> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Tonyk's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2012, 07:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Tonyk!! Welcome to your Gab's Army thread!!

Could you please tell me a bit about you, your musical tastes, influences, strengths and weaknesses? I would need some videos of you playing rhythm and solo guitar, so please post your best material here. If you have some music or ideas of your own, also post them here. Also let me know how you think that I can help you and what are your expectations for our job. You can check the other Army's thread to discover the different modalities of this project.

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 30 2012, 08:53 AM
GMC:er
thanks Gabriel. Most of my experience to date has been in blues.Some of my favourites being SRV,Hendrix,Muddy,BB,Albert.Am beginning to get into Dream Theatre and though my "chops" arent up to it, would love to develop skills and song-writing along these lines.Would definitely like to develop ability to play/create rhythm solos ie rhythm interspersed with lead lines.technically, weaknesses are many, particularly need to get bent note vibrato more accurate, increase speed. I dont think I get the most out of my practise time, probably dont spend enough time at slow tempo fixing technical errors.Too quick to increase metronome.Will get some video to you in next few days. Thanks Tony

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2012, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Ah ok, I understand mate. Thanks for the details. I will need to see a video of you to start working but I was thinking that we could start with this lesson that incorporates some Petrucci style phrase and will make you practice Vibrato and Bending.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/guitar_loves_piano/

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 31 2012, 09:46 AM
http://youtu.be/kTlCDTsD544
Thanks Gabriel.Above vid is of some blues which shows my skills or lack of, in depth.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2012, 05:58 PM
Instructor
Interesting video mate! I like your guitar and your tone! Your timing is good, maybe you could play the blues a bit groovier. The phrases sound good over the backing, your have a good use of Pentatonics. I can note that your hands are not totally relaxed and that also that both hands need some technique training to move more fluently. We need to do some legato and alternate picking workouts. As you said earlier both your vibrato and bending could be more consistent. So, let's start working on this! smile.gif

Let's also start working on this one concentrating on the vibrato (try to emulate Jonathan's) and also on the intensity of hammerings...

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Kenny-...pherd-Phrasing/

and also on this lesson:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42825

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
tonyk
Oct 31 2012, 08:39 PM
Thanks.will get on to it

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2012, 11:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyk @ Oct 31 2012, 04:39 PM) *
Thanks.will get on to it

Great! Keep me updated! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
tonyk
Nov 9 2012, 09:46 AM
Hi Gabriel.Worked on the suggested lesson this week.Work more on this or move on?
http://youtu.be/7FYIGUwxoOk
Thanks Tony

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2012, 07:52 PM
Instructor
Good take mate. You still have to make those vibratos wider and more consistent and your bending more precise. I can also note that we have to work on some picking exercises to train both hands.

Let's start with the first 3 lessons of this course: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=42832

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
tonyk
Nov 10 2012, 10:20 AM
Hi Gab. I have a question re Kotzen Ex2. When moving to the middle set of 16th triplets on G string, do I slide first finger from C to B.I couldnt see this indicated in tab.If my question is not clear, I will send you quick vid of what I mean. Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2012, 08:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyk @ Nov 10 2012, 07:20 AM) *
Hi Gab. I have a question re Kotzen Ex2. When moving to the middle set of 16th triplets on G string, do I slide first finger from C to B.I couldnt see this indicated in tab.If my question is not clear, I will send you quick vid of what I mean. Thanks

yes, that's what you have to do.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
tonyk
Nov 21 2012, 09:26 AM
Hi Gab. Have been working on Kotzen legato for past 10 days.As you'll see from vid, Im not getting much volume from notes.I'm unsure how to get more volume without forearm/hand tension. Is there something in my hand/wrist positioning? Is it just a matter of spending hours? Should I go back to extremely slow and not increase tempo until I have good volume without any tension.? What approach do you suggest?. Sorry for the hundred questions
http://youtu.be/27ZWiC3dajA

This post has been edited by tonyk: Nov 21 2012, 09:27 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2012, 01:21 PM
Instructor
Hi tony, thanks for the video! You should practice this one at a slower tempo, and what to you have to do is to tap stronger with your left hand fingers and pull the strings stronger when you remove one finger to let the following note sound... this pull must be agressive to have a good volume in pull offs. So concentrate on this things and practice the exercises slolwly.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
tonyk
Nov 21 2012, 07:51 PM
Thanks Gab.How do I use more force but not get tension in arm?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 21 2012, 09:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyk @ Nov 21 2012, 03:51 PM) *
Thanks Gab.How do I use more force but not get tension in arm?

Well, it's normal to get a bit of tension when you play something with more aggression than you are used to... then, when you start to feel comfortable, the tension should disappear. You have to be careful, stretch your armas and fingers before starting your routine and play at comfortable tempos first. The force must be generated with your finger and tapping strongly with the tip of your fingers.

Go to the minute 3:00 of this video to see how Kotzen gets t a good sound of this type of licks:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
tonyk
Nov 22 2012, 06:53 AM
Great.Thanks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 22 2012, 03:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonyk @ Nov 22 2012, 02:53 AM) *
Great.Thanks

no problem! keep me updated! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:34 PM