> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

What To Do To Make It Sound Warmner And Fuller?
SensE
Nov 10 2008, 12:35 AM
GMC:er
Gabriel:

I just recorded 1 Lead guitar, 2 doubling rhythm guitar and 1 drum track. I'm new to mixing and mastering. I would like to know what should I do next to make this track sounds good assume that it is done?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  metal1.wav ( 2.06MB ) Number of downloads: 881

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 11 2008, 05:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SensE @ Nov 9 2008, 08:35 PM) *
Gabriel:

I just recorded 1 Lead guitar, 2 doubling rhythm guitar and 1 drum track. I'm new to mixing and mastering. I would like to know what should I do next to make this track sounds good assume that it is done?

The recording is ok. Now you should equalizae your guitars. I suggest you make to "eliminate" with a curve all the frequencies below 200 hz and add some dbs at 1500 hz (with a wide Q to make the eq softer). I use Nuendo's channel EQs for this. Then you could add some compression to your guitars to let you put them a bit louder in the mix without problem. (I like Waves Compressors).

When you have the final mix I think that Izotope Ozone is the best choice to work but It's also a complex tool because it combines EQ, Compresors, Multiband Compresors, Harmonic Exiters, Reverb etc... but you could start with some presets and then try changing some parameters.
If you don't have this plugin you can use Waves Multimaximizer.

Ok, I hope that it helps you. Let me know if you have more questions.

Post here your final mix when you have it.

Gabriel.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
SensE
Nov 28 2008, 09:31 PM
GMC:er
Thank you, Gabriel.

I added the equalizer excatly like what you said. This equalization helps lowering the picking noise and adding some trebles to the lead. For compressor, I don't know what to do as of now. I adore the sounds from your lesson. For rhythm and lead, what kind of preset do you use? How many doubling , pan and volume did u tweak to the lesson at GMC? I still have too many unclear questions in my mind and do not know where should I start.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 1 2008, 02:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SensE @ Nov 28 2008, 05:31 PM) *
Thank you, Gabriel.

I added the equalizer excatly like what you said. This equalization helps lowering the picking noise and adding some trebles to the lead. For compressor, I don't know what to do as of now. I adore the sounds from your lesson. For rhythm and lead, what kind of preset do you use? How many doubling , pan and volume did u tweak to the lesson at GMC? I still have too many unclear questions in my mind and do not know where should I start.

Great to hear that this eq works for you. wink.gif I think that you should now investigate the compressor possibilities. I used waves comps which have good presets to start for every instrument. Choose the guitar preset and then try changing some parameters until you get the sound that you want. (Sometimes the preset works ok but very often it doesn't).
I always use compressor in rhythm and lead guitars.

About doubling.... Bassically I record two guitars playing exactly the same and then I pan them. I do this with the rhythms and with the riffing guitars. I never do it with the solos. (However you could try this).

Sometimes I also add a bit of reverb. I usually use any Waves Trueverb or Rverb in the rhythm guitars and delay in the lead guitar.

What other question do you have?

Gabriel.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 07:23 PM