Inspirational Speech Which Will Make You Start Practicing Ferociously - Guaranteed!
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 30 2013, 04:16 PM
Instructor
Check this out... It made me pick up the guitar without any hesitation! smile.gif Sometimes, a person emanating inspiration is all you need to give you that much needed nudge to practice on a bleak day!

Dave Grohl's SXSW 2013 Keynote Speech

Attention - he swears at some points smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bleez
Mar 30 2013, 05:18 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
that was awesome smile.gif what a brilliant speech.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Mar 30 2013, 05:31 PM
GMC:er
I just used 49 minutes of my life wisely...that was a truly inspirational speech from a guy who knows...The bit about the Beatles and vinyl with his kids made me laugh because that's exactly what we do with our kids...Give them Beatles records and a turntable...(for their own good of course)-... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Mar 30 2013, 05:33 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
He seems to have inspiring words every time he speaks. It is always great to hear someone talk about something they are truly in love with & enthusiastic about. You can easily tell that it is from the heart. Thanks for posting. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 30 2013, 05:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
So awesome. I love in the beginning when he was talking about a musicians "voice." Such true facts.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 30 2013, 11:22 PM
Instructor
Dave is so great. Thanks a lot for sharing this video Cosmin! I watched the whole thing following what he said using this link:
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/dav...20130315?page=5

to be sure that I was understanding everything. Now I have my guitar ready to start. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 31 2013, 02:56 PM
Instructor
Thanks for the continuation Gabe! Reading it right now smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 2 2013, 01:36 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Mar 31 2013, 10:56 AM) *
Thanks for the continuation Gabe! Reading it right now smile.gif

This speech keeps in my mind. It's so inspiring. I just shared it at my facebook. smile.gif

So. What do I know . . .

The Musician comes first.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JamesT
Apr 3 2013, 05:05 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Great inspirational video. I watched it twice now after your turned us on to this Cosmin.

I like the part where he says after Springsteen laughed "as if to say good f'n luck buddy" that it wasn't the first time he had heard someone say that. It's kind of subtle but really says a lot about what happens and what you have to do about it whenever you set out to do something ambitious and difficult (such as guitar or anything really). It does happen. Anything worth achieving seems to be met with so much opposition especially by people who know us well. Even your best friends will tell you it can't be done. You have to ignore all the negativity, dig down, and believe in yourself, cause no one else is going to it seems.

This post has been edited by JamesT: Apr 3 2013, 05:06 AM

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 3 2013, 08:48 AM
Instructor
True words man! I remember starting to discover the guitar back in 98 and ALL my friends telling me I'm too old for this already laugh.gif but... who listened to them? cool.gif

+Quote Post
tonyk
Apr 3 2013, 09:06 AM
GMC:er
you cant have been that old in 98

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Apr 3 2013, 09:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyk @ Apr 3 2013, 08:06 AM) *
you cant have been that old in 98

My point exactly biggrin.gif But they had another opinion smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:14 PM