Playback - To Be Or Not To Be!
Cosmin Lupu
May 17 2012, 07:48 AM
Instructor
Since this is a very debated topic among the music people in Romania, I would like to bring it up at GMC as well smile.gif

In here there are a whole lot of TV shows or events, where people have to or want to playback instead of performing for real! In some of the TV shows or events, the conditions are not ok for performing live, but the organizers want an artist to perform, so the artist will playback. In the other situation, the 'artist' is not entirely professional to be able to play live and pull a good show, so playback is chosen.

I for one had to do it in 2 occasions, when the organizers had no clue on what a live band needs, we were young and inexperienced, so we had no clue they won't have what we need, so it turned out really nasty for our morale - mimicking playing while the CD was on ... what a shame laugh.gif

I am curious - is this happening in other countries? And if yes, what's your opinion about it? Were you ever forced to do it - if yes, how did it go?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:56 PM