11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Smells Like Winter Video Collab, Instructor/students Video Collaboration
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 27 2013, 07:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am definitely joining as well!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 27 2013, 10:47 PM
Instructor
Alright gentlemen! Welcome aboard!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Renan
Dec 28 2013, 06:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey , I remember my REC take at this backtrack. This is so good smile.gif
It'll be a great collab ! I'm in !

This post has been edited by Renan: Dec 28 2013, 06:55 PM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 28 2013, 10:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Great to have you in guys! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Doug Lane
Dec 29 2013, 02:34 AM
GMC:er
okay guys, I know I said that I'd be waiting to post mine for a while, but the method turned out to be more efficient than I ever could have imagined. I have owned a YouRock guitar for quite a while, and I picked it back up when I went home on holiday. The result was that I can now use samples and keyboard patches on a guitar! Please enjoy my entry: Wintertune +the Doug Lane Orchestra! Video will be coming soon. as well as audio files.
https://soundcloud.com/doug-lane/winer-tune-doug-lane-orchestra

Also, I'd like to let the instructors know that they are welcome to use all of my additional instruments to the backing track on anyones take if it will help with the overall presentation of the finished product. I wanted to make this entry more about enhancing what was already there than just shredding over another track.

This post has been edited by Doug Lane: Dec 29 2013, 03:10 AM

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 29 2013, 10:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Dec 29 2013, 02:34 AM) *
okay guys, I know I said that I'd be waiting to post mine for a while, but the method turned out to be more efficient than I ever could have imagined. I have owned a YouRock guitar for quite a while, and I picked it back up when I went home on holiday. The result was that I can now use samples and keyboard patches on a guitar! Please enjoy my entry: Wintertune +the Doug Lane Orchestra! Video will be coming soon. as well as audio files.

Also, I'd like to let the instructors know that they are welcome to use all of my additional instruments to the backing track on anyones take if it will help with the overall presentation of the finished product. I wanted to make this entry more about enhancing what was already there than just shredding over another track.

Whoahaha! Amazing biggrin.gif The instruments and especially the vocals at the end are awesome! It gives the whole thing a tribal feeling, if I may say so! smile.gif I mean, who would've thought? And the themes played with the guitar are great as well! Looks like Christmas came with inspiration - great work man!

QUOTE (Renan @ Dec 28 2013, 06:55 PM) *
Hey , I remember my REC take at this backtrack. This is so good smile.gif
It'll be a great collab ! I'm in !

Welcome aboard!

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Dec 29 2013, 01:34 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
This will be my contribution:
Attached File  winter.mp3 ( 1016.25K ) Number of downloads: 279

I is not really original but oh well biggrin.gif First thing that comes to my mind about winter smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Dec 29 2013, 02:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Dec 25 2013, 04:47 PM) *
I'm in! This ist my first collab!

Awesome! Your takes in REC zone were always descent - also in the case of video and audio quality. This will be awesome add for the collab. Happy You decided to join smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 30 2013, 11:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 29 2013, 01:34 PM) *

I is not really original but oh well biggrin.gif First thing that comes to my mind about winter smile.gif

Hey mate smile.gif I like the tone! Just take care to articulate all the notes nicely as this sort of tone shows every dynamic change in your playing wink.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 30 2013, 10:33 PM
*poof* Well hello ladies and djents!

Kind of up in the air on this. I know some people would love for me to give this a go. wink.gif

I love the backing, have a small jam I did today. But I can't like it myself minus the ending in your face feel. The rest needs work, but I just can't get anything better with that tone. I'm thinking back the highs down, toss some more mids on it, maybe increase the bass a bit more then cut in the EQ of the DAW, then have some reverb on it to lengthen the notes so they string better together to give it more of a voice to it instead of the robotic sound it has with that tight tone I have. But hey anything can happen! Also forces me to go buy a camera stand to record! But anyways here is my sad attempt at an improvisation.

https://soundcloud.com/spasemoonkey/hate-winters-testing

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 31 2013, 12:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Doug Lane @ Dec 28 2013, 10:34 PM) *

Wou mate!! I'm impressed! Your work over this backing is superb. I like each sound that you added to this one. It took a new dimension and I'm sure that we will use this tracks to embellish the whole track. This will also inspired everybody to come up with original ideas.

Thanks a lot mate! smile.gif

QUOTE (Opetholic @ Dec 29 2013, 09:34 AM) *

This is a very tasty take! I feel winter in your music, even having close to 40 grades centigrade here in Argentina. biggrin.gif

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 30 2013, 06:33 PM) *

Kind of up in the air on this. I know some people would love for me to give this a go. wink.gif

I love the backing, have a small jam I did today. But I can't like it myself minus the ending in your face feel. The rest needs work, but I just can't get anything better with that tone. I'm thinking back the highs down, toss some more mids on it, maybe increase the bass a bit more then cut in the EQ of the DAW, then have some reverb on it to lengthen the notes so they string better together to give it more of a voice to it instead of the robotic sound it has with that tight tone I have. But hey anything can happen! Also forces me to go buy a camera stand to record! But anyways here is my sad attempt at an improvisation.

Nice playing mate. As you said, there are some parts more defined and some other that need more work. Save the parts that you like more, the ones that are more defined and interesting and work on new ideas for the other parts. Take your time to build the solo. smile.gif

Regarding the EQ, I don't hear it bad, maybe if you do those adjustments subtly would be ok, but I don't think that it's something dramatic. I would add some delay to the take.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 31 2013, 12:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 30 2013, 09:33 PM) *

Helllo Travis! Welcome to the boat matey! I agree with Gabe and I will suggest the following to take his idea a bit further - jam each day and try to find small ideas which in time will be put together and build your solo - it's not necessary to build the whole improvisation in one shot. You have time to write music and I totally encourage that smile.gif About the cam - if you can't get one so soon, why not send some pics of you? It works just as well wink.gif

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 31 2013, 02:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
here is my idea i'm workin on.

grtzz tim[attachment=35125:Winter_c...visation.wmv]

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 31 2013, 02:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (tflava @ Dec 31 2013, 02:50 PM) *
here is my idea i'm workin on.

grtzz tim[attachment=35125:Winter_c...visation.wmv]

Looks like you have deleted the attachment - please upload it again.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Timmez
Dec 31 2013, 03:50 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
[attachment=35126:winter_c...abs_full.wav]

[attachment=35127:Winter_c...visation.wmv]

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Dec 31 2013, 07:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi all, would love to be a part of this collab but here are my main two issues because I am very tech stupid at times and two of my goals this year are, 1. being in a collab and 2, how do you Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz and render one track containing both solo and backing track in mp3 format?? I know how to record a video with backing track and would love to be able to figure out the other part, its ok to laugh at me smile.gif but these things drive me crazy that I cant figure it out, I also have a soundcloud account which I don't get how to put on here, any help would be awesome and sorry to bug you all with this. Thank you

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Dec 31 2013, 08:43 PM
QUOTE (Hajduk @ Dec 31 2013, 01:30 PM) *
Hi all, would love to be a part of this collab but here are my main two issues because I am very tech stupid at times and two of my goals this year are, 1. being in a collab and 2, how do you Render one track containing your recording only - 16 bit wave file 44,1 kHz and render one track containing both solo and backing track in mp3 format?? I know how to record a video with backing track and would love to be able to figure out the other part, its ok to laugh at me smile.gif but these things drive me crazy that I cant figure it out, I also have a soundcloud account which I don't get how to put on here, any help would be awesome and sorry to bug you all with this. Thank you

Lets see here my good sir! cool.gif

If you have a DAW (Logic, Cubase, Reaper, ECT).

Just toss the background track in a track. Then have an open track so you can click record. Get that jazz laid down like pow!

For me when I tell it to render the project, it asks what output I wish to save as. That's where you'd tell it that you want to create a 44.1kHz 16-bit file to a wave. Then go back and render another project track from the one you are working on with the backtrack muted so it gives you a solo. So an example in the file name could be. "Smell_Like_Winter_Full.wav" then the other maybe as "Smells_Like_Winter_Solo.wav" so you have them split. Then you can head on over to soundcloud tell it to upload a track, just make sure the file is set to downloadable so that they can take it from the site. Rinse and repeat with the other file.

Then sit back and enjoy the great music you enjoyed!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Hajduk
Jan 1 2014, 06:58 AM
Learning Rock Star
Thank you smile.gif Will give it a try.

--------------------
Tomislav

+Quote Post
Beat Zbinden
Jan 1 2014, 04:58 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
This is my idea.
Not yet perfect 100%.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Collab.mp3 ( 503.49K ) Number of downloads: 173

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 1 2014, 06:01 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Beat Zbinden @ Jan 1 2014, 03:58 PM) *
This is my idea.
Not yet perfect 100%.

Hey mate smile.gif Thank you for the take, I think you nailed a very interesting theme based on Piotr's ideas wink.gif I would only focus a bit on the pitches of the notes as they just a wee around the actual notes you were aiming for!

QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Dec 31 2013, 07:43 PM) *
Lets see here my good sir! cool.gif

If you have a DAW (Logic, Cubase, Reaper, ECT).

Just toss the background track in a track. Then have an open track so you can click record. Get that jazz laid down like pow!

For me when I tell it to render the project, it asks what output I wish to save as. That's where you'd tell it that you want to create a 44.1kHz 16-bit file to a wave. Then go back and render another project track from the one you are working on with the backtrack muted so it gives you a solo. So an example in the file name could be. "Smell_Like_Winter_Full.wav" then the other maybe as "Smells_Like_Winter_Solo.wav" so you have them split. Then you can head on over to soundcloud tell it to upload a track, just make sure the file is set to downloadable so that they can take it from the site. Rinse and repeat with the other file.

Then sit back and enjoy the great music you enjoyed!

Thanks for the great explanations man smile.gif Let's see if Tom brings in a take and if we can help him out further smile.gif

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 11:16 PM