> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Anese's Thread, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2016, 01:19 PM
Instructor
Good, I can't see your left hand clearly so that's why I ask. Are you holding the pick with the tip of your thumb?

The legato video is also sounding good. I was thinking that maybe you could give a try to this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/

What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Anese
Apr 21 2016, 02:29 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 31 2016, 02:19 PM) *
Good, I can't see your left hand clearly so that's why I ask. Are you holding the pick with the tip of your thumb?

The legato video is also sounding good. I was thinking that maybe you could give a try to this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/legato...cking_beginner/

What do you think?

Hello Gabriel
how are you ?
we already worked on the lesson you mentioned !! haha I guess that wasnt an impressive take

for the warmup lesson I recorded my first take check it out and let me know what you think

Thanks

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 21 2016, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Ah great! I missed that one. One good work that you could do that would be totally helpful for me and this thread is to recompile list with all the lessons you've worked and the current status (mastered, in progress, bored of it, or whatever).

About the picking and legato lesson, there is a part 2, check it out and let me know if you think it's a good one for this moment.

The warm up lesson is on the right track! Just focus on playing it tighter and you'll master this one.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Apr 29 2016, 08:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel

Here's a second take of the warmup lesson (for me this is more of alternate picking practice lesson) since it cover most of the
neck positions. the first two part sounds good to me, but on the last position where it gets at the end of the fret board i start struggling a little. im still working on smoothing up the last part.

I prepared a list of the lessons that you asked me for (I previously posted this list for you but consider this is an updated version) : the number beside the lesson status is the score on the REC room

- Picking Hand basics \ REC take (Learned) REC score : 9

- Hard Rock Power Chords\ REC take (Learned but not mastered) REC score : 8 (kinda bored with it)

- Ben's Vibrato Odyssey 5 \ REC take (Learned) REC socre 9.3

- Classic Punk: Sex Pistols \ REC take (Learned) REC score 7

- Legato and Picking \ REC take (Learned) REC score 7.7

- BucketHead Style II \ REC Take (Learned) REC score 7

== now these are the lessons that Im working on at the current time ====

- Warming up and finger fitness (almost there)

- BB's blues lesson (almost there I also posted some vids and you said its going on the right direction)

- your first phrases my first Theory lesson ( I found this is more about phrasing rather than theory and improvising) however this could be good as
an introduction to improvisation. I watch the lesson every now and then and try to mimic the techniques in the video.

I think it's better not to work on any new lessons till i sort out the ones that im currently working on (bb's blues and warmup alternate picking) lessons.

I've been here for more than a year now .. and sometimes I wonder if im doing good or not .. and how far have i gone in
the guitar learning journey

so what do you think my fried? how am i doing over here ? considering GMC the only learning source that im depending on to learn the guitar and I invest no more time in learning anything else rather than the things i work on here.

Thanks

This post has been edited by Anese: Apr 29 2016, 08:16 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 30 2016, 11:35 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Thanks a lot for this complete report. I notice progress in your playing and can see that you are going forward. We are on a stage in which the main goal is to develop your overall technique and start finding your voice on guitar. We will be slowly moving more and more to the "creativity" direction (as the your first phrases lesson) in order to get to the main point of everything: making music.

I also think that it's a good idea to take some more time to master the lessons that you are already working at this moment to then decide the next steps to go.

At the same time, it's essential to apply the concepts shared on the first phrases lesson to all those lessons included in this list.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
May 3 2016, 09:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
Here's another take of the warmup lesson let me know what you think about this one. (by the way please tell me if the quality
of my videos are good enough for you or not )
I will also post a take of the blues lesson within the next coming days
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 1 2016, 12:35 AM) *
At the same time, it's essential to apply the concepts shared on the first phrases lesson to all those lessons included in this list.

for the phrasing lesson Im thinking of making one video where i apply the techniques learned in different parts of all the lessons we previously worked on. so what do you think about this ? or do you suggest something else ?

Thanks for your help

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 3 2016, 03:59 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese, your videos are perfect for this purpose. wink.gif

It's great to see you polishing the warming up lesson. It starts well, and shows some timing issues in the second half, maybe because your hand gets tired or something like that. It just needs more days. Besides this, I think that you could dedicate some minutes every day (10 minutes) to repetitive short patterns, which is the best way to become faster. Here I'll share with you some recommended exercises for speed: LINK.

About the phrasing work, that sounds good. I'll wait for that video.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
May 11 2016, 09:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel

Thanks a lot for the exercises they seem pretty effective ..

This is how work with them .. I open the GP file I play along each lesson at 80 bpm and gradually raise the tempo to 100 pbm then

move to the next exercise on the list.

Im also still working on the warmup lesson here's another take i recorded two days ago. let me know what you think

Thanks alot man

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 12 2016, 11:56 PM
Instructor
Hi mate,

Thanks for the update. I think that the way you are practising the exercises sound good. Keep going!

The warming up exercise shows very clear improvement. You are doing everything well, keep on the great job friend! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
May 26 2016, 08:43 AM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabriel
Thanks for your feed back.
Here as I promised I recorded some chops of the lessons that we worked on with the phrases
that I learned in the "your first phrase" lesson.
I recorded each part twice, once as it's played originally in the lesson and another played by adding a phrase.
have a listen to this take and let me know what you think.

I also recorded another take for the warm up lesson.

I've been working on the blues lesson as well.. a new take will be uploaded withinin the next few days

waiting for your feed back

Thanks for your help I really appreciate what you are doing for me smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 26 2016, 03:06 PM
Instructor
That's so cool Anese! I love your phrasing video! It's very interesting too see how a small change can make the phrase of your own. I'd love to see you playing longer samples and over the backing track. Is it possible?

The warm up lesson sounds very good. You can keep it in your diary routine, to be played twice every day to keep on playing more and more relaxed.

Congrats on your great job.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jun 29 2016, 01:52 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 26 2016, 04:06 PM) *
That's so cool Anese! I love your phrasing video! It's very interesting too see how a small change can make the phrase of your own. I'd love to see you playing longer samples and over the backing track. Is it possible?

The warm up lesson sounds very good. You can keep it in your diary routine, to be played twice every day to keep on playing more and more relaxed.

Congrats on your great job.

Hello Gabriel
I'm glad that you liked my work on the phrasing lessons.
your suggestion is a good Idea but i think it's still early to make recording of my own phrasings right now. I dont know enough tricks yet ... maybe later on when I learn more good stuff .

I've been working on the blues lesson check this take and let me know what you think. is it good to post it in the REC room and
see what the others think ?

Thanks smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 30 2016, 10:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Anese! Sharing the lesson at REC is a good idea. You already can play the whole thing really well and now there just a few details regarding tone (more sustain) and bending (there are just a few moments in which you don't reach the pitch perfectly) so it's interesting to see what the other instructors have to say.

Let's go for a grade!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 16 2016, 02:59 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 30 2016, 11:37 PM) *
Hi Anese! Sharing the lesson at REC is a good idea. You already can play the whole thing really well and now there just a few details regarding tone (more sustain) and bending (there are just a few moments in which you don't reach the pitch perfectly) so it's interesting to see what the other instructors have to say.

Let's go for a grade!

Hello Gabriel
How are you doing ? I hope you enjoyed your trip
I did as you suggested I posted my first take of the blues lesson and it seems that they had a good impression about it.
I'm kind of satisfied as well. I will try to fix those minor bends and try show more dynamics as you and the others recommend.

Man sometimes I feel kind of frustrated when I think about what I've achieved on the forum compared to the time I spent here. I think my progress is very slow even though that I practice around 2 hour a day.
Let me know what do you think about this.

by the way here's the last lesson we've been working on :

1- Warming up lesson: we agreed that I should keep this on my daily practice routine
2-Your first phrase lesson: I posted a take where I applied most of the technique in the lesson over some of the lessons that
I previously learned
3- B.B's blues lesson : we've been discussing a lot about it lately.

so what do you suggest for now ? I Cant wait to start working on some new stuff biggrin.gif

Thanks for your help and have a nice day.

This post has been edited by Anese: Jul 16 2016, 03:02 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 17 2016, 05:08 AM
Instructor
Hi Anese! I don't think that your progress is slow! You have worked on many lessons and in THIS LIST I can see many good grades.

However I think that maybe we could try setting weekly/10 days smaller goals in order to keep motivation. What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 17 2016, 08:31 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 17 2016, 06:08 AM) *
Hi Anese! I don't think that your progress is slow! You have worked on many lessons and in THIS LIST I can see many good grades.

However I think that maybe we could try setting weekly/10 days smaller goals in order to keep motivation. What do you think?

Hi Gabby
Usually when i get new lessons to work on that keeps me motivated.
The thing is that Sometimes I just wonder if Im on the right track or not, or am i practicing enough
Or should i work harder.
I just wanted you to clarify weather I'm doing good or not.
However if you ever notice that my progress is not as good as it used to be please let me know!! wink.gif.
For Now what do you have in mind to start working on?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 18 2016, 03:41 AM
Instructor
Ok! This is the plan that I suggest:

ASSIGNMENT #1:

Goals:

- Improving your bending technique.
- Incorporating bending into your phrasing.

TASK 1:

- Work on this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Beginn...ending-Workout/

TASK 2:

- Use THIS APPROACH to practice bending technique over the backing of Beginner Bending Workout.
- Improvise over the same backing, focusing mostly on bending.

Exam and deadline:

By July 28th you'll have to share 3 videos:

- A video playing beginner bending workout (4 coins)
- A video applying Ben's video approach over the backing track (2 coins)
- A video improvising over the backing focusing on bending technique (4 coins)

Each of this videos will be evaluated (check the coins value below). You need to get at least 7 coins to pass. If you pass, we can continue, if you don't you will have a second "call".

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Jul 26 2016, 10:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Hello Gabby
Last week a small chip of wood got under my middle finger nail
While I was on the beach.
I tried to practice several times but the pain got worse. I guess I'll have
To wait till the wound heal unsure.gif sorry

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 28 2016, 12:51 AM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm sorry about it. I hope that you get well soon. Thanks for the update. Take care.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Anese
Aug 10 2016, 12:36 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 28 2016, 01:51 AM) *
Hi mate, I'm sorry about it. I hope that you get well soon. Thanks for the update. Take care.

Hello Gabriel
My finger is almost healed now, i started prpacticing yesterday so i guess ill have till next monday to
Submit the videos.
Id like to ask if theres a way to make the strings more
Sleek when i bend them because i feel like theres extra frictions against the frets when i bend the strings.
By the way do you recommend getting a real good guitar or should i stick with the one i have.
Thanks

+Quote Post

17 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:53 AM