Andy Summers
macseamus
Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM
GMC:er
Hi All, i got myself a well bashed-up rock-n-rolled fret worn mexican 2000 strat the other day in a flea market, and i was checking out some of the sounds with NI Guitar Rig. wow.. never new a guitar could sound like that. I don't know if the pickups have been changed from the originals on this mexican guitar, it does have the treble bleed mod on the volume and also a hum killer coil, that works great in the mid-bridge position. but i digress..

I found a nice sound, really plucky, almost twangy, with a little tremelo and delay and some of that psyche delay octave thing and I found myself palm muting and I thought - that'd sound great with "Every breath you take", so i did a quick search on GMC and then for a tab on the net. I was surprised how easy it is to play, although i would need a lot more practice to attempt to sing it at the same time.

Now I know Andy Summers is not known for playing strats, but he is certainly one of those guitarists that stands out in history for playing his own style. - but not a single "in the style of" lesson here on GMC!!

cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- macseamus   Andy Summers   Sep 21 2009, 04:54 PM
- - Santiago Diaz Garces   You ask for, you have it!. Haha   Sep 22 2009, 05:51 AM
nnn
nnn

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:20 AM