Post Here Your Own Songs - Ideas Or Wathever You Want!, I could give you a technical feedback about your singing
Luciana Segovia
Sep 17 2007, 12:12 AM
Singing Instructor
happy.gif hi!

I'm curious about knowing how many singers are out there in GMC!!!!

I invite you to post here your own ideas and have my tecnical feedback if you want...

See you soon!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Howsey
Nov 7 2007, 05:19 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Luciana @ Sep 16 2007, 11:12 PM) *
happy.gif hi!

I'm curious about knowing how many singers are out there in GMC!!!!

I invite you to post here your own ideas and have my tecnical feedback if you want...

See you soon!

Hi Luciana
Just wondering if you could give me a little advice please. I've played guitar for a few years now, but i'm wanting to try out singing/songwriting.
As i am a beginner, i dare'nt let family/friends listen to me ( not very confident). Could you please have a listen to my Oasis (cover) that i have done, Is their any hope for me? or should i stick to guitar playing? Any technical advice would be much appriecated.
Thankyou
Howsey.
P.s Great lessons!!

Attached File  morning_glory.wav ( 32.11MB ) Number of downloads: 503

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 7 2007, 05:46 AM
Moi last attempt at a song type thing, only I'm unsure what to do vocally at the fast break. unsure.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Incandescence.mp3 ( 1.5MB ) Number of downloads: 295

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Nov 8 2007, 11:10 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Howsey @ Nov 7 2007, 05:19 AM) *
Hi Luciana
Just wondering if you could give me a little advice please. I've played guitar for a few years now, but i'm wanting to try out singing/songwriting.
As i am a beginner, i dare'nt let family/friends listen to me ( not very confident). Could you please have a listen to my Oasis (cover) that i have done, Is their any hope for me? or should i stick to guitar playing? Any technical advice would be much appriecated.
Thankyou
Howsey.
P.s Great lessons!!

howsey:

I must confess that I heard your version of morning glory a lot of times!. I love it... you have a beautiful voice. Any hope??? your voice is great!.
I noticed that you have to develop your breathing.... Your voice is not kept stable when you support the notes, when you hold them... and you have to practice the attack of the notes...I´ll do a lesson fot that...
But about breathing... try to take breath deeper before you sing, and looking for the support in your diaphragm.. That's will make your voice sounds more confident. wink.gif

This post has been edited by Luciana: Nov 8 2007, 11:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 9 2007, 02:55 AM
QUOTE (Howsey @ Nov 7 2007, 04:19 AM) *
Hi Luciana
Thankyou
Howsey.
P.s Great lessons!!

I just got a chance to listen to this (the download was rather big and my net is slooooow) anyways;

I think its really good, you have a cool voice, you do sound a bit strained at some notes but as Luciana says you probably just need to work on your breathing, I wouldnt be too ashamed about letting friends hear you at all! Hell, mine tolerate me and my yowlings all the time, I dont really care too much - I'm too bloodyminded laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Nov 9 2007, 11:06 AM
Singing Instructor
to Owen:

I heard you song, but I can`t hear you clearly sad.gif because you recored it with a lot of effect. Remember that I need to listen to you clearly to know if you have any problem on your voice.
But what I could hear it's sound pretty cool!.. I didn`t notice that you don't have problems to sing on pich!, and that's great because represents de 50% of the vocal tecnique. Is your band?? So Cool! wink.gif Can you post another song without effect for me?, Thanks a lot. I'm really interesting on hearing you.-

Luciana

--------------------

+Quote Post
Howsey
Nov 9 2007, 06:15 PM
QUOTE (Luciana @ Nov 8 2007, 10:10 PM) *
howsey:

I must confess that I heard your version of morning glory a lot of times!. I love it... you have a beautiful voice. Any hope??? your voice is great!.
I noticed that you have to develop your breathing.... Your voice is not kept stable when you support the notes, when you hold them... and you have to practice the attack of the notes...I´ll do a lesson fot that...
But about breathing... try to take breath deeper before you sing, and looking for the support in your diaphragm.. That's will make your voice sounds more confident. wink.gif

Luciana
Thankyou!!! I'll work on my breathing and on attacking the notes more. smile.gif

QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 9 2007, 01:55 AM) *
I just got a chance to listen to this (the download was rather big and my net is slooooow) anyways;

I think its really good, you have a cool voice, you do sound a bit strained at some notes but as Luciana says you probably just need to work on your breathing, I wouldnt be too ashamed about letting friends hear you at all! Hell, mine tolerate me and my yowlings all the time, I dont really care too much - I'm too bloodyminded laugh.gif

Owen
Thanks for the comments owen. Keep up the good work.
I've taken on board what Luciana has said.

+Quote Post
Khaos Keith
Dec 17 2007, 09:04 PM
hey guys and miss luciana. to two or you sound good. i like both your voices. i dont have a lot of knowledge on singing but to the average joe the singing sounded good =0)

and of course luciana you are an amazing singer. and your harmonies are like... they just give you that incredible feeling when you hear them smile.gif

--------------------
Random Person : "got a myspace page?"

Me : "hahaha who doesn't? the url is

http://www.myspace.com/maidenmayhem

hahah"

+Quote Post
TortillaShred
Feb 15 2008, 08:25 AM
Hey Luciana!

I'm kinda new around here, but I've followed your lessons since you started here... At least I saw the free videos laugh.gif

Tho I must confess I just saw them because female singers melt me... If you know what I mean... wub.gif

Anyway, if you could please listen to this song and tell me what you think I'd be pleased forever biggrin.gif

It's called El Trato, I play it, sing it, and I also composed it (music & lyrics) rolleyes.gif . I won a couple of prices with it at school tongue.gif (3rd place general and 1st place lyrics! cool.gif)

Well, see ya and tell me what you think! It's in spanish, so I hope you get some of the feeling it was sung with wink.gif

Btw, I love your voice!!!!!! wub.gif !!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Fer_Gonz_lez___El_Trato.mp3 ( 3.48MB ) Number of downloads: 243

--------------------
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Epiphone Sg Special (with EMG 81/85 set and custom pickguard)

Zoom 606 II multieffect pedal
Boss Gt-8 multieffect pedal

Vox Ad50vt amplifier

Washburn D100 acoustic guitar
Squier acoustic guitar

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Feb 16 2008, 08:48 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Khaos Keith @ Dec 17 2007, 09:04 PM) *
hey guys and miss luciana. to two or you sound good. i like both your voices. i dont have a lot of knowledge on singing but to the average joe the singing sounded good =0)

and of course luciana you are an amazing singer. and your harmonies are like... they just give you that incredible feeling when you hear them smile.gif

Thank you a lot! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Feb 16 2008, 09:36 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (TortillaShred @ Feb 15 2008, 08:25 AM) *
Hey Luciana!

I'm kinda new around here, but I've followed your lessons since you started here... At least I saw the free videos laugh.gif

Tho I must confess I just saw them because female singers melt me... If you know what I mean... wub.gif

Anyway, if you could please listen to this song and tell me what you think I'd be pleased forever biggrin.gif

It's called El Trato, I play it, sing it, and I also composed it (music & lyrics) rolleyes.gif . I won a couple of prices with it at school tongue.gif (3rd place general and 1st place lyrics! cool.gif)

Well, see ya and tell me what you think! It's in spanish, so I hope you get some of the feeling it was sung with wink.gif

Btw, I love your voice!!!!!! wub.gif !!!

Hey TortillaShred! First of all.. my congrats!!!!! thank you for posting here you song.. i like it very much wink.gif

(your spanish is perfect! where are you from? huh.gif )

but technically ....

your voice is on pitch always and that is awsome! laugh.gif
I love your falsetos wink.gif ... maybe you could try to do it more louder, because sometimes they disappear..
I notice a words " entre" in "el trato debía celebrarse en-tre los dos" , it's cut. I had prefered that you were taking air before and not cutting this word.
And in the higher notes you have to take a breath before cause it's feel different. You can hear it. You are squezing or pressing the throat.
I like the lyric wink.gif it's so dark!!! I like it a lot!! I love them when they speak about loving frustrations laugh.gif
I notice that you often are not pronounce the vowels well.. like " ficción" . Makes me to not understand what are you singing. like in the beginning.. before "en una flor" I can't understand anything unsure.gif
Your pronunciation is very closed.. but maybe it's your spanish...

Again... my Congratulations!... you are singing very well!

more practice to do it perfectly! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TortillaShred
Feb 16 2008, 10:32 PM
QUOTE (Luciana @ Feb 16 2008, 01:36 PM) *
Hey TortillaShred! First of all.. my congrats!!!!! thank you for posting here you song.. i like it very much wink.gif

(your spanish is perfect! where are you from? huh.gif )

but technically ....

your voice is on pitch always and that is awsome! laugh.gif
I love your falsetos wink.gif ... maybe you could try to do it more louder, because sometimes they disappear..
I notice a words " entre" in "el trato debía celebrarse en-tre los dos" , it's cut. I had prefered that you were taking air before and not cutting this word.
And in the higher notes you have to take a breath before cause it's feel different. You can hear it. You are squezing or pressing the throat.
I like the lyric wink.gif it's so dark!!! I like it a lot!! I love them when they speak about loving frustrations laugh.gif
I notice that you often are not pronounce the vowels well.. like " ficción" . Makes me to not understand what are you singing. like in the beginning.. before "en una flor" I can't understand anything unsure.gif
Your pronunciation is very closed.. but maybe it's your spanish...

Again... my Congratulations!... you are singing very well!

more practice to do it perfectly! biggrin.gif

Hey, well, thank you so much for hearing my song! rolleyes.gif Glad you liked it!

BUT... I kinda' feel bad because spanish is my mother language laugh.gif ... Failing at your mother language = Failing at life laugh.gif . Oh, and I'm from México cool.gif

And I get what you say... I really don't have a high-note range, and about the vowels, I cut words because of tempo... I "felt" it that way while singing it... unsure.gif But now that you say it, it would've sounded TONS better without cutting them... tongue.gif

Thank you for your advice! =)

And the lyrics before "una flor" are "Te ofrezco un trato CONJUGADO en una flor" wink.gif If you want the lyrics just tell me... I must have them somewhere around here rolleyes.gif

Thanks for your time & advice! |m|

P.S. Would you recommend me any of the lessons available or any "in the process" tongue.gif lesson?

EDIT: "Oh, and I'm from México cool.gif"

This post has been edited by TortillaShred: Feb 16 2008, 10:35 PM

--------------------
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Epiphone Sg Special (with EMG 81/85 set and custom pickguard)

Zoom 606 II multieffect pedal
Boss Gt-8 multieffect pedal

Vox Ad50vt amplifier

Washburn D100 acoustic guitar
Squier acoustic guitar

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 6 2008, 02:59 AM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Luciana smile.gif I recorded 2 things of me singing with my acoustic guitar so you could tell me what I need to fix smile.gif
The first one is part of Neil Young - Rockin in the Free World, and the second one is a riff with some improvised lyrics over top of it.

I know the quality isn't great, its on a webcam haha

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: Mar 6 2008, 10:34 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2008_03_05_74233.wma ( 877.02K ) Number of downloads: 214
Attached File  2008_03_05_75045.wma ( 150.58K ) Number of downloads: 184

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Mar 15 2008, 02:32 AM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 6 2008, 02:59 AM) *
Hey Luciana smile.gif I recorded 2 things of me singing with my acoustic guitar so you could tell me what I need to fix smile.gif
The first one is part of Neil Young - Rockin in the Free World, and the second one is a riff with some improvised lyrics over top of it.

I know the quality isn't great, its on a webcam haha

Congrats! I'm so happy that you post some songs...
I'll notice that you did so many questions in my personal board... that makes me proud, that you want to show me how is your singing now. This is the real way to work and learn. good for you!!!! wink.gif smile.gif

Well...your singing remaind me to Kurt Cobain wink.gif .
The way that you are singing is very cool!. You are always on pitch... that's great- But I'll notice sometimes a kind of insecurity in your voice. For example: I enjoy your second song much than the first one. Maybe because the second one is an improvisation and I can feel that you really enjoy it. Your voice sounds more confident. But don't worry .. this is natural when we sing a cover. This always happens. I think that you have to feel like a rock star when you are singing rock songs!
Did you hear the improvisations of Kris!???. when he is singing you can feel that he is a rock star! because he thinks that!!! cool.gif and it's perfect!!!!
and this is an important secret... the voice can transmit all your feelings. smile.gif
So.. ENJOY IT! Try to make the singing funny! try to sing more confident. It doesn't matter the others. Feel the music. Concentrate on your singing and .... you'll see the difference. wink.gif

Congratulations Stevie·Ray·Vaughn!!!

Luciana

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 15 2008, 05:02 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks Luciana smile.gif I will post every so often so you can make sure I'm doing everything right smile.gif So am I headed in the right direction with singing?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Mar 15 2008, 04:15 PM
Singing Instructor
Yes you are! wink.gif keep on practicing!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 20 2008, 10:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Luciana! smile.gif
I thought I'd try uploading another cover song
The song is Watching Over Me by Iced Earth, and was a bit of a challenge, but I decided to upload it anyways
I know there are some out of key notes, but I'd still like your input smile.gif
Thank you biggrin.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  2008_04_14_50703.mp3 ( 2.58MB ) Number of downloads: 248

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Apr 20 2008, 10:23 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Actually I haven't recorded any vocals yet (Except on some of Tronds songs, but that's just funny stuff..) sad.gif
But when I do, and I will, I'll post it here as I'd really like your input smile.gif

Been listening alot to the Cirse album and you sing so good it's amazing!
Can't wait to hear more from you, I'll order a whole bunch of cds to spread the word in Norway biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Apr 29 2008, 02:00 PM
Singing Instructor
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Apr 20 2008, 10:11 PM) *
Hey Luciana! smile.gif
I thought I'd try uploading another cover song
The song is Watching Over Me by Iced Earth, and was a bit of a challenge, but I decided to upload it anyways
I know there are some out of key notes, but I'd still like your input smile.gif
Thank you biggrin.gif

Wow!
I love this song!
In this time there's a kind of relax when you are singing that makes the song super cool, again like Kurt Cobain.
and the little problems of pitch that i can hear will fix only with practice.-
So.. my congrats to you!.
laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Apr 29 2008, 10:36 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Luciana Segovia @ Apr 29 2008, 01:00 PM) *
Wow!
I love this song!
In this time there's a kind of relax when you are singing that makes the song super cool, again like Kurt Cobain.
and the little problems of pitch that i can hear will fix only with practice.-
So.. my congrats to you!.
laugh.gif

Thank you Luciana! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:10 AM