> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Beginner Bending Workout, Lesson By Darius Wave
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
6 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

Anese
Nov 24 2016, 01:57 AM
Learning Roadie
Original lesson: Beginner Bending Workout by Darius Wave

Hello hope youd enjoy this one and I want to thank all of you for your time and help you've been offering me through out this forum THANK YOU!!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Nov 24 2016, 10:39 AM
Instructor
Hey there!

First of all thanx for choosing my lesson.

Good news is...your sense of intonation is very good. You are able to hear little pitch mismatch and fix it while you have already bent the note. You only need to work on the pitch of 0:39 part. You need to bend just a little more to make those two notes be both in just the right right pitch.

While using guitars with floyd rose type of bridge, bending one string always affects the pitch of all other strings. Sometimes it's worth to rethink additional tools like hipshot tremsetter. They make the "point zero" of floyd more stiff, and this makes you able to keep the pitch of rest of the strings while bending. Also it does not affects the use of whammy bar, aside from making the first push/press just a little harder. You can also try to make it the easy way and add one more spring in the back of tremolo, and set the bridge up for a new string tension. It also prevents strings from going far from the right picth, while you bend one string. That's an additional tip worth considering

At 1:09 pitch of that note went too high. Make sure it was an intonation of your guitar problem, or the way finger has been pressing the string.

Also - you've added some vibrato and pick stroked notes that are not in the lesson. In the part startting around 0:24 you should levae all bend releases without picking notes while there go to full release.

In general you have a descent timing, clean execution and nice control of single notes bends. Things to work out are mostly bends with additional string being played at the same time (second half of the lesson)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 24 2016, 02:28 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese,

Congrats on this take! I think that your bending is getting really precise and that you are very close to be able to play a flawless version of this one.

I can say that most of your bends are reaching the correct pitch, and that the few that aren't, are VERY close so you are completely on track with this lesson and technique. The double stop bends don't good, and the reason is what Darius said about the floyd rose tremolo which you need to solve.

Regarding the little bending adjustment needed, you can also put some attention to your vibrato technique which sometimes is not consistent, and other times is a bit weak, and there is also some room to give attention to timing, and then dynamics.

By the way, I could follow your recent progress and I can say that it's very impressive man, congrats again!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Nov 30 2016, 04:10 PM
Instructor
Hi there man, this is a really good take of this lesson. I would say that overall your bending technique is really strong and largely accurate. There were a few moments where the bends were either slightly under or slightly over but it was only by a tiny amount each time that it occurred.

Darius has pointed out some areas where you're doing it a bit differently so I won't repeat them but I'll also add my agreement in regards to the unison bends and the double stop bend at the end. These generally sound just a little bit flat. Not massively flat but just enough to notice.

Good work!

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 2 2016, 11:02 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Almost there, 5.7

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:03 AM