Perfect Take, Forgot To Press Record..
David.C.Bond
Mar 22 2013, 05:33 PM
GMC:er
Doh!

Does everyone else do this too or is it just me? biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 22 2013, 05:34 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
It's happened to me before and it'll take me about 20 more times to get it right again!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Mar 22 2013, 05:34 PM
Experienced Rock Star
It happens to everyone but, than again, you practice it one more time at least laugh.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 22 2013, 06:49 PM
GMC:er
Yeah, pretty normal, lol!

A long time ago (80s) I had the exact opposite happen. I was 'working out' a solo for a track on an old Fostex (cassette) porta studio - you had to have it in record to practice with the track if you were going direct (I was using an ADA pre-amp then). It was my first pass and just as I was ready to do the real one the writer comes running out of the bathroom yelling, "THAT'S THE ONE!". It was an 8 bar solo that I had to play live every show for the next 18 months.
Trust me - it wasn't the one.

+Quote Post
leonard478
Mar 22 2013, 08:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Been there, we should all write a blues about that biggrin.gif

QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Mar 22 2013, 04:33 PM) *
Doh!

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 22 2013, 09:05 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (David.C.Bond @ Mar 22 2013, 05:33 PM) *
Doh!

I hit record everytime I have reaper open, I have found that many times I did not think I was ready, end up being some of my better takes
yes this does lead to a lot of clutter I have to erase later dry.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 22 2013, 11:47 PM
Instructor
ha ha! Shit happens smile.gif I was recording some of impro over the backing track and...when i had my best take ...I saw the disk space ended smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 24 2013, 06:04 PM
Instructor
hahaha very known story... mad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Mar 24 2013, 06:20 PM
Instructor
There is also opposite problem....You have an "I suck day" and someone is recording it biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Mar 25 2013, 10:08 AM
Instructor
Oh... the 'I suck day' - there are some days when I feel like I can't tie two notes together. But then again, that great take comes when you least expect it, so place a big poster saying 'Push the REC button and THEN, run for your life' laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 06:58 PM