Ramirez 125 Anos., Another classical guitar I just bought.
Gilmore
Oct 3 2009, 10:32 AM
GMC:er
Hi

Just reeived this guitar yesterday from Thomann.de. It´s a high end student/studio model, and has soldid ceder top, and the rest of the guitar is all solid wood as well. Price payed about 1450 €.

It´s an Anniversary model celebrating Ramirez Guitars 125th birthday in 2007, but the guitar will only me made from 2007 - 2012. Mine is no. 1395. They have another Anniversary model, but only 125 guitars made, and the price for those are about 21.000 €, but that´s a top level professional concert guitar.

The guitar came with no case, just a plastic bag and a thin carboard box. It was a little bit shocking to receive it like this, I felt like I was getting a cheap 150 $ guitar. But these spanish guitars usually don´t come in a case from the factory, not even the most expensive ones. If you buy from the USA they include a Humicase, but then you have to pay more. But I can always buy a case later, if I need it.

But when I took the icecold guitar from it´s plastic bag, I was not disapointed. The guitar is beautiful and I can´t see any flaws with it. The only thing I was not happy with, is that the rosette was a bit duller than on the pictures I´ve seen. The leaves should have been green, but are dull brown instead. But that´s a minor issue, it´s still beautiful.

The guitar is very comfortible to play, the action and intonation are perfect, but the strings on it were not great and strung badly. But the sound is great and with new strings it will sound even better. It sounds and plays alot better than my current M. Rodriguez I bought recently.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 3 2009, 10:58 AM
Sweet!!! I bet it sounds wonderful!!!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 3 2009, 02:13 PM
Instructor
Wow, very nice piece man, congratulations. I agree that this kind of guitar should come with the case.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Fran
Oct 3 2009, 02:42 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Sweet spanish guitar mate, I'm sure it sounds so good. Enjoy!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
jdriver
Oct 3 2009, 10:18 PM
Looks heirloom quality, what a beauty. I hope you will upload some sounds from it after you've gotten used to it and it has warmed up! (Cold guitar, plastic bag, warm room, ouch.) wub.gif

--------------------
"I dreamed a lot when I was younger..
I'm older now but still I hunger
For some understanding.
There's no understanding, now.
Was there ever?

...Joe Puerta (Ambrosia)...

Finally got a YouTube page going.

+Quote Post
Gilmore
Oct 3 2009, 10:29 PM
QUOTE (jdriver @ Oct 3 2009, 11:18 PM) *
Looks heirloom quality, what a beauty. I hope you will upload some sounds from it after you've gotten used to it and it has warmed up! (Cold guitar, plastic bag, warm room, ouch.) wub.gif

I will record something when I will get the chance, but it´s hard to find a time to record with an open mic, when people are around in the house.

Ouch!!.... was just how I felt when I opened the box...hehe. But the guitar was in great shape, no damage or anything, and it plays great now with the new strings I put on it. Plus it smells so nice, just like an old cigar box. smile.gif

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Gibson SG 61´ Reissue, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2008 OW RW) , Fender Standard American Stratocaster (2003 2TSB MPL), Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Warmoth Telecaster (BlueBurst), Warmoth Custom (CherryBurst).
Accoustic Guitars: Ovation Custom Legend, Ovation Legend (12 string), Martin 000-15M.
Classical Guitars: Jose Ramirez 125 Ano (Cedar), Manuel Rodriguez Model D (Spruce).
Bass: Ibanez SRX500.
Keyboard: M-Audio Keystation 88es.
Recording interface: Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS.

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Oct 4 2009, 03:06 AM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
Very nice guitar mate smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jmguitar64
Oct 4 2009, 05:29 AM
very nice

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Oct 4 2009, 12:32 PM
QUOTE (Gilmore @ Oct 3 2009, 10:29 PM) *
Plus it smells so nice, just like an old cigar box. smile.gif

My Asturias does too!!!

In fact, I don't even play it anymore, I just smell it!!!
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:36 AM