> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
ClaudioStrat
Mar 8 2021, 01:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

hope all well, find below my 1st attempt at the Pop solo, feedback appreciated as always.

also this time i'm recording the amp into the PC directly so sound should be a bit better. I want to try to improve the tone to make it more similar to the original (using a crunchy tone + single coil neck pick up of the strat at them moment huh.gif ).

cheers,

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2021, 04:50 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 8 2021, 06:21 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks so much,

yeah agree many things to work on for sure, I didn't quite realize half of them!

I think that bending technique with the index finger to mute is something I need to incorporate for sure

Very nice seeing how you looked for the tone and how you approached it, I will be doing something similar see how close i can get.

cheers,

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 8 2021, 07:09 PM
Instructor
Great to know that this helped! Keep me updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 14 2021, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

hope all is good. Worked a bit more on the pop solo,I’m trying to capture more dynamics, better tone and bends!
There are a few things i can still improve, but i thought it was good point to get your feedback.

On the Legato lesson, that one is a real struggle!! i'm starting to get somewhere after a week of practicing but only abot 80% of the speed and still a couple of streches are quite tricky, slowly improving but defy a technique I have overlooked, so good to work on it.

cheers,

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Mar 14 2021, 11:12 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2021, 04:32 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 15 2021, 11:00 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri,

I think I can do a bit better on this one but glad you see the progress.
There are many little things in this lesson I start to appreciate more and more.

Tone-wise maybe a bit more gain and bass might make it warmer, I’ll play with it a little more.

Legato: I probably need another week of practice for a first sanity check.

Cheers,

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 16 2021, 02:52 PM
Instructor
Perfect! Yeah, Stephane's tone is warmer. It's a good idea to continue polishing and experimenting with tone. It's part of the learning process.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 21 2021, 01:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

Hope you are having a good week end. Please find below a bit more progrss on the PopSolo, I think I got a bit closer with the tone.

next one will be a video of the legato (probably at slower tempo)!

cheers,

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2021, 02:44 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 23 2021, 12:30 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

thanks for the feedback on the popSolo.

Here is the Legato practice. I'm finding this pretty hard despite I have practiced this daily for about 2 weeks (on average 30 min a day).

There has been improvement over the last week but I'm still very far away!

So you have here 2 takes one at about 80% of the speed and and the other at 86% of the speed.

I cannot even do this tight at 80% at the moment but I included both as it might be helpfull for you to see diff cam angles to help on correcting tecniques etc..

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2021, 04:02 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Mar 23 2021, 05:43 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 23 2021, 03:02 PM) *

thanks,

I'm definitively too far out with fingers, putting too much pressure and probably building tension.
I'll try to incorporate these suggestions.

cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 23 2021, 05:46 PM
Instructor
Cool! Keep me updated!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Apr 6 2021, 03:14 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

I hope all is good. Didn't post here in a little while, but I have been practicing.

Worked a bit more on the PopSolo and much more on the legato... on the Legato I had to go even slower with the metronome to focus on hitting all the notes (which I realised I was not doing!)
attached one with a 75 bpm and 80 bpm. Not always clean, but a bit more in control. Also tryoing to keep the pinky closer, but still probaly too far out.
At the moment I trying to get it clean and consistent at this speed and then I'll try to speed it up.

see latest evolution of that one below, what do you think?

cheers,

PopSolo

Legato

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2021, 04:50 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Apr 7 2021, 12:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri,

glad to hear you think I'm on a good path on this Legato lesson, it is for sure a long path to 110bpm! But this is really a great excercise for me and working on it every day. In your reply there was a little issue with the audio, but I think I got the main message about thumb positioning and relaxing the hand, will try that and hopefully I can get this cleaner at 80bpm speed for now.

Regarding new melodic lesson, we had the Santana Style Rock and the BB Blues in the pipeline, I have also seen your new Play-Licks-Between-Chords lesson and I quite like this idea also give me excuse to try some improvisation, maybe I give this one a go now. What do you think?

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...in-rock-lesson/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/BB-King-Blues/

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Play-L...etween-Chords/#

cheers

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2021, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! This sounds great! Nice to see that you'll give a try to the Play licks between chords lesson! smile.gif

Let's go for them!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Apr 26 2021, 02:38 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

hope all well, did a bit of work on the "Play licks between chords lesson". It is a very nice lesson
Find below a go at the first part that you play twice (have not learned the second part yet)

Also some progress on the Legato Lesson now I practice at 95bpm, still occasionally I have some string noise (there is a bit towards the end), but feel more relaxed playing it. Added this into my routine and slowly making progress

cheers
Claudio

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 7 2021, 02:45 PM) *
Hi Claudio! This sounds great! Nice to see that you'll give a try to the Play licks between chords lesson! smile.gif

Let's go for them!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 27 2021, 04:01 PM
Instructor

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 27 2021, 04:01 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:23 AM