Requst For Lesson, strap up your surfguitar!
mhskeide
Jul 3 2009, 09:02 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
I don`t know If there have been any request about this before, but now here`s one at least. I didn`t figure out any particular instructor to ask, so I just posted it here.

My request is a lesson about surf guitar, and while we`re at it, why not make it a "in the style of" Dick Dale lesson biggrin.gif ?

I think a surf lesson would have been a great addition to the site`s already enourmous amount of different genres, since it`s a pretty awesome style and quite demanding techniqual as well (especially for the right hand).

Anyone up for the assignment smile.gif ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Staffy
Jul 3 2009, 09:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Good idea! And at the same time, can someone learn us to surf??? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace

+Quote Post
Jesse
Jul 3 2009, 09:31 PM
GMC:er
I could:P

--------------------
Don't just play it. Feel it!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jul 4 2009, 02:35 AM
I want to learn how to surf too!!. Hahaha. Nice request mhskeide!. I'll try to do something soon. I don't promise anything, but I'll try to do something that you can easily learn. If another instructor wants to do this lesson, I'll just let you the place.

+Quote Post
mhskeide
Jul 4 2009, 04:47 PM
Accomplished Tone Guru
QUOTE (Santiago Diaz Garces @ Jul 4 2009, 03:35 AM) *
I want to learn how to surf too!!. Hahaha. Nice request mhskeide!. I'll try to do something soon. I don't promise anything, but I'll try to do something that you can easily learn. If another instructor wants to do this lesson, I'll just let you the place.

It doesn`t necessarily need to be "too easy", I would like a challenge :-)
I imagine a lesson f.i including things like how the chord progression is and some nice techniques to fit in.

You see, me and a pal started a surf band this week, and its not a particularly big problem to cover something like hava negilah (needs some serious practising on the tremolopicking version though which is the original), but I`m veru unsure about where to begin when writing our own surf music.

Thanks for giving it a shot Santiago biggrin.gif

--------------------
Take your music seriously, but not yourself

+Quote Post
Ivan Zecic
Jul 4 2009, 11:11 PM
oh, it can be pretty hard to play!

--------------------
Check out my lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 5 2009, 12:17 AM
Instructor
That would be pretty cool, I like his stuff, could do it. Thanks for the recommendation! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 03:05 AM