2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Tinnitus
Saint
Dec 12 2008, 10:01 PM
GMC:er
Hello GMC.

I'm a 12 year old boy,
today I heard 5-10 seconds beeps.
We hade an event in our school so it was high sound.
What should I do?
I don't want to tell my parents about it......
Is this dangerous?
I've been playing guitar with REALLY high volume the whole summer....
Could this be dangrous?
sad.gif(((((((

This is kinda hard time,
I will celebrate my 12th birthday and christmas.
It at this time I should be happy.
But I'm not.
Because of this beeping.
It's almost every 4th hour.
Could this be something?
And I don't know any way to rest my ears.
I don't got that many friends.
I haven't been with someone for weeks. . . .
My life is 100% music,
though it is hard and keep on with music with tinnitus.
I could play for 6-7-8 hours on the weekends. . .

My amp is not on that high volume these days.....
If this beeping could change to tinnitus.
I would stop with music.
Then I got a problem.
What should I do.
That would be sad.

Is it someone with tinnitus, or have had:

if so:
How did you get it?
How long did you have it? ( For people that had it )
Can you live with tinnitus? I mean like,
do you have problems to sleep?
etc.
Do almost every artist have it?

-------------------------------------------------

Do you got any tips for me to how to not get tinnitus?

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT TINNITUS AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS if you have time.

If I get it I would cry everyday.

Bye / a sad little boy.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Saint: Dec 22 2008, 09:54 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 12 2008, 11:01 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey there.

For how long has this "tinnitus" been going on for you? Is it just for a short period? Or has it been going on for say...longer than 10 days?

I know when I've been to metal gigs, I have a tendency to not wear ear plugs. If it is an all night event (say music for about 6-7 hours) I might have a constant loud noise in my ears for 3-7 days.

I know a girl who suffers from tinnitus actually. I know that it bothers her, but I think you could adapt to it and learn to live with it.

I will try and answer more, when you've answered my questions smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
VinceG
Dec 12 2008, 11:05 PM
maybe you should lessen the volume on your amp. I too suffer from a very minor Tinnitus. Probably twice a week, I would hear that beeping noise that will last for about 10 seconds. I've put my ears under extreme stress half of my life, so now I'm taking good care of it. I would suggest that if your hearing that noise constantly, then you should warn your parents because its gonna be bad in the long run. You might even go deaf in the near future if you don't stop putting those stress on your ears.

Lessen the volume on your amp. If your listening to music through headphones, I suggest noise canceling so you don't have to turn your music up so loud. If you go to concerts use those small ear pieces to protect your ears from loud noise throughout the night. You can also use this for playing music in your room so you don't necessarily have to turn your amp down. Then again, your hearing the damn noise so you better keep it down.

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
Saint
Dec 12 2008, 11:07 PM
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Dec 12 2008, 11:01 PM) *
Hey there.

For how long has this "tinnitus" been going on for you? Is it just for a short period? Or has it been going on for say...longer than 10 days?

I know when I've been to metal gigs, I have a tendency to not wear ear plugs. If it is an all night event (say music for about 6-7 hours) I might have a constant loud noise in my ears for 3-7 days.

I know a girl who suffers from tinnitus actually. I know that it bothers her, but I think you could adapt to it and learn to live with it.

I will try and answer more, when you've answered my questions smile.gif

I just felt that beep today.
My ears have been hurting random days.
But I have never heared this beep.

Well my beep could just be an warning?
That I should take care of my ears?

Ahh,
this is not a start of tinnitus then, for me.
I hope. . .

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 12 2008, 11:15 PM
Worst case scenario. It won't be as bad as you think. I have it in my left ear. Mine is not due to ear damage. I take Gingko, which helps a lot. But that won't help people who have it associated with hearing damage. But worst case scenario, most people learn to ignore it I think. I have it off and on in that ear, even with the Gingko. But ignore it for the most part. But I understand how you feel, when it first appeared, I was pretty distraught over it, and thought about it all the time.

Things are generally not as bad as you think they might be.

You need to see an ear doctor. You may have damage, or not, only a doctor can tell. Also it could be something else that needs to be checked out. You will have to live with the fact that your parent are going to crack down on loud noise.

A lot of kids are damaging their ears now, it is common for 25 year olds now to have the hearing of a 50 year old. What is not well understood, is that ear damage is not just a matter of decibels. It is decibels over a period of time. Even not extremely loud sound can damage ears permanently, if it continues for a long period of time without a break. Very loud sound takes less time to do damage.

Not to scare you, but turn down you amp, or wear ear plugs, and you will have to see a doctor. I would not assume the worst, but you just have to tell your parents, and do it, and go on from their.

QUOTE (Saint @ Dec 12 2008, 04:01 PM) *
Hello GMC.

I'm a 12 year old boy,
today I heard 5-10 seconds beeps.
We hade an event in our school so it was high sound.
What should I do?
I don't want to tell my parents about it......
Is this dangerous?
I've been playing guitar with REALLY high volume the whole summer....
Could this be dangrous?
sad.gif(((((((

This is kinda hard time,
I will celebrate my 12th birthday and christmas.
It at this time I should be happy.
But I'm not.
Because of this beeping.
It's almost every 4th hour.
Could this be something?
And I don't know any way to rest my ears.
I don't got that many friends.
I haven't been with someone for weeks. . . .
My life is 100% music,
though it is hard and keep on with music with tinnitus.
I could play for 6-7-8 hours on the weekends. . .

My amp is not on that high volume these days.....
If this beeping could change to tinnitus.
I would stop with music.
Then I got a problem.
What should I do.
That would be sad.

Is it someone with tinnitus, or have had:

if so:
How did you get it?
How long did you have it? ( For people that had it )
Can you live with tinnitus? I mean like,
do you have problems to sleep?
etc.
Do almost every artist have it?
Because I wan't to be a guitarist.

-------------------------------------------------

Do you got any tips for me to how to not get tinnitus?

PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT TINNITUS AND ANSWER MY QUESTIONS if you have time.

If I get it I would cry everyday.

Bye / a sad little boy.

I want to add, a little tinnitus is not that big a deal. Mine is probably genetic, or due to an infection as a child, as it is only in one ear, and Ginkgo helps. But my hearing is normal for my age.

The big deal would be hearing loss. That is what you really have to find out, have you damaged your hearing. You need to see a doctor. A person learns to ignore some ringing, I am totally quiet a lot, but then sometimes for days I hear it. But I can ignore that, and I play guitar. But if I had hearing damage, that would suck 10 times as much, that is what a person needs to be concerned with here.

QUOTE (Saint @ Dec 12 2008, 05:07 PM) *
I just felt that beep today.
My ears have been hurting random days.
But I have never heared this beep.

Well my beep could just be an warning?
That I should take care of my ears?

Ahh,
this is not a start of tinnitus then, for me.
I hope. . .

you might have an ear infection. inner ear. You need to see a doctor right away, if you have an inner ear infection, and it is not treated, you could really be in a world of hurt.

+Quote Post
Saint
Dec 12 2008, 11:15 PM
Okey, now I'm kind of scared. . .

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Dec 13 2008, 12:45 AM
Learning Rock Star
Well, it could also just be temporate tinnitus like after a concert and stuff, but I'm no expert on the subject, to be honest. But try and go see a doctor. He'll tell more precisely what is wrong. If it's only just today it doesn't have to be that bad. However, it could as said somewhere above be an ear infection, if your ear has been hurting.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Fran
Dec 13 2008, 01:09 AM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
You should tell your parents & go see a doctor.
Hopefully it won't be serious but you better be safe than sorry. And if I were you I'd turn down the amp volume!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
FrankW
Dec 13 2008, 01:46 AM
Two things: First, tell your parents about this because they need to know. A trip to the doctor is a good idea to get a proper diagnosis. You have to get this checked out by an expert instead of wondering what it might be.
Second: Stop playing loud. I have a certain amount of high frequency loss due to loud playing in confined spaces. It's not worth it. But, tell your parents so they can get you checked out. That's the most important thing. Chances are, it's nothing serious, but you'll never know if you don't see a doctor.

This post has been edited by FrankW: Dec 13 2008, 01:57 AM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 13 2008, 01:58 AM
I just want to add that some beeping at rare occasions does not mean you are getting tinnitus, but it definetly means you should start thinking about not exposing your ears to very high volumes. Try to lower the volume where you can, and where you can't do that, use ear plugs. Not cheap ones, buy good earplugs in a music store.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 13 2008, 02:57 AM
QUOTE (Saint @ Dec 12 2008, 05:15 PM) *
Okey, now I'm kind of scared. . .

don't be scared. it probably will be nothing huge. However, the issue about inner ear infections, is that they may not feel like a cold at all.

I will shut up. I know what scared is, I once had a 2cm spot on my lung show up on an exray, took a week before they determined it was just a harmless calcified lymph node from a childhood illness, and not a death sentence.

but when something new appears like this, you should always get it checked out. and not try to figure it out yourself. when you said pain, that alerted me to the possibility of an inner ear infection, so go to a clinic tomorrow (an ear doctor is probably not available on saturday) and have them look you over. Or at least discuss it with your parents, and then do the smart thing. Just don't take chances on your health.

But it will probably be alright, most of the time that is the way it is, so don't expect anything real bad. But in the future, regardless, be careful with your ears.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 13 2008, 09:39 AM
Instructor
I advise to tell your parents about it right away mate, there's no need to be scared - it's your health! Tell them, they won't be angry, and they will do everything they can to help you out. My advice to you is - don't worry! Anything can be worked out, and this problem as well. The best thing to do is to go see a doctor to check out what could be wrong. I also had these beeps, and they were caused by some dirt in the ear, I just went to a doctor to get ears cleaned and it worked out, so I figure that can be a problem with you as well. The fat that builds up in the ear causes the change of pressure, so this is what creates those beeps.

Also I recommend that you use musician ear plugs when you are exposed to high volumes. Here's a good ones that I use on gigs and rehearsals:
http://earplugstore.stores.yahoo.net/profmusearpl1.html

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saint
Dec 13 2008, 10:06 AM
Well It's a new day now.
I'll check if I hear it. .

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 13 2008, 12:24 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Check out this review I wrote about ear plugs that I use (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0)..They will help you play a little "louder" and go to gigs without hearing damage concern...(its greatly diminished if you wear ear plugs)..I think your problem will disappear in few days but those are warning sounds and you definitly need to start wearing protection when you expose yourself to high volumes...

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Dec 13 2008, 12:24 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Dec 13 2008, 03:15 PM
Instructor
Buddy tell your parents and visit doctor - thats the first thing you should do since we are no doctors here.

--------------------

+Quote Post
superize
Dec 15 2008, 11:06 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I also get this beeps from time to time but it is very rarelly but if i dosent stop you have to tell your parents and get to the ear doctor so he can take a look at it so you know it it is tiniuts or not..... You dont want to loose your hearing all togheter later in life do you??

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Saint
Dec 22 2008, 09:53 AM
I haven't heared it since 12th december I think,

biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
enforcer
Dec 22 2008, 10:09 AM
Ok, now that you have the tinnitus gone away, take good care of your ears, use ear plugs, play at low volume levels, because they are one of your most precious instruments.

You really don't need to play louder to rock, anymore biggrin.gif

--------------------

incoming spoiler read it at your own risk!

Spoiler:

Vigier G.V Wood HH
American Stratocaster Maple Standart with X2N bridge pickups
Samwick Artist custom modified Baswood Lespaul with S.Duncan JB and N56 pickups
Self made Fretless Strat type made of Rosewood/Maple with self wound Neck and Ibanez V8 Bridge Pickups
Floor Pod 2.0 Amp Simulation System
Pod Xt Pro Rack Amp Simulation System
Digitech TSR 12 Rack Effect and Studio Reverb
Behringer Composer Rack Compressor Expander
Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal
Behringer FB1010 Floor Board

it, surely, spoiled me!!!

and may the force be with you :)

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 22 2008, 04:09 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
After a rehearsal my ears will ring for hours but it's gone the next day. Surely if I kept this up I would have problems every day, but I don't.
What I Do have are some lost frequencys on my left ear that I no longer can hear, that's from years of standing with our drummers cymbal on my left side, a piercy sound that is.

Play at low volume, not loud in your headphones either, and when you rehearse - Use earplugs!!! Good quality earplugs will do a LOT to spare your ears.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Dec 22 2008, 09:54 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Always use earplugs, There a must. I've had tinnitus for a long time, I get my ears cleaned out by a doctor to keep them free from infection (which im proned to). Ringing in the ears doesn't neccesarily mean Tinnitus, If its for prolonged periods of time (weeks or months) then you should see a doctor. Sometimes after a show my right ear will ring for a day or two, then its gone (My left ear has a constant pitch in it). Also, If you feel any pain in the ear, or lose your equilibrium (sense of balance, makes you feel dizzy) then see an ear doctor or doctor general, Cause an inner ear infection could cause jsut that, And most of all, its curable smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:45 AM