My New Cover Video Is Out.
Socky42
Aug 17 2015, 02:26 PM
GMC:er

This is the first time I've tried using fingerpicking in any arrangement; was a little tough getting the bass and melody notes to ring out for as long I wanted them too, so I worked round it with a synth and strings in the background. Rest of the track is just a regular rock cover of the original.

edit: I've got a shot of my fingerpicking hand in the video, any critique there would be helpful too!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Socky42: Aug 17 2015, 02:59 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jim S.
Aug 17 2015, 05:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Aug 17 2015, 09:26 AM) *

This is the first time I've tried using fingerpicking in any arrangement; was a little tough getting the bass and melody notes to ring out for as long I wanted them too, so I worked round it with a synth and strings in the background. Rest of the track is just a regular rock cover of the original.

edit: I've got a shot of my fingerpicking hand in the video, any critique there would be helpful too!

Wow man, that's a great job you've done! Congratulations

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 17 2015, 09:36 PM
Instructor
Great to find this one published! I've been following the progress of this one at the mentoring program (HERE) and I know that you've been working really hard. The final work is killer! Congrats!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 17 2015, 09:43 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very cool video man, I still regularly listen to your Taylor Swift cover smile.gif
As for the fingerpicking hand, I think that you'll get there with just a bit more practice. I can see in the video that you don't feel very comfortable playing using that technique. What you could try is to bring your fingers closer to the strings and curve the hand just a little bit so you have a more perpendicular angle of picking the strings. This way you minimize the motion of the fingers when plucking. Overall - very cool video looking forward to your new productions smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
mad
Aug 18 2015, 06:25 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Man - as always, your productions are top notch! Love it, and your tone especially in the ambience intro section fits perfect!

+Quote Post
Socky42
Aug 22 2015, 11:24 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Jim S. @ Aug 17 2015, 05:43 PM) *
Wow man, that's a great job you've done! Congratulations

Thanks!

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 17 2015, 09:36 PM) *
Great to find this one published! I've been following the progress of this one at the mentoring program (HERE) and I know that you've been working really hard. The final work is killer! Congrats!!

Thanks man! Gab has been a lot of help with making these videos. Always nice to have someone listen to rough versions and give me feedback.

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Aug 17 2015, 09:43 PM) *
Very cool video man, I still regularly listen to your Taylor Swift cover smile.gif
As for the fingerpicking hand, I think that you'll get there with just a bit more practice. I can see in the video that you don't feel very comfortable playing using that technique. What you could try is to bring your fingers closer to the strings and curve the hand just a little bit so you have a more perpendicular angle of picking the strings. This way you minimize the motion of the fingers when plucking. Overall - very cool video looking forward to your new productions smile.gif

Thanks Bogdan, I'll keep that in mind next time I try it.

QUOTE (mad @ Aug 18 2015, 06:25 AM) *
Man - as always, your productions are top notch! Love it, and your tone especially in the ambience intro section fits perfect!

Appreciate it man! It's not actually that good of a tone, on it's own it's very thin. It's more the backing track of strings and a synth bass that makes it sound huge.

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Aug 23 2015, 04:15 PM
Learning Roadie
Veryyyy Niiceeeeeee

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 05:54 PM