Greetings!
NoSkill
Jan 31 2007, 05:00 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Folks,

New member here. For a little background, I've been playing guitar since I was 8 years old. In the last 32 years, I've managed to improve very little. I've gone from practicing a few hours a day, to not playing for three years, to practicing again. I've studied with internet courses, self directed study, one on one guitar teacher and trying to emulate my brother who plays very well. Not only do I possess no talent for guitar, I also have no aptitude. I went from being a bad guitar player, to being referred to as a guitar owner. I love Stratocasters and have 4 US guitars that I enjoy looking at. I bought a US Jackson because a friend of mine plays his so well. This guitar looks very nice too. rolleyes.gif

My hope at guitarmasterclass is to get the "bug" and see if I can look at things from a new perspective. I have studied guitar theory until I can write a book on it. I know music theory from college and hours of self study. I understand modal playing and pentatonic playing.

I can pick pretty fast, but I can't coordinate right and left hand movement. I can "hear" solo's to backing tracks, but when I pick up the guitar my brain goes soft and I lose feel and sense. I can move around then entire neck playing patterns and scales and then I turn on a backing track and I can't find an open E.

I remain optimistic that at some point I'm going to find motivation to get to that next plateau. The one where you play songs and enjoy the instrument.

Favorite quote from a jam session with a friend in college, "You sound like you're playing scales!" "I am." "Oh."

Cheers!

NoSkill from Canada!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Still looking for my soul mate, guitar.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Jan 31 2007, 06:21 AM
GMC:er
haha funny quote laugh.gif anyways welcome

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:25 AM