Few Ideas Thrown Together, video
enlo22
Oct 18 2013, 10:54 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl3EVXzPuXU

hey guys i made a new video, I did a few mistakes but overall I'm satisfied with it, I hope that I can get some mixing tips because i'm terrible at itlol, I hope you enjoy, mostly it's ideas thrown together.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 19 2013, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Mate - this sounds like a very nice piece, but for starting out on the suggestions - I can't quite hear any bass smile.gif In respect to mixing tips, Darius is by far one of the most experienced people here, so let's wait on his input as well

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 19 2013, 10:48 AM
Instructor
Hey man! Nice job - nice guitar tone and killer riffing! I think there are some moments of constant speed, muted picking that needs some work with precission but overall (You already know) it's really nice job

As for the mixing - there is no bass recred or I just don't hear it. It very good to start with finding good balance between bass drum and bass guitar. Guitars sound good but drums are hidden and the bass drum has too much body (130 to 250 I guess in this case) - it's just too boomy. Also they could be more organic. Cybals are almost invisible. Cymals add some extra power (You know the open hihat china, crash support the power of the guitars and we the mix lacks of them, then we feel overall power desreasement.

If You want we can start individual workout on this mix in my instructors mentoring section. It's too much to write just in a few posts. It needs detailed analyzis and improvements step by step. I can help You If You want.

You can check out Sam's thread with similar kind of "step by step" help smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49616

He had mixed drums from his friend but there are some usefull bass drum vs bass mixing tips.

We can make similar workout with Your mix. Let my know wink.gif

+Quote Post
enlo22
Oct 21 2013, 05:32 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 19 2013, 09:48 AM) *
Hey man! Nice job - nice guitar tone and killer riffing! I think there are some moments of constant speed, muted picking that needs some work with precission but overall (You already know) it's really nice job

As for the mixing - there is no bass recred or I just don't hear it. It very good to start with finding good balance between bass drum and bass guitar. Guitars sound good but drums are hidden and the bass drum has too much body (130 to 250 I guess in this case) - it's just too boomy. Also they could be more organic. Cybals are almost invisible. Cymals add some extra power (You know the open hihat china, crash support the power of the guitars and we the mix lacks of them, then we feel overall power desreasement.

If You want we can start individual workout on this mix in my instructors mentoring section. It's too much to write just in a few posts. It needs detailed analyzis and improvements step by step. I can help You If You want.

You can check out Sam's thread with similar kind of "step by step" help smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=49616

He had mixed drums from his friend but there are some usefull bass drum vs bass mixing tips.

We can make similar workout with Your mix. Let my know wink.gif

yes no bass recorded at all haha, i wish!! i had a bass, is there any vst thing i can maybe use without having a bass? like a plugin? and what is the 130 - 250 thing :/ i'm lost haha, I can't figure how to mix drums at all with ez drummer, i know the ez mixer and taking each drum to its own track but mixing it i'm just so bad at it.. :/
and question: is one of the reasons i feel my tracks sound "hollow" or not as boomy in a good way because there's no bass?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2013, 08:13 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 21 2013, 01:32 PM) *
yes no bass recorded at all haha, i wish!! i had a bass, is there any vst thing i can maybe use without having a bass? like a plugin? and what is the 130 - 250 thing :/ i'm lost haha, I can't figure how to mix drums at all with ez drummer, i know the ez mixer and taking each drum to its own track but mixing it i'm just so bad at it.. :/
and question: is one of the reasons i feel my tracks sound "hollow" or not as boomy in a good way because there's no bass?

This is a very cool composition mate. I think that you have to follow Darius comments to improve the drums and obviously record a bass to make this sound like a band.

For bass, I recommend you Trillian VST which is the best one that I've ever tried. It has very realistic sounds, many different basses and techniques, and goes from pop, metal to electro and industrial.

For mixing the EZdrummer sounds, you have to set it as multi-track in order to have each sound sent to a different audio channel from your raw. Then you can process and add effect to each channel. I use Cubase for this so I can post here some print screens if it helps you.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 21 2013, 09:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (enlo22 @ Oct 21 2013, 04:32 PM) *

Bass is a must. As for the drums from whole toontrack packs they are - a little processed with some EQ and compression already but still left very natural (not all packs! - DFH is processed as hell). It obvious because it's the user who will decide of the whole mix tone. Some people make vintage rock and want to have far and full drums sound. But...in the music that You play the drums are usually scooped. So I would rather say they are not missing anything....they just have to much of the body (muddy mid rande and "high lows")

As I sad this kind of mixing help need individual help. I tell You something, You do it, I check if we understand well If You do it ok we go to the next step etc. Otherwise You will hear tons of advices and trying to get them at the same time will make You probably just more confused wink.gif

+Quote Post
klasaine
Oct 22 2013, 03:58 AM
GMC:er
It's a good start but working with the other permutations of 1-2-3-4 is fundamental to building real independence.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 22 2013, 09:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (klasaine @ Oct 22 2013, 02:58 AM) *
It's a good start but working with the other permutations of 1-2-3-4 is fundamental to building real independence.

Hey Ken - I think this was supposed to go into bleez's thread - am I right? biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:24 PM