Feedback Issues
Pringle
Sep 6 2009, 06:14 PM
GMC:er
I just bought a brand new POD studio GX so that I could record myself and try out the guitar rig 3 software which has been on my computer for ages. After some trouble I got it all hooked up and the only problem that I'm having is with feedback. The GX forces me to use the line out that is located in the back of it, so I have to use headphones. Though I did manage to get past this problem using a dollar store 1/4 - 1/2 converter and plugged it straight into my amps input and set my amp to its clean channel. Unlike the headphones though, my amp produces insane feedback/screeching when dealing many of the distortion settings in guitar rig. I would really prefer using speakers over headphones so I was just wondering if there is any way to reduce or get rid of the screeching. I also have computer speakers, but they are 5.1 surround so I'm not sure how i would go about connecting them. I'm a noob with the guitar --> computer stuff so any help would be appreciated smile.gif .

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 7 2009, 12:56 AM
Instructor
The stereo out on the GX is actually mean to be plugged in to your PC speakers, not the guitar amp. Since GX is now your PC's sound card, this is your sound cards stereo out for speakers. Connect the speakers and it will be OK.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Pringle
Sep 7 2009, 03:04 AM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Sep 6 2009, 07:56 PM) *
The stereo out on the GX is actually mean to be plugged in to your PC speakers, not the guitar amp. Since GX is now your PC's sound card, this is your sound cards stereo out for speakers. Connect the speakers and it will be OK.

Alright I'll try it out using my front speakers. Its just a pain having to unplug from the back and into my GX each time but definitely worth the effort. Thanks for the help.

+Quote Post
jafomatic
Sep 7 2009, 03:07 AM
QUOTE (Pringle @ Sep 6 2009, 09:04 PM) *
Its just a pain having to unplug from the back and into my GX each time but definitely worth the effort. Thanks for the help.

Why change this? The GX is a soundcard that your computer can use the whole time.

--------------------
::jafomatic

http://jafomatic.net/tunes/ <-- Here lies the master collection of my collaboration and other improvisation recordings.

+Quote Post
Pringle
Sep 7 2009, 03:41 AM
QUOTE (jafomatic @ Sep 6 2009, 10:07 PM) *
Why change this? The GX is a soundcard that your computer can use the whole time.

My speakers have 3 inputs, one for front speakers, one for back and one for the subwoofer, for the GX I will have to plug in just the front, the other 2 would have to be useless. Though you have given me an idea, and I'll try to place the GX at the back of my comp and try and put one input in the GX and the other 2 in my sound card.

Alright I just tried that and ran across an interesting situation

Good news: the front speakers can output my guitar perfectly and it sounds awesome.

Bad news: The front speakers no longer deliver sound from my comp, they only handle the guitar output. Which sounds weird to me. Also the GX volume control is hard to reach, but my speakers have its own volume control so that's no big deal.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 7 2009, 10:43 PM
Instructor
The problem is that you have surround system and GX has only stereo out. The thing with GX is that it IS a sound card, and it is used normally with stereo systems.

if you don't care about the surround system, possibly selling it and getting real audio monitors may be a good idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pringle
Sep 8 2009, 02:36 PM
I'll probably stick with my speakers, but I might have another pair of normal audio speakers lying around. I'll try and find those and get recording/practicing, thanks for the help.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 9 2009, 11:15 PM
Instructor
Sure thing mate, anytime. Let me know if you need further help with this. Cheers

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 09:56 PM