Help!, How to use this lick??
empan
Jun 21 2011, 02:49 PM
Learning Roadie
I have a problem!
I have learned this lesson https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/ballad...f_eric_johnson/
But the lick in video 3, i don´t know how to use it in my own improvisation (key or chord)
Can anyone help me so i can use this cool lick?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 21 2011, 03:06 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
It works pretty well when you play an E chord and change to an A chord towards the end of the lick (when you the G string on the 2 fret).

Hope this is what you wanted to know.

Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Jun 21 2011, 07:27 PM
Instructor
You're in the key of E Major here, so you can play the lick over all the chords from the E Major scale :

E / F#m / G#m / A / B / C#m / D#mb5

But just pay attention to replace the C note in the last bar (G string / 5th fret) by a C# (6th fret)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 21 2011, 10:08 PM
Instructor
Easiest way to use this lick in your improvising is to follow the stong notes of the chords. The lick is starting and finishing on A note. The lesson says it follows E major key.

Since you have notes from E major key featured in the lick, it's best to stick to E major key chords

E, F#m, G#m, A, B, C#m D#dim

The lick is starting and finishing on A, so this means you can use it effectively over A major chord, but other chords from this key like F#m and D#dim have A note featured as strong note too, so you can possibly use the lick on those too.

Also, you can alter the landing note to any other note from the key, and it will work over that particular chord.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:26 PM