> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
E Pentatonic Creation
richgrafx
Aug 27 2007, 06:31 AM
GMC:er
After learning your Pentatonic Rock lesson, I thought I would try to compose something in E Pentatonic. It's short and not too sweet but it's a start.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by richgrafx: Sep 3 2007, 06:27 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  EPent_rich_03d.mp3 ( 1.01MB ) Number of downloads: 548

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2007, 06:36 AM
Learning Roadie
Sounds really good! I like your riff, it reminds me of like a bruce springsteen thing or something. Maybe the lead part is a little too loud, but I really like it.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Aug 27 2007, 06:39 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 27 2007, 01:36 AM) *
Sounds really good! I like your riff, it reminds me of like a bruce springsteen thing or something. Maybe the lead part is a little too loud, but I really like it.

My recording skills are extremely lacking. I am going to lower the volume on the lead and repost. Thanks for the advice.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2007, 09:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Aug 27 2007, 02:39 AM) *
My recording skills are extremely lacking. I am going to lower the volume on the lead and repost. Thanks for the advice.

Great job! Please upload the new mix and I tell you some tips about this idea.

gabriel.-

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Aug 27 2007, 09:46 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2007, 04:41 AM) *
Great job! Please upload the new mix and I tell you some tips about this idea.

gabriel.-

Hey Gabriel. I actually already posted the revised version. I just replaced the first version that I posted.

I am currently using a Line6 Toneport to connect my quitar into Acid Pro. I have no concept of mixing and mastering.

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2007, 10:02 AM
Learning Roadie
Sounds better to me! Not to be nitpicky but you were slightly off beat at one point in the intro, which is a pretty important part tongue.gif It's a cool riff though.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Aug 27 2007, 11:15 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Aug 27 2007, 05:02 AM) *
Sounds better to me! Not to be nitpicky but you were slightly off beat at one point in the intro, which is a pretty important part tongue.gif It's a cool riff though.

The pickier the better. I just did version 3 and replaced my first post. Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

I am hoping that Gabriel is going to give me some tips on composition and recording. His lessons are the main reason that I joined this site and I must say that it was money well spent.

+Quote Post
kahall
Aug 27 2007, 11:27 AM
Learning Roadie
Since it is better than I am able to play at this point, I have no advice, but I like it. And I did listen to the first one earlier and the last one does sound more polished. I would go ahead and finish it.

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
JVM
Aug 27 2007, 11:43 AM
Learning Roadie
It sounds better every time smile.gif

What it really needs is some bass now.

This post has been edited by JVM: Aug 27 2007, 11:44 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2007, 04:10 AM
Instructor
I really like the intro riff! I think that it would sound better if you add 3 points to the tempo (just a suggestion smile.gif )

Well, I think that you should continue this idea and create a song!

gabriel.-

pd: What mic and soft are you using to record it? The lead guitar seams to has been recorded directly conected from the amp to line in.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Aug 30 2007, 01:24 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2007, 11:10 PM) *
I really like the intro riff! I think that it would sound better if you add 3 points to the tempo (just a suggestion smile.gif )

Well, I think that you should continue this idea and create a song!

gabriel.-

pd: What mic and soft are you using to record it? The lead guitar seams to has been recorded directly conected from the amp to line in.

I use a Line6 Toneport to connect my quitar via usb into Line6 Gearbox (mic/amp sim). I record using Acid Pro.

I will rerecord with your recommended faster tempo and I will use a different Gearbox sim for the solo.

Concerning creating a song, do you have a suggested chord progression that you feel would work as a chorus or bridge?

Thanks for your time,
Rich

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 30 2007, 02:40 AM
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Aug 30 2007, 02:24 AM) *
I use a Line6 Toneport to connect my quitar via usb into Line6 Gearbox (mic/amp sim). I record using Acid Pro.

I will rerecord with your recommended faster tempo and I will use a different Gearbox sim for the solo.

Concerning creating a song, do you have a suggested chord progression that you feel would work as a chorus or bridge?

Thanks for your time,
Rich

I have a suggestion for a chord progression for the chorus, rather simple but it should work smile.gif, basiclly it's C, D, Em, G(all In power chord form)

Ok now I got a diffrent suggestion for the chorus. I think it's better, so it's B, A, B, E, B, A, B, E(but an octave higher), and avecourse all basic power chords.

This post has been edited by Iluha: Aug 30 2007, 02:50 AM

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Aug 30 2007, 06:56 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 29 2007, 09:40 PM) *
I have a suggestion for a chord progression for the chorus, rather simple but it should work smile.gif, basiclly it's C, D, Em, G(all In power chord form)

Ok now I got a diffrent suggestion for the chorus. I think it's better, so it's B, A, B, E, B, A, B, E(but an octave higher), and avecourse all basic power chords.

I like the BABE progression but when I tried to make it fit in with the existing I found myself making a slight change. I am posting a mp3 of my midi file with the new arrangement before I rerecord. Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the response.

This post has been edited by richgrafx: Aug 30 2007, 10:30 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  midi_EmPent_rev14.mp3 ( 913.37K ) Number of downloads: 281

+Quote Post
JVM
Sep 2 2007, 04:23 AM
Learning Roadie
Are you still going to record this?

--------------------

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Sep 2 2007, 10:44 AM
QUOTE (JVM @ Sep 1 2007, 11:23 PM) *
Are you still going to record this?

It's been a bad week. Had a coworker pass away this week and the funeral was today. Finally sat down tonight to record and within 5 minutes I pop my A string. blink.gif Now I just spent 20 minutes looking through my junk and I have no strings on hand. mad.gif I will reload and try again tomorrow if the guitar shop here is open on sunday.

+Quote Post
Nick325
Sep 2 2007, 10:51 AM
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Sep 2 2007, 05:44 AM) *
It's been a bad week. Had a coworker pass away this week and the funeral was today.

sorry to hear that sad.gif

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Sep 2 2007, 11:15 AM
QUOTE (Nick325 @ Sep 2 2007, 05:51 AM) *
sorry to hear that sad.gif

Thanks Nick. She was a brutally honest person and a hard worker. She treated everyone with respect and everyone respected her. As per her request, the funeral was a celebration of life. It was her parting gift.

+Quote Post
symon
Sep 2 2007, 11:18 AM
wow i really like this tune very catchy maybe you could dedicate it to your co worker to celebrate her glorious life
sending you love and light symon

This post has been edited by symon: Sep 2 2007, 11:20 AM

+Quote Post
richgrafx
Sep 2 2007, 11:26 AM
Thanks Symon, that is an excellent idea. My only concern is that the piece does not do her justice.

+Quote Post
symon
Sep 2 2007, 07:12 PM
QUOTE (richgrafx @ Sep 2 2007, 08:26 PM) *
Thanks Symon, that is an excellent idea. My only concern is that the piece does not do her justice.

i am sure that when you are finished it will
love and light symon

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:53 AM