Youtube Music Quality Drop
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 3 2014, 09:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I often used Youtube as a fast way of listening to a certain song but lately the quality has been dropping considerably. Ever since the songs detection mechanisms have been added by Youtube, people have become desperate and used pitch shifting of the music to get around it. This can really be annoying and I think there should be a way to filter out "random users" who upload music they don't own from official channels. Have you also noticed this? Last time I was searching for a song, I had real trouble finding the one which is not pitch shifted. Worst thing is that I bet a lot of listeners don't even know they are listening to a pitched shifted version of the song.

Spotify and Deezer are excellent services for listening to music but it is really interesting how Youtube as a video platform naturally took the first position as being also "audio listening" platform as well.

Do you think the YT platform will become more strict in the future?
...or the beautify of it is in the certain "chaos"? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
Sep 3 2014, 11:26 PM
GMC:er
OK, rant ahead. Read at your own risk.

No offense - but this is what we get (the collective 'we'). You want f'ng ease?, you want free?, you want fast?, you want no rules ... ? Well, you got it. And it's all basically crap. It looks bad, it sounds bad, you have to use an ad-blocker, etc. And sooner than later we will have to pay for any actual content on youtube. Do you think that Google built a state-of-the-art production facility (I've worked there - it's awesome!) in L.A. to give content away forever? No. They let you put the needle in your own arm for several years and now you will pay ... in all sorts of ways. Sadly, paying financially will be the least of the evils.

Coming up, you're gonna have to pay for ALL your content in any and all delivery mediums. There will be no public anything - including information. And unless you buy a premium bandwidth package it's gonna be slow and miserably low resolution ... and some stuff you won't be able to get at all. I guarantee you it'll be WAY worse than when we had only 3 major TV stations and 'big' labels. The free internet, the wild west of modern media ... that's the blip.

*The stifling of media and expression along with reporters getting their heads cut off ... it's a scary bad road we're going down.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by klasaine: Sep 3 2014, 11:52 PM

+Quote Post
Mertay
Sep 4 2014, 02:08 AM
GMC:er
When needed, I write the song name and artist on google and make a video search wink.gif I actually started doing this when the goverment here restricted youtube for a long while but now use it when non-pitch shifted or better quality is needed tongue.gif

Personally I believe TV as in today will become youtube in the future, atleast I feel that is their goal and they are doing a good job making that happen slowly.

But also I believe there will be options, like making a home server or wordpress like blogs that has decent data space. Who knows maybe google as company will also provide this as then no riot will happen.

Seems wise to store self made videos on a harddisk...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:21 PM