Has Anyone Used A Sik Pik Before?
Palacios
Mar 13 2014, 11:30 PM
Learning Roadie
I've been playing around with these sik piks, and they're actually pretty cool. It it a lot easier to hold than a traditional pic.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Palacios: Mar 13 2014, 11:31 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 13 2014, 11:33 PM
GMC:er
Good review vid!! Well produced and well played smile.gif The first thing I thought of was TWISTED VONHOTCH PICKS!!! smile.gif I wonder if those would work?

QUOTE (Palacios @ Mar 13 2014, 06:30 PM) *
I've been playing around with these sik piks, and they're actually pretty cool. It it a lot easier to hold than a traditional pic.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 14 2014, 09:17 AM
Learning Tone Master

It's the first time when I see something like this ohmy.gif I'm curious to try it. Looks interesting and weird smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 14 2014, 12:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
I've seen these before and was a bit curious, but I'm soooo attached to my Jazz III's that I'm struggling to even get used to Von Hotchs.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Hexabuzz
Mar 14 2014, 03:26 PM
If you like Jazz III, but want something with a grip, you might want to try Dava Jazz Grips. Similar shape and material, but also with a thicker, rubberized grip area. They also make them in other materials. I really like them. Oh, and not expensive at all!

http://www.davapick.com/

This post has been edited by Hexabuzz: Mar 14 2014, 03:27 PM

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 14 2014, 03:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Mar 14 2014, 03:26 PM) *
If you like Jazz III, but want something with a grip, you might want to try Dava Jazz Grips. Similar shape and material, but also with a thicker, rubberized grip area. They also make them in other materials. I really like them. Oh, and not expensive at all!

Uuuuh, interesting! I'll check it out!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 14 2014, 06:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 14 2014, 06:04 AM) *
I've seen these before and was a bit curious, but I'm soooo attached to my Jazz III's that I'm struggling to even get used to Von Hotchs.

I'm with you man, I love my Jazz III's. It's hard for me to pick up another pick and play with it.

I'm not sure I really like the Sik Pik. It just seems like an attempt that really doesn't hit the mark. The video review really solidified this idea for me. Being that your strumming hand has to be as far away from the strings as the reviewers is just doesn't seem comfortable to me.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 15 2014, 05:26 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 14 2014, 10:34 AM) *
I'm with you man, I love my Jazz III's. It's hard for me to pick up another pick and play with it.

I'm not sure I really like the Sik Pik. It just seems like an attempt that really doesn't hit the mark. The video review really solidified this idea for me. Being that your strumming hand has to be as far away from the strings as the reviewers is just doesn't seem comfortable to me.

Where did you get those Jazz pics?

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2014, 05:58 AM
QUOTE (Palacios @ Mar 14 2014, 11:26 PM) *
Where did you get those Jazz pics?

Most guitar shops that I've ever been too carry them. I've bought them from musiciansfriend.com and local stores.

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Mar 15 2014, 07:40 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Hexabuzz @ Mar 14 2014, 06:26 AM) *

I love my Jazz III's. The only drawback is they sometimes can get a bit slippery with sweaty hands. So will definitely look into those Dava Jazz Grips. Thanks Hex! smile.gif
Those twisted picks are kind of wild, A pick with the angle built right in. Not sure if I could get into those but it is an interesting concept , Thanks Trey!

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 15 2014, 02:57 PM
Learning Roadie
For me the sik pik has been helpful because the regular picks slip out of my right hand. Then again I'm very new to using a pick; I come from a classical guitar background and we just grow our right hand nails long. It has been helpful for me, but you defiantly need to get the correct angle pick. The Jazz pick seems neat to. I'm defiantly gonna try it. being that picks are such a small investment; it certainly couldn't hurt to try. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Palacios: Mar 15 2014, 02:58 PM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 15 2014, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Interesting but I wouldn't trade my VH picks for nothing right now smile.gif I only use thin plastic picks when playing funk or acoustic strumming. For everything else, there's VH biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 15 2014, 04:05 PM
QUOTE (Palacios @ Mar 15 2014, 08:57 AM) *
For me the sik pik has been helpful because the regular picks slip out of my right hand. Then again I'm very new to using a pick; I come from a classical guitar background and we just grow our right hand nails long. It has been helpful for me, but you defiantly need to get the correct angle pick. The Jazz pick seems neat to. I'm defiantly gonna try it. being that picks are such a small investment; it certainly couldn't hurt to try. smile.gif

The thing I love about my Jazz III picks are that they are so small. A lot of shred guitarists have stated in interviews that they love them because they help with speed and accuracy. They also don't feel so bulky. It's definitely worth the try man!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 16 2014, 10:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (TreyDeschamp @ Mar 15 2014, 03:05 PM) *
The thing I love about my Jazz III picks are that they are so small. A lot of shred guitarists have stated in interviews that they love them because they help with speed and accuracy. They also don't feel so bulky. It's definitely worth the try man!

Those feel a bit too small for me smile.gif I have pretty large hands and I always get the feeling of losing those picks in my hand smile.gif

+Quote Post
Mertay
Mar 16 2014, 11:46 AM
After I saw that pick, tried melting a jazzIII with the same angle and it sucked smile.gif

I have 2 versions of speedpicks but they're angled the opposite. They're very good at hiding picking noise and loud acoustically.

--------------------

+Quote Post
dark_dude
Mar 16 2014, 12:18 PM
Aye, have both the yellow and red Dava picks and they're really nice. Alternate between those and my max grip (use these if the regular ones slip) jazz iii's. Look into the Jazz iii XL and/or Petrucci signature if they're too small for you.

No experience with Sik Piks, though.

--------------------
*Ibanez 2550E Prestige
*LTD EC-1000
*Squier bullet
----
*Roland Cube 30W
----
*Line 6 Pod Studio GX
My Practice Agenda

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:39 AM