Lots and lots about me me ME ME MEEEEEEE!!!
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 14 2006, 09:10 PM
GMC Founder
:wink:

I hope you forgive me for my self-righteousness. I put together a new page with some of my old tunes and little extra stuff. Let me know what you think!!

/Kris biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 12)
Mark Schiewe
Jul 14 2006, 09:20 PM
GMC:er
Kris I am very sorry to here that Artifex broke up, but being the great guitarist you are, you won't have any trouble finding a new band smile.gif . Anyways, great page and keep up all the good work!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Liam
Jul 15 2006, 12:27 AM
I have an overdosis of Kristofer ... laugh.gif

cool page, I see your second hobby is fishing.
And those are big fish. Do you also eat the fish?

And yes your a funny guy woehahaha laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Captain Awesome
Jul 15 2006, 02:18 AM
Pretty interesting stuff. Very humorous as well. laugh.gif

That legato thing though, I believe the all hammer ons approach is used by Allan Holdsworth and Brett Garsed. I may be misinformed though.

+Quote Post
redsoxfan92490
Jul 15 2006, 03:38 AM
cool stuff kris. you should think about growing that beard out!. im lettin mine grow out longer than ive had it before cause its summer. as for the legato stuff, im workin on the basic patterns. im starting curious coincedence now. hope that will get my legato skills up. thats the next step to becoming a lead guitarist. peace out everyone

+Quote Post
sanders4617
Jul 15 2006, 05:28 AM
Your growing it about because its summer? Wouldn't you grow it out in the winter? =D Makes sense to me.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 15 2006, 08:22 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (Captain Awesome)
That legato thing though, I believe the all hammer ons approach is used by Allan Holdsworth and Brett Garsed. I may be misinformed though.

No these two definately do use it... Not sure about the specific patterns, though.

About Artifex - sure is sad, at least we have given it an honest shot...

About the fish - I don't eat the fish, I release it (may sound funny but it's a sport kind of thing..)

K smile.gif

+Quote Post
Captain Awesome
Jul 15 2006, 04:07 PM
I believe they even use hammer ons on decending patterns, which is a pain to get the hang of.

+Quote Post
lespaulkevin
Jul 15 2006, 05:40 PM
Kris you should come down to Montauk in NY some time, there is ridiculous fishing going on down here, as soon as you dip your rod in the water something bites it. And they're HUGE, its practically like cheating. laugh.gif I caught a bass that was the size of me, and i'm aout 5 10 145 pounds. So it was a pretty big fish. biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
BollyRotten
Jul 15 2006, 06:50 PM
Like the carp Mate! used to love fishing but have no time now!
Keep tropical fish, got 2 big tanks about 35 fish in total. hours of watching them with guitar in hand. you should try it mate it calms you down when your stuck trying to do some crazy lick!
:smoke

--------------------
I need more fingers!

+Quote Post
Jeff
Jul 24 2006, 08:34 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl)
:wink:  

I hope you forgive me for my self-righteousness. I put together a new page with some of my old tunes and little extra stuff. Let me know what you think!!

/Kris  :D

Kris - I like the page. I wish I could brag about catching those fish.

I notice on your Artifex video that you hold your guitar up high. That is exactly what I do. I have found that holding the guitar up higher makes it so much easier to play. I have seen a million videos with guys holding their guitars so low that sometimes I wonder how they can even play them at all. I think it puts too much strain on the wrist. Some even hold them below the waste with knees bent, etc. I don't know - I guess the "cool" look is better than good technique? :think

My 2 cents anyway. Hey I dig the German song man. Don't know the words but it sounds pretty funny. I've done some goofy songs like that too and I always get a kick out of them.

Jeff

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jul 24 2006, 09:34 PM
GMC Founder
smile.gif

Yes if you are into advanced solo guitar there is simply no way you can get away with having your guitar down to your knees - it's diffult enough anyway.

Guitarists like Slash and Zakk Wylde seem to throw the guitar up on their knees when attempting to do wider stretches and difficult stuff...

/K

+Quote Post
Marcus
Jul 25 2006, 04:54 PM
That's some interesting reading! smile.gif I really liked that you've explored the rap genre a bit wink.gif

Too bad that Artifex didn't work.. Are the songs and tabs that were here on freelicks gone forever?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:17 PM