2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Appetite For Destruction, Guns N' Roses
FretDancer69
Jun 17 2007, 07:58 PM
GMC:er
Appetite For Destruction

Guns N' Roses

Album Picture:

This album was GNR's debut album(1987). I cant stress enough how good this album is, Every song rocks, the vocals and everything is great!

Track Listing

1. Welcome To The Jungle*
2. It's So Easy
3. Nightrain
4. Out Ta Get Me
5. Mr. Brownstone
6. Paradise City*
7. My Michelle
8. Think About You*
9. Sweet Child O' Mine*
10. You're Crazy*
11. Anything Goes
12. Rocket Queen

*: My Favorite Songs from the album.

If you never heard of this Album or any song from here (which i doubt), i recomend you get it! Its still great looking back in the Old Great Days of music.

If you need more info. regarding this Album, you can visit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Destruction

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Jun 17 2007, 07:59 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 17 2007, 08:06 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 17 2007, 03:58 PM) *
Appetite For Destruction

Guns N' Roses

Album Picture:

This album was GNR's debut album(1987). I cant stress enough how good this album is, Every song rocks, the vocals and everything is great!

Track Listing

1. Welcome To The Jungle*
2. It's So Easy
3. Nightrain
4. Out Ta Get Me
5. Mr. Brownstone
6. Paradise City*
7. My Michelle
8. Think About You*
9. Sweet Child O' Mine*
10. You're Crazy*
11. Anything Goes
12. Rocket Queen

*: My Favorite Songs from the album.

If you never heard of this Album or any song from here (which i doubt), i recomend you get it! Its still great looking back in the Old Great Days of music.

If you need more info. regarding this Album, you can visit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Destruction

Definatley one of the best albums of all time IMHO. Rocket queen would be my fave on that album along with the ones you mentioned. The whole album is a work of art though. However I like the acoustic version of Your Crazy on the "Lies Lies Lies" album better than the original on Appetite.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jun 17 2007, 08:06 PM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 17 2007, 08:09 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 17 2007, 01:06 PM) *
Definatley one of the best albums of all time IMHO. Rocket queen would be my fave on that album along with the ones you mentioned. The whole album is a work of art though. However I like the acoustic version of Your Crazy on the "Lies Lies Lies" album better than the original on Appetite.

yea it is indeed a work of art. I see you like Rocket Queen (hehe laugh.gif ), its a great song, very funny too laugh.gif . Also, the acoustic version of Your Crazy is really good too. Another great acoustic song (not from this album) would be Patience; idk if you've listened to it, if not, i recommend that song! its great!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 17 2007, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Every song rocks! You said it!! This is for my one of the best rock albums of all time. It's incredible that it was the first album of a band... It has too many excelent rock songs to be a debut album.

gab.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 17 2007, 08:20 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 17 2007, 01:17 PM) *
Every song rocks! You said it!! This is for my one of the best rock albums of all time. It's incredible that it was the first album of a band... It has too many excelent rock songs to be a debut album.

gab.-

yea, can you imagine! A Legendary Debut Album, thats a great way to start your musical career! wink.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 17 2007, 08:30 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 17 2007, 04:09 PM) *
yea it is indeed a work of art. I see you like Rocket Queen (hehe laugh.gif ), its a great song, very funny too laugh.gif . Also, the acoustic version of Your Crazy is really good too. Another great acoustic song (not from this album) would be Patience; idk if you've listened to it, if not, i recommend that song! its great!

Oh I'm very familiar with GNR..one of my favorites. I have all their albums....even The Spagetti Incident that tells ya I'm a true fan laugh.gif I was 10 when Appetite came out so I grew up listening to GNR. Axel and the boys have been a huge part of my life...most memories I have, have a GNR soundtrack attached. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by rokchik: Jun 18 2007, 12:28 AM

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 17 2007, 09:16 PM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 17 2007, 01:30 PM) *
Oh I'm very familiar with GNR..one of my favorites. I have all their albums....even The Spagetti Incident that tells ya I'm a true fan laugh.gif I was 10 when Appetite came out so I grew up listening to GNR. Axel and the boys have been a huge part of my life...most memories of have, have a GNR soundtrack attached. biggrin.gif

wow, i wish i had started listening to GNR instead of rap and all that when i was like 10, like you did. I started listening to them like 1 year ago sad.gif , anyways how old are you?

Slash was my first inspiration when i first picked up the guitar, i dont really play much GNR right now, but my improvisation is very Slashy biggrin.gif . Ill have a GNR soundtrack attached soon!

--------------------

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jun 18 2007, 12:40 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 17 2007, 05:16 PM) *
wow, i wish i had started listening to GNR instead of rap and all that when i was like 10, like you did. I started listening to them like 1 year ago sad.gif , anyways how old are you?

I just turned 30.
Back when GNR came out I was big into metal and all the 80's power ballad bands...I know I'm not really proud of that. (Poison and Cinderella rock though) I was listening mostly to Metallica, GNR, Anthrax and Megadeath with a bit of Iron Maiden for good measure. the 90's hit and Hip Hop took over my life right up until 2 yrs ago when I started playing guitar. Now I've gone back to the 90's as RATM is pretty much all I listen to now. (But RATM has a lot of hip hop influence) It all goes in cycles. I still listen to a bit of hip hop but just not as much. Rap now a days is as someone else put it verbal vomit for the most part.

Just be happy you've discovered one of the best bands ever in GNR!

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 18 2007, 04:14 AM
QUOTE (rokchik @ Jun 17 2007, 05:40 PM) *
I just turned 30.
Back when GNR came out I was big into metal and all the 80's power ballad bands...I know I'm not really proud of that. (Poison and Cinderella rock though) I was listening mostly to Metallica, GNR, Anthrax and Megadeath with a bit of Iron Maiden for good measure. the 90's hit and Hip Hop took over my life right up until 2 yrs ago when I started playing guitar. Now I've gone back to the 90's as RATM is pretty much all I listen to now. (But RATM has a lot of hip hop influence) It all goes in cycles. I still listen to a bit of hip hop but just not as much. Rap now a days is as someone else put it verbal vomit for the most part.

Just be happy you've discovered one of the best bands ever in GNR!

oh, i thought u were 16/17 lol, well good thing you picked up the guitar, for me, its the best thing thats ever happened to me...and strange thing is, i didnt picked up the guitar because i was amazed by someone else or anything of sort.

Also, ive heard that Steven Adler wanted a reunion with all the former band members, and i heard that Izzy was Ok with it, what do u guys think?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben C
Jun 24 2007, 08:20 PM
Well I know Slash said he wouldn't mind doing a couple shows, and i'm sure Duff would be for it too... so that only leaves Axl.

but then again i'm sure Axl would do it for the publicity so it could happen...

This post has been edited by Ben C: Jun 24 2007, 08:21 PM

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jun 25 2007, 01:16 AM
QUOTE (Ben C @ Jun 24 2007, 03:20 PM) *
Well I know Slash said he wouldn't mind doing a couple shows, and i'm sure Duff would be for it too... so that only leaves Axl.
but then again i'm sure Axl would do it for the publicity so it could happen...

realy... i saw a show and slash said that no matter how much money he got he would never play with axl again

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jun 25 2007, 01:21 AM
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Jun 24 2007, 06:16 PM) *
realy... i saw a show and slash said that no matter how much money he got he would never play with axl again

hmm well, i read that Slash said that whenever Axl was ready to make a Rock N Roll album he was gonna be there. But i dont know...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sircraigery
Jul 2 2007, 05:49 AM
I've been listening to this album since I was in grade 4 (one of the older kids let me have a copy of it on the bus, since my mom wouldn't buy it for me....and yes i mean cassette).

One of the few albums you can just hit play and like every song. It never gets old.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez Prestige RG2610E [BKP Cold Sweat]
Ibanez Prestige RG2550E [Carbon Fiber Plastics]
Ibanez Roadstar II RS-135 [Stock]
Quest Acoustic [Stock]

Effects:
Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Boss DR-3 Dr. Rhythym

Amp:
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401

'Only the dead have seen the end of the war.' - Plato

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 2 2007, 05:52 AM
One of my all time favorites.

Dont quite know how many times if danced to Welcome in the Jungle in m boxers though ? ohmy.gif laugh.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 2 2007, 07:55 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 1 2007, 10:52 PM) *
One of my all time favorites.
Dont quite know how many times if danced to Welcome in the Jungle in m boxers though ? ohmy.gif laugh.gif
- John

lol! laugh.gif must be alot!!! laugh.gif You should start keeping track from now on, just like with the Metronome! Lets Keep Track of our progress! wink.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
ClifordACDC
Jul 3 2007, 01:12 AM
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Jun 24 2007, 08:21 PM) *
hmm well, i read that Slash said that whenever Axl was ready to make a Rock N Roll album he was gonna be there. But i dont know...

... maybe at the time of that show he was mad at axl for some reason, you know when rocks stars have fueds they are on and off one day they hate each other then in a week it starts again like dave mustaine and metallica...

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/cliffordacdc

my gear: epiphone sg special, Marshall mg100dfx, digitech df-7 distortion factory

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 3 2007, 01:19 AM
ha ha Ill post vids wink.gif

- John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Jul 3 2007, 02:28 AM
QUOTE (ClifordACDC @ Jul 2 2007, 06:12 PM) *
... maybe at the time of that show he was mad at axl for some reason, you know when rocks stars have fueds they are on and off one day they hate each other then in a week it starts again like dave mustaine and metallica...

yea thats true, well hope ALL the GNR band members can reunite again! it would be the event of the year!

ha ha Ill post vids

Hehe we'll be waiting! biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 3 2007, 11:25 PM
Lets face it.....Axl Rose is nothing more then a big baby with a tad bit of talent , care to argue anyone ? smile.gif

-John

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
rokchik
Jul 4 2007, 12:09 AM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 3 2007, 07:25 PM) *
Lets face it.....Axl Rose is nothing more then a big baby with a tad bit of talent , care to argue anyone ? smile.gif
-John

What's to argue...

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:08 AM