smile.gif

So, anyone wants to pledge???? biggrin.gif

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Oct 8 2014, 01:03 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Oct 8 2014, 10:22 AM) *
@ Ben: Thank you! But i just play the Bass in it...

Yeah but it's some awesome bass... that's a really nice and solid tone

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 8 2014, 08:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
fender jazz bass + eden = a wet dream!!! no cabinet needed... ;-)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2014, 04:28 AM
Hmm. Well, I remember I plededge on the EVILE album as they were offering a spot in the LINEAR NOTES and a CD and Tshirt to anyone that pledged $50. Whats your pledge package look like?

QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Oct 8 2014, 05:22 AM) *
@ Ben: Thank you! But i just play the Bass in it... the original credits go to our Singer... he writes all that stuff! :-)
Of cousre its more comfortable, when you have a label and a manager on your side, especially if they are experienced and really want to help you... but somethimes you just have to do things on your own!

@ SirJamesalot: Thanks!!! Thats a hilarious video!!! biggrin.gif

@ Todd: Thank you for that!!! smile.gif
We actually never tought about that (yet ;-) ) but maybe we will! We heve to just release the second album, go on tour and make a bigger name... then we can think about those specials... but i´ll keep you in mind! smile.gif

So, anyone wants to pledge???? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Oct 9 2014, 10:36 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 9 2014, 05:28 AM) *
Whats your pledge package look like?

Oh, for 22@ you will get a digital download of the cd and you can sweep our rehearsal room for example! :-D^^
Just have a look here: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/inlegend
not all pledge packages have been released yet... there are still more great and funny things to come!

the thing is, the new cd is already finished ( since 2013....) but i´ll really keep that in mind for the next one! :-)

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2014, 03:46 PM
Gotcha smile.gif Just checked them out and you've got some great stuff!! I"ll pick one out!! I did the BATTLE CROSS campaign and had the guitar player say YOUR WATCHING TECHNIQUES WITH TODD (which is my guitar lesson series on youtube) in to camera for the shout out part. So these indie campaigns often can help folks on both sides!

QUOTE (warrioroflight @ Oct 9 2014, 05:36 AM) *
Oh, for 22@ you will get a digital download of the cd and you can sweep our rehearsal room for example! :-D^^
Just have a look here: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/inlegend
not all pledge packages have been released yet... there are still more great and funny things to come!

the thing is, the new cd is already finished ( since 2013....) but i´ll really keep that in mind for the next one! :-)

+Quote Post
warrioroflight
Nov 12 2014, 05:19 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
so, if anyone is maybe still interested whats happening with the crowfunding campain of my band... we reached 217% untill now and there are still over 50 days untill its finished!! :-)
as special thanks for reaching the 200% we released another video! maybe someone wants to have a look at it!! :-)

how do you like it??

--------------------

And our YouTube Channel

Thanks

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:48 AM