2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Steeler Hot On Your Heels, With Yngwie
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 4 2009, 09:40 PM
GMC:er
I'm coming here to give you all the universal truth, the thing that makes all things make sense, the one, the only............

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 16 2009, 03:11 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
83' I believe, remember this one? I was just starting to reach "that stage" in my life and loved this tune, as pretty much all the material off the album...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 16 2009, 11:28 AM
Instructor
These are from 80's. I used to love this style and still makes me happy when I hear it

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Koopid
Aug 16 2009, 12:07 PM
Learning Roadie
Accept! One of my alltime favorite bands, UDO rocks smile.gif

I saw UDO this summer actually, he was still great!

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Aug 4 2009, 01:33 PM) *
You can't have an 80's thread without a bit of pure 'Cock Rock'!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Amp
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
Marshall 1960A cab
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM Snow White
Jackson SLSMG
Takamine EG320C
Bass
Epiphone Thunderbird Goth Bass
Effects/Stomps
Boss SD1
Boss MT2 Metalzone
Dunlop Zack Wylde Wah
Behringer BEQ700 Equalizer
Harley Benton PT-100 stagetuner
Studio EQ
PodXT Live
Edirol FA 66 soundcard
Yamaha HS50M monitors
Macbook pro

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 16 2009, 04:35 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Aug 16 2009, 06:28 AM) *
These are from 80's. I used to love this style and still makes me happy when I hear it

Firehouse! Now that brings back some memories. The band moved here to Charlotte, NC and I remember seeing them playing small clubs when they were called White Heat. Was actually two bands if I recall that merged and formed Firehouse.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2009, 07:06 PM
Instructor
Thank you for all this amazing videos! I had that Steleer album in cassette. It has a label that said "Yngwie at the age of 17". I'm amazed of the fact that Yngwie shows all the skills that made him famous as a guitar hero in this track. It's not imposible to play this at the age of 17 if you start to play the guitar young.. but he was inventing the neoclassical metal style. Killer!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Aug 16 2009, 07:11 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (skennington @ Aug 16 2009, 04:35 PM) *
Firehouse! Now that brings back some memories. The band moved here to Charlotte, NC and I remember seeing them playing small clubs when they were called White Heat. Was actually two bands if I recall that merged and formed Firehouse.

Don't know about that history but I know that Firehouse was on charts and very very popular band. I still enjoy their great music smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Aug 18 2009, 02:37 AM
GMC:er
When I was young, I was terribly metalhead who hated those glam and hard rock bands. Now I love them!!. It's strange how it works, isn't it?

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 29 2009, 04:02 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
OK, this video is just a few years before the 80's but this band still had a huge impact back then on Rock!

I thought this was a good find smile.gif

Sorry laugh.gif And another! biggrin.gif

Well the Wheel in the Sky kicks butt right? smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Aug 29 2009, 04:30 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 29 2009, 04:36 AM
Awesome memories there Jeff! Let me take you back with this one...

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Aug 29 2009, 05:33 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Man that does bring back some memories bro!

Being a big Red Neck from these parts this became one of my favorites. smile.gif biggrin.gif

Enjoy, Good Night smile.gif

Well maybe one more, but that's it! laugh.gif smile.gif

This one means a lot to me.

Sorry for another post but this was one of my favorites and it took a while to find a good clip, Enjoy! smile.gif

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
JamesT
Aug 29 2009, 07:08 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Does anybody remember these guys?...
It's a little pre-80s, but well,...

--------------------

Check out my YouTube Channel

+Quote Post
Staffy
Aug 29 2009, 07:49 AM
Learning Tone Master
This is a cool thread! I've been round the hard rock scene since I got my first record (actually it was a tape that mother gave me when we was on holiday, Deep Purple, Made In Japan... Yeah, Im THAT old...*lol*)
Anyway, all of us had heard Deep Purple, but I'm not sure that the younger players remember this guy.
He sure had a lot off impact to players that came after him, like Yngwie & the others. In the beginning of the eighties there was Van Halen, Gary Moore, Michael Schenker, Rainbow and maybe a couple of others. Then around 83/84 a new wave of hard-rock came that went out into metal instead. At least as I remember it.

The record that has a huge impact on me from that time was "Assault Attack", which I still have, but probably is worn out...... Michael Schenker was (and is) a great melodic player and was a member of UFO in the seventies before forming his own band with Gary Barden & Cozy Powell from Rainbow. Enjoy !

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Aug 29 2009, 01:08 PM
Jazz Instructor
Love that acoustic part!

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 29 2009, 02:54 PM
Awesome stuff guys!! Heard this one this morning on the way back from getting breakfast, from 78 or 79 I believe...This one always gets me going!

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 13 2009, 05:45 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
It's time to bump this thread!

So, here you go! cool.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Sep 13 2009, 05:53 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Sep 13 2009, 06:26 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
And another! tongue.gif smile.gif cool.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOetaP5fIIQ...feature=channel

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Sep 13 2009, 07:01 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 13 2009, 03:16 PM
And another one... I've always thought this band was a little underrated, certainly not the best but I felt they were better than they got credit for.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:04 PM