Melodic Tapping Lesson, to touch, or not to touch?
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 2 2008, 09:10 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I have a question according to end of 1st part of Melodic tapping lesson - there is a slide with tapping hand from tapping on 9 fret on 12 fret.

Yet I have small problem there - if I do not mute the other strings, they ring, whenever I tap. But when I mute them, I must slide my hand from 9 to 12 fret - and that slide produces noise:( Lifting the hand and moving it 3 frets up doesnt help me too, because the strings make noise from lifting the hand - and in that speed it is not easy (impossible IMO) to lift hand that carefully, to not ring the other strings at all...

Any help appreciated

Jakub "Phoenix" Luptovec

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Muris Varajic
Jan 3 2008, 04:08 AM
Instructor
Is that Jeff's lesson??

He had to leave if I'm right,sadly sad.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Jan 3 2008, 07:26 AM
GMC:er
Jeff's tapping lessons are cool smile.gif

I've never had this problem, maybe turn the distortion down a bit?

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Jakub Luptovec
Jan 3 2008, 03:25 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I would turn it down, but I have Digitech Death metal pedal:-D There is no distortion knob... there is just pure f........ b*a* distortion, permanently on 11 degrees out of 10:-D
I figured it out this morning, that if I played that without distortion, I was doing fine, once I stomp on stompbox, it was a bit of issue:-D

But I found a way to tap not too hard, to ring other strings:-D Tx for answers guys:)

PS: Yeah, his lessons were great:( Too bad he left:(

--------------------
my youtube account with riffs and ideas: https://www.youtube.com/user/Phoenygzus

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:52 PM