bending, bending description
lee
Feb 23 2007, 12:59 AM
GMC:er
could someone please explain to me the difference between
bending a note half step and a whole step

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Pavel
Feb 23 2007, 01:16 AM
Instructor
That means this:

If you have to bend HALF-STEP - it means you must bend it to get the sound of the note if you just fretted a half step from your base note.

So for example if you have a G and you have to bend HALF-STEP it means you have to bend it to G#. If you have a whole-step bend - bend it to A.

If you don't know what should it sound like - well - fret a half-step higher from G and then try to bend G to get the same note.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Iscariott
Feb 23 2007, 01:57 AM
QUOTE (lee @ Feb 22 2007, 06:59 PM) *
could someone please explain to me the difference between
bending a note half step and a whole step

To go with what pavel said, try bending in front of your guitar tuner. If your ear isnt quite perfect(and mine definitely isnt!) the tuner will show you exactly how far each of those bends are.

+Quote Post
lee
Feb 23 2007, 06:07 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Feb 22 2007, 07:16 PM) *
That means this:

If you have to bend HALF-STEP - it means you must bend it to get the sound of the note if you just fretted a half step from your base note.

So for example if you have a G and you have to bend HALF-STEP it means you have to bend it to G#. If you have a whole-step bend - bend it to A.

If you don't know what should it sound like - well - fret a half-step higher from G and then try to bend G to get the same note.

Thanks pavel.........

QUOTE (Iscariott @ Feb 22 2007, 07:57 PM) *
To go with what pavel said, try bending in front of your guitar tuner. If your ear isnt quite perfect(and mine definitely isnt!) the tuner will show you exactly how far each of those bends are.

Thanks iscariott

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:50 PM