Question
dreadlocks
Mar 17 2008, 03:12 PM
GMC:er
my friend gave me some distortion effect(i think) he found. probably owned by his brother, but for now its mine
i'll upload a picture of it so you can tell me all the information about it
like ... where to plug it ? :S ( there are 3 holes in, out and a tiny one )
do i need distortion effect if i already got one in my amp ?
maybe i can sell it ?
and i think i need more cabels :| ive got one (3 holes )
Attached Image
dreadlocks(yotam)smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 17 2008, 03:16 PM
Guitar, cable to IN of pedal, cable from OUT of pedal to Amp. Simple and you can have distortion as well as amp distortion sure.

So you need 2 cables

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by OrganisedConfusion: Mar 17 2008, 03:17 PM

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 17 2008, 03:17 PM
The tiny one will be for a power supply so you don't need batteries.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 17 2008, 03:17 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Don't know anything about this one..But it looks vintage wink.gif There should be a battery compartment somewhere..3 holes represent : on the right where it says IN you should plug a cable coming from your guitar to that hole smile.gif On the left side you should plug in another cable and go with it to your amps input..That 3rd tiny hole is for power supply (9v I guess)..You need to power the pedal in order for it to work..Either you plug your power supply there or you find a battery compartment which houses 9v brick battery..You don't need a distortion pedal because amps distortion is generally better..But you can experiment with this pedal to push it even more , or to use as a solo boost..I don't think its worth selling.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dreadlocks
Mar 17 2008, 03:31 PM
thx guys
you answerd all my questions smile.gif
and cabel? expensive ?

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 17 2008, 03:45 PM
QUOTE (dreadlocks @ Mar 17 2008, 02:31 PM) *
thx guys
and cabel? expensive ?

Not really to be honest. Under £10 ($20) for a cheap one.

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 17 2008, 05:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (dreadlocks @ Mar 17 2008, 03:31 PM) *
thx guys
and cabel? expensive ?

Not expensive , you should anyway have one as a backup wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 17 2008, 09:43 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Actually many people mix the amps distortion with an additional distortion pedal, I did this myself when I was still using my old Marshall. The old JCM 800 heads didn't really have enough distortion so I used an Ibanez Tubescreamer with it to get my sound.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 18 2008, 07:32 PM
Instructor
Hey Marcus sorry for the off topic, but since you played JCM800 and playing Mesa now can you do some some comparisons of these two amps. Thanks! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Mar 18 2008, 08:53 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
Well, back then I wanted a Marshall, it was just THE metal amp tongue.gif It was a normal 50 Watts JCM 800 with master volume, no extras, no nothing, a very basic amp. As I said above I had to use a Tubescreamer with that Marshall since the old Marshalls form that time didn't have as much distortion as I wanted, this was way before those Highgain monsters that you can buy today, the distortion had maybe AC/DC level. Something that I always found funny about Marshalls is that in my opinion there are only 2 kinds of Marshalls... the ones that sound great and the ones that sound VERY bad ;-) Mine belongs to the first category, I used it on the first 4 BG albums and I still have it, I don't play it anymore though. And my Rectifier, well, when I played it I immediately knew I just found MY amp, it is the perfect amplifier for me. Compared to the Mrshall it has the effects loop, it has 2 channels, it has more gain than I need, and it is the most powerfull amp I know. Another nice thing about Boogies is that most of them sound pretty good, not exactly the same, but from all the different Rectifers that I played so far (and I played A LOT on tour) only one sounded crappy, all the others were great, so Boogies seem to be a bit more reliable.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Mar 19 2008, 12:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (dreadlocks @ Mar 17 2008, 06:31 PM) *
thx guys
and cabel? expensive ?

be sure to buy a quality low noise Caple

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 02:43 PM