4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Winding Roads
g-forcelover
Feb 24 2008, 12:38 AM
GMC:er
wow. this solo has a ton of tecniques. im learning to sweep now, and speedpick just for this solo (and a bit of michael angelo batio tongue.gif) any tips for the first super-fast tapping lick?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Feb 24 2008, 10:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Feb 24 2008, 12:38 AM) *
wow. this solo has a ton of tecniques. im learning to sweep now, and speedpick just for this solo (and a bit of michael angelo batio tongue.gif) any tips for the first super-fast tapping lick?

Thanks g-force!

I'm not sure what super-fast tapping lick you mean unsure.gif
but a standard tip for all licks is to - practice slow! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Feb 24 2008, 09:35 PM
well, my first update. i got only some of it down though (the beginning lick is too hard. for now) so, here it is. if it dons't work, tell me

This post has been edited by g-forcelover: Feb 24 2008, 09:35 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Movie.wmv ( 865.55K ) Number of downloads: 200

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 1 2008, 09:19 PM
Instructor
Sorry Erik! I missed your upload last week!!

You didn't even miss one note! Great job! smile.gif
It sounds a bit sloppy though, so practice slow until it's perfect and then increase the speed with few bpm.

Oh, also I'd like to hear some vibrato in there smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Mar 1 2008, 09:26 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Mar 1 2008, 03:19 PM) *
Sorry Erik! I missed your upload last week!!

You didn't even miss one note! Great job! smile.gif
It sounds a bit sloppy though, so practice slow until it's perfect and then increase the speed with few bpm.

Oh, also I'd like to hear some vibrato in there smile.gif

yeah, the sloppyness. im not that good, so video 4 was like, impossible for me at the beginning. i made some progress, so i'll post it in a bit.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 3 2008, 10:20 AM
Instructor
Cool! smile.gif looking forward to see your next vid!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Mar 8 2008, 10:02 PM
yay!!!! i got a full tab to the song!!!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 9 2008, 06:36 PM
Marcus i'm not a very fast plater so i was wondering if you would recommend starting this now and eventually working up the speed on all the licks overtime or wait until i've improved?

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 9 2008, 06:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Mar 8 2008, 09:02 PM) *
yay!!!! i got a full tab to the song!!!!!!

Could I see it? smile.gif

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
steve25
Mar 9 2008, 10:31 PM
Id like to as well smile.gif. I've been listening to this track again on your myspace page Marcus, it really is a saucey track where can i download it from again?

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 10 2008, 08:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (steve25 @ Mar 9 2008, 06:36 PM) *
Marcus i'm not a very fast plater so i was wondering if you would recommend starting this now and eventually working up the speed on all the licks overtime or wait until i've improved?

Good question Steve!

Well, I actually think both ways are fine. But of course, if you wait until you have improved it will be much easier and you probably won't give up. However, I think it's perfectly ok to start now and play the licks in a speed that's comfortable for you, and increase the speed bit by bit. As long as you don't lose the motivation (for sure it's frustrating to play at half speed for 3 month and not be able to speed it up).

Also, if there's a lick you just cant play right now, then It's definitely ok to make an easier version of that lick, imo. Just improvise something, and then go back and try the original lick in a few weeks wink.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
seagull
Mar 11 2008, 02:20 PM
Hey Marcus.

I recorded this lesson as well, as I at last sat down and memorized the tab tongue.gif. Sound quality isn't great at all, but it's the best I can do untill I get a Pod XT or something.
I recorded the full speed version, and therefore the shred part in the end and the sweep-tap-lick are a bit sloppy, but let me know what you think. My muting and timing might also need some slight adjusting tongue.gif

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Winding_Roads___Seagull.mp3 ( 718.8K ) Number of downloads: 135

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 11 2008, 03:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (seagull @ Mar 11 2008, 02:20 PM) *
Hey Marcus.

I recorded this lesson as well, as I at last sat down and memorized the tab tongue.gif. Sound quality isn't great at all, but it's the best I can do untill I get a Pod XT or something.
I recorded the full speed version, and therefore the shred part in the end and the sweep-tap-lick are a bit sloppy, but let me know what you think. My muting and timing might also need some slight adjusting tongue.gif

Wohoo! Cool biggrin.gif

I’m listening on a small PC speaker now, but from what I hear you definitely have potential to play this solo at full speed! You miss few notes on some of the licks, - but that’s ok. Few timing mistakes as well, but that’s not very disturbing to me either. Just keep on practicing and you’ll get there. You’ve come a long way already! And you nailed the blues lick pretty much perfect! Great job! smile.gif

What I’m missing a lot in your playing is the vibrato, and control over the pitch on the bends.
You do have a small vibrato, but I'd like to hear it wider and more controlled. I recommend you work on the vibrato and bends lessons.

I’d love to see you develop here, so please keep me updated! wink.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 11 2008, 04:14 PM
Learning Rock Star
Marcus, is there anywhere we can get the tab for the entire song? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 11 2008, 05:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Mar 11 2008, 04:14 PM) *
Marcus, is there anywhere we can get the tab for the entire song? smile.gif

Yes! smile.gif

But I got so many projects running now that I find it hard to keep up! sad.gif
The tabs are are on my "to do list"... just bare with me!

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 11 2008, 05:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (lavendell @ Mar 11 2008, 04:08 PM) *
Yes! smile.gif

But I got so many projects running now that I find it hard to keep up! sad.gif
The tabs are are on my "to do list"... just bare with me!

I can wait smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
seagull
Mar 11 2008, 05:11 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Mar 11 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Wohoo! Cool biggrin.gif

I’m listening on a small PC speaker now, but from what I hear you definitely have potential to play this solo at full speed! You miss few notes on some of the licks, - but that’s ok. Few timing mistakes as well, but that’s not very disturbing to me either. Just keep on practicing and you’ll get there. You’ve come a long way already! And you nailed the blues lick pretty much perfect! Great job! smile.gif

What I’m missing a lot in your playing is the vibrato, and control over the pitch on the bends.
You do have a small vibrato, but I'd like to hear it wider and more controlled. I recommend you work on the vibrato and bends lessons.

I’d love to see you develop here, so please keep me updated! wink.gif

-Marcus

Funny you'd mention those flaws, because thats practically the same errors I found myself while listening to the recording. smile.gif
I need to work on getting enough control to use my vibrato better, cuz' I've actually practiced it quite a bit. tongue.gif
I need to get the timing straight and work more on my muting. But I've never had pitch problems, the problem with this recording was that my guitar is usually tuned in standard tuning, and I probably didn't get it perfectly in Eb tuning.
But thanks a bunch for the feedback, it is really encouraging! smile.gif

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Mar 11 2008, 11:09 PM
if you would like the full tab, pm me after i ask marcus if im allowed to give it! (anyone can ask i hope)

This post has been edited by g-forcelover: Mar 11 2008, 11:11 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Mar 12 2008, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Mar 11 2008, 11:09 PM) *
if you would like the full tab, pm me after i ask marcus if im allowed to give it! (anyone can ask i hope)

Did you make tabs for the whole song g-force, and learned it by ear!? ohmy.gif huh.gif Amazing! biggrin.gif
You definitely have my permission to share those tabs with anyone you like!

If you want you can upload it in this thread. That would have been awesome! biggrin.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Pizzoaro
Mar 13 2008, 07:31 AM
I wonder, How do You make your lessons marcus? smile.gif

I wanna make a lesson about Killswitch Engage style, and i got the riffss, but i dont know where to start?
Like.. How?

Thnx

--------------------
"Never give up!"

My Youtube

Check out pictures of my band here ---> Bandpictures! Remember to leave a comment!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 06:27 PM