Boogie Woogie Piano!
Jesse
Jun 17 2009, 03:41 PM
GMC:er
I'm probably getting a keyboard. I'm going to learn to BOOGIE THEM WOOGIE!
I need a second instrument for the music conservatory and piano rules. And I love the boogie woogie. A keyboard is what I'll get, with 61 key's. Is that enough to boogie like this?
Limit really is 220 I think. Would a keyboard like the Yamaha PRS 313 be able to "re-create" the sounds of a grand piano pretty good. To sound like the one in the youtube video, or to get a Jerry Lee Lewis tone?biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jun 17 2009, 03:42 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Jun 17 2009, 03:45 PM
This is so f---in cool! Love boogie woogie, and a battle between guitar and piano is awesome too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jun 17 2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah, that's why I wanted to learn! I've always been attracted to the piano playing like this. Should be cool, at least an hour a day, and after summer vacation, I can play a mad boogie!

This post has been edited by Jesse: Jun 17 2009, 03:58 PM

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Jun 17 2009, 04:00 PM
QUOTE (Jesse @ Jun 17 2009, 09:41 AM) *
Would a keyboard like the Yamaha PRS 313 be able to "re-create" the sounds of a grand piano pretty good. To sound like the one in the youtube video, or to get a Jerry Lee Lewis tone?biggrin.gif

One of the piano sample banks in electronic keyboards used to be labeled (frequently anyway) as "Honky Tonk" which is slightly detuned and will sound about the same.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 20 2009, 09:05 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow this is BOOGIE !! Love it, I'm gonna buy this album! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 20 2009, 11:27 PM
Instructor
Very cool, this sounds awesome! biggrin.gif Makes me wanna jump and dance smile.gif I think it's not easy to play tho smile.gif Some licks are easy, but all of it it's pretty hard to learn I think

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Jun 22 2009, 12:05 AM
Instructor
Well mate a 61 key sythn or digital piano won't let you play as confortable as you could play on one of 76 key (that would be the size I'd recommend). The bass of the boogie woogie is all made with octaves and having those 16 extra keys would be great to play that kind of style.

The style is not really really hard but it has some complex stuff. I'd suggest you start on basic blues.

Let me know if you have more questions wink.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jun 22 2009, 03:32 AM
Come on guys!! Let's Dance!!. Hahaha. That's the reason why I want to go back to the piano. I studied classical piano for about 2 years and now I want to go back, but I want to play this!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:25 PM