What To Get Next
KRmachine
Aug 30 2007, 07:22 PM
GMC:er
Ok guys, I'm not really sure what to buy next, and I could need some input.

Last year I put myself in debt and bought a nice guitar, an Ibanez SZ prestige (1500+ dollar guitar), which I am insanely happy with. I'm done with the last payment next month and was thinking I'd get something to complement it.
Right now I'm playing on a 10 year old 40W Marshall valvestate combo, which works for practicing at home but it really doesn't sound good. This fall I'm going to find a band to practice and gig with, and thus I need something That works for that.

I'm thinking of getting either of these

1) A really good amp like a h&k switchblade, i tried one out yesterday and was blown away. This would mean I could barely afford food for the next 6-12 months.

2) A Pod XT Live plus a good soundcard and a pair of monitors, as this would be good for recording stuff at home too.

3) If you have a good suggestion it may very well end up here.

My main issue is: If I get a Pod XT Live, how would it work out for rehearsing/gigging? Is there always PA or equivalent available or would I have to get some kind of amp for this one too? Or am I looking at entirely the wrong stuff here and should get something else?

Thanks in advance dudes.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by KRmachine: Aug 30 2007, 07:23 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:53 AM