Completed Pedalboard
dcz702
May 17 2014, 11:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
chain goes guitar>tuner>wah>Compressor>phaser>OD>noise gate>amp

FX LOOP SEND>Chorus>Delay>reverb>Return.
with a voodoo plus 2 power supply. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 17 2014, 11:31 PM
GMC:er
Lookin good!

Do you a 'favorite' pre-set on the Arena?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Spock
May 18 2014, 12:56 AM
Looks great man! Nice and clean set-up.

Do you feel most comfortable with your wah all the way on the left?

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 18 2014, 01:14 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (klasaine @ May 17 2014, 10:31 PM) *
Lookin good!

Do you a 'favorite' pre-set on the Arena?

I mostly use the modulated setting and spring. It's such a versatile reverb so many options but those to sound the best to me.

QUOTE (Spock @ May 17 2014, 11:56 PM) *
Looks great man! Nice and clean set-up.

Do you feel most comfortable with your wah all the way on the left?

Thanks. Feels fine on the left. It's not a big board so everything is close together. Had it on the right before my tuner moved it to left and doesn't really matter what side it's on as far as accessibility.

+Quote Post
klasaine
May 18 2014, 05:00 PM
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 17 2014, 05:14 PM) *
I mostly use the modulated setting and spring. It's such a versatile reverb so many options but those to sound the best to me.

Yeah it is a great reverb pedal!
I usually use 'Plate' and 'Church'. *I also uploaded the Sigur Ros toneprint - AWESOME!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 18 2014, 06:16 PM
Now that's a clean pedal board! smile.gif Well done. And some fine choices of pedals as well.
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 17 2014, 06:10 PM) *
chain goes guitar>tuner>wah>Compressor>phaser>OD>noise gate>amp

FX LOOP SEND>Chorus>Delay>reverb>Return.
with a voodoo plus 2 power supply. smile.gif

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 19 2014, 07:44 PM
Are you left handed (or footed ) by chance? I agree that I usually see the wahs and volume pedals usually to the right of the board. Think about it like this, if you are standing in front of your board, if you have to take a step to your left to put your right foot on the wah, your body is now not completely placed in front of the board. So if you have to quickly hit a few other pedals, you end up doing a lot of dancing. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

But if it works for you, that's great. I'm sometimes stuck having to put my pedal board off to my right side, which I've learned to work with. But I'm not jumping around too much.

Also, Comp after the wah is interesting, I would probably place it after the tuner.

QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 18 2014, 12:14 AM) *
Thanks. Feels fine on the left. It's not a big board so everything is close together. Had it on the right before my tuner moved it to left and doesn't really matter what side it's on as far as accessibility.

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 20 2014, 09:06 AM
Instructor
Good question with the Wah - I think that mine will sit on the right - I just tried playing it with my left foot and it's pretty much not comfy.

I also have the Phaser from MXR and the ISP smile.gif

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 20 2014, 10:59 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (SeeJay @ May 19 2014, 06:44 PM) *
Are you left handed (or footed ) by chance? I agree that I usually see the wahs and volume pedals usually to the right of the board. Think about it like this, if you are standing in front of your board, if you have to take a step to your left to put your right foot on the wah, your body is now not completely placed in front of the board. So if you have to quickly hit a few other pedals, you end up doing a lot of dancing. smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

But if it works for you, that's great. I'm sometimes stuck having to put my pedal board off to my right side, which I've learned to work with. But I'm not jumping around too much.

Also, Comp after the wah is interesting, I would probably place it after the tuner.

i really would like it on the right, thats where it started. but since i wanted my tuner first, it ended up on the left. doesnt really bother me. i have to stand a couple inches to the left so it doesnt feel strange using the wah, and toggeling other pedals is just a few inches away, i can see how it could be anoying if i had a large board, but realy not an issue for me. i guess i could go into the wah first then tuner since the wah is true bypass but this set up also makes my pedal board cleaner and more organized. if i got a bigger board in the future with more pedals im sure the wah will end up back on the right side. smile.gif

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 20 2014, 08:06 AM) *
Good question with the Wah - I think that mine will sit on the right - I just tried playing it with my left foot and it's pretty much not comfy.

I also have the Phaser from MXR and the ISP smile.gif

i use wah with right foot, just stand a liitle to the left of the board.
do you use your ISP at the end of your chain for the pedals that go in front of your amp? ive been reading and been told that i should place it right after guitar, but really i cant hear a differance from after the guitar compared to after my wah compressor phaser and od, everything sounds the same at with it at the end of the chain it cuts the noise my compressor and od make when there switched on, and i have no loss of sustain as far a i can tell smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 21 2014, 08:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 20 2014, 09:59 AM) *
do you use your ISP at the end of your chain for the pedals that go in front of your amp? ive been reading and been told that i should place it right after guitar, but really i cant hear a differance from after the guitar compared to after my wah compressor phaser and od, everything sounds the same at with it at the end of the chain it cuts the noise my compressor and od make when there switched on, and i have no loss of sustain as far a i can tell smile.gif

Heh! For me it's a bit more difficult because of the positioning of the mic - I sing as well and the right position in the pedalboard seems like a natural choice of placing smile.gif

In respect to the ISP - I keep mine in the back, that meaning:

Guitar, Tuner, Phaser, Booster, ISP, Amp. Both my band mates have the same approach smile.gif Now that you mention it, I never tried it the other way around, so it could be an interesting idea - will let you know as soon as I get a chance to try it.

+Quote Post
dcz702
May 21 2014, 10:31 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ May 21 2014, 07:00 AM) *
Heh! For me it's a bit more difficult because of the positioning of the mic - I sing as well and the right position in the pedalboard seems like a natural choice of placing smile.gif

In respect to the ISP - I keep mine in the back, that meaning:

Guitar, Tuner, Phaser, Booster, ISP, Amp. Both my band mates have the same approach smile.gif Now that you mention it, I never tried it the other way around, so it could be an interesting idea - will let you know as soon as I get a chance to try it.

I could see how being in front of the mic would require standing centered over your pedal board. Currently I'm not playing with others. When I do I'll see how it works out in a band situation.
The isp i just thought made scence at the very end like you and your bandmates. Kills my noisy pedals and no loos of tone or sustain as far as I can tell, so why put it in front of pedals like phaser and OD that creates extra noise. I'm curious as to others thoughts on this. smile.gif

This post has been edited by dcz702: May 21 2014, 10:32 AM

+Quote Post
SeeJay
May 22 2014, 04:45 AM
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 20 2014, 09:59 AM) *
i really would like it on the right, thats where it started. but since i wanted my tuner first, it ended up on the left.

Just because a certain pedal comes first in your chain doesn't mean it has to be in in a certain placement on your board. That's what longer patch cables are for. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Rock and Roll Lover. Vintage Ampeg collector. Soon to be new father.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
May 22 2014, 09:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dcz702 @ May 21 2014, 09:31 AM) *
I could see how being in front of the mic would require standing centered over your pedal board. Currently I'm not playing with others. When I do I'll see how it works out in a band situation.
The isp i just thought made scence at the very end like you and your bandmates. Kills my noisy pedals and no loos of tone or sustain as far as I can tell, so why put it in front of pedals like phaser and OD that creates extra noise. I'm curious as to others thoughts on this. smile.gif

Well, for me it was clearly a matter of how I can make things work onstage and so far, it's the best setup for me biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:29 AM