First Youtube Criticism- Constructive Criticism
TreyDeschamp
Jul 3 2013, 03:00 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
First youtube cover guys! I kept it simple. It's "To The Stage" by Asking Alexandria and it's a great jam by one of my favorite bands. Looking for some constructive criticism. There are a few times where I fall off beat but overall I feel it went fairly well.

By the way, towards the end I start looking like a jackass because I didn't really know what to do as the guitar rang out. I guess I could have faded the video out by I opted to embarrass myself instead. laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by TreyDeschamp: Jul 3 2013, 03:01 AM

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 3 2013, 07:39 AM
Instructor
Hey man! I listened two times - one time while not paying close attention - usually when something bothers me, my attention is drawn immediately and the second time while paying attention - I think that you did a very good job overall and those spots are not that obvious wink.gif

This is a very good habit - covering songs that is and making movies, but I suggest doing it with backing tracks instead of playing over the original recording - it's like riding a bike with additional wheels - once you get'em off it's a bit harder to keep your balance.

It's more difficult, because you can't find ALL the backing tracks you need but try it with the ones you can find smile.gif I for one am working with great backing tracks for Pantera songs which I found on Youtube -> for instance:

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Jul 3 2013, 09:15 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 3 2013, 06:39 AM) *
Hey man! I listened two times - one time while not paying close attention - usually when something bothers me, my attention is drawn immediately and the second time while paying attention - I think that you did a very good job overall and those spots are not that obvious wink.gif

This is a very good habit - covering songs that is and making movies, but I suggest doing it with backing tracks instead of playing over the original recording - it's like riding a bike with additional wheels - once you get'em off it's a bit harder to keep your balance.

It's more difficult, because you can't find ALL the backing tracks you need but try it with the ones you can find smile.gif I for one am working with great backing tracks for Pantera songs which I found on Youtube -> for instance:

Hey mate! This wet really nice! Well done smile.gif One thing that took my attention at the very beginning is that:

MOST METAL RELATED GUITAR PLAYERS PLAY ONE DIRECTION (DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN) EVERY TIME THEY CAN HANDLE THE TEMPO! smile.gif

One direction picking and mutin has it's unique flavour and I think this is the way that the beginning shoulb be played smile.gif Also...It will give You more pleasure of playing - more emotional addiction to the track smile.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Jul 3 2013, 03:20 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jul 3 2013, 01:39 AM) *

Thanks man! If I could find a backing track for this I would have. To try and compensate for a lack of a backing track, I turned down the originals volume so that my guitar could be heard better.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Jul 3 2013, 03:15 AM) *
Hey mate! This wet really nice! Well done smile.gif One thing that took my attention at the very beginning is that:

MOST METAL RELATED GUITAR PLAYERS PLAY ONE DIRECTION (DOWN DOWN DOWN DOWN) EVERY TIME THEY CAN HANDLE THE TEMPO! smile.gif

One direction picking and mutin has it's unique flavour and I think this is the way that the beginning shoulb be played smile.gif Also...It will give You more pleasure of playing - more emotional addiction to the track smile.gif

Thanks for the advice Darius! I actually was playing this jam that way when I first started learning this track. I did this up until recently when I saw a Guitar World video with the two guitarists from Asking Alexandria teaching this track. They actually pedal pick this track. I wanted to stay as true to the song as I could so I went ahead and did what they do. wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2013, 04:49 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Great cover! I think that you did a very good job with this one. Maybe adding more aggression to your playing could help to make the sound more defined. These metal styles are usually played with more intensity. Besides that, I think that Cosmin suggestion about using backing tracks is very important. It's very different how you feel when you don't have a guitar there that guides you all the time.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Jul 3 2013, 05:16 PM
COOL biggrin.gif !!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:42 AM