2 Pages V   1 2 >  
S-gear (scuffham Amps) Preset Vault
Todd Simpson
Oct 2 2013, 05:49 AM
GMC:er
I've been using the S-Gear Guitar Sim Plugin from SCUFFHAM AMPS and it's really quite impressive. The way it faithfully models the response of TUBE AMPS is truly impressive. I would not suggest it could replace OVERLOUD TH2 for DJENT Tones, but for Medium Gain, and Clean tones that honestly sound like a real tube amp it's hard to beat!!!!

Here is a lead patch that is pushing toward high gain but retains it's "Tube Character". Here is a preview smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/custom-s-gear-patch-free

Here is the Patch smile.gif (Unzip before importing)

Attached File  ToddHugeLead_Sgear2.sfx.zip ( 651bytes ) Number of downloads: 1969

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Oct 2 2013, 08:50 AM
Learning Rock Star
Wow, nice tone Todd, your lead sounds very rich and full. What are your thoughts on the included reverb module (The 'Room Thing' if I remember correctly)? smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 5 2013, 12:10 AM
Thanks smile.gif It's shockingly easy to dial in some pretty impressive tone with the Sgear plugin. Most built in patches I've seen on plugins need much help but these are really well built and I"m using the built in presets as a starting point and just tweaking.

I'm very impressed with the reverb in S-Gear. It's a 64 Bit Convolution Reverb which just means it's a very spiff reverb that's built in smile.gif I really dig the ROOM setting which honestly sounds like room mic sitting in a big studio room with a nice loud amp.

It really is like having a bit tube amp sitting in a big room and magically connected to your computer smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Oct 2 2013, 03:50 AM) *
Wow, nice tone Todd, your lead sounds very rich and full. What are your thoughts on the included reverb module (The 'Room Thing' if I remember correctly)? smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 7 2013, 10:36 PM
There is a NEW amp in the next release of SCUFFHAM AMPS S-GEAR guitar plugin and I'm digging it!!! I"m working with it now and making some new custom presets to share. Here is a screen grab of the new amp head called the "WayFarer", should have called it the BEAST. Check the amount of switches/knobs/tweaks. It's built for Amp Nerds! smile.gif Love it.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 7 2013, 10:39 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Very interesting!
Are there any clean samples out there?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 8 2013, 03:27 AM
Sure smile.gif This vid was done with this amp model, clean and dirty bits.

here is a dirty demo also. The amount of control and tube response in this new head is pretty astounding. I'm just now getting a handle on it.

P.S. I don't know if he has anybody doing a bass demo? Mr. Scuffham is a very cool guy and if you contact him, if your up for it, maybe you could do the bass guitar demo vid? His email is on the main site.

http://www.scuffhamamps.com

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Oct 7 2013, 05:39 PM) *
Very interesting!
Are there any clean samples out there?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Oct 8 2013, 11:22 AM
Learning Rock Star
I will definitely have to check this out!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 8 2013, 06:36 PM
Post some recordings if you can smile.gif I have been really amazed how different each persons tone sounds. The controls remind me of a Randall Diablo or a high end mesa with preamp and amp controls to mod the sound. I"m making wads of presets that will hopefully end up on their preset exchange once that is launched !!!

I used the JACKAL amp/head for the SWORD collab by Ben Higgins and I really dig how it came out! Here is the result. High gain with some phase/flange/chorus smile.gif

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/guitarmasterclass-net-collab

Todd

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Oct 8 2013, 06:22 AM) *
I will definitely have to check this out!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 21 2013, 06:23 AM
WAYFARER (New Amp in S-Gear) Patch

*High Gain
*Leads

Here is a spiff lead patch using the new amp built in to S-Gear smile.gif

Attached File  Sgear_NewVersion.sfx.zip ( 662bytes ) Number of downloads: 894

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 21 2013, 03:41 PM
Instructor
I would call it "wellcome back to the 80's" tone patch biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2013, 04:44 AM
BINGO!!!!! smile.gif I was going for an "80's Metal" Tone Clone vibe.

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 21 2013, 10:41 AM) *
I would call it "wellcome back to the 80's" tone patch biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 22 2013, 06:19 AM
GUT WRENCHING "80's DJENT" PATCH smile.gif

I thought I"d make a Deeeeeeep "Djenty" patch using S-Gear just to see if it's possible smile.gif Sgear does a KILLER job on low and medium gain stuff, and with the new WAYFARER amp type in the new release, they are going for more High Gain stuff as well smile.gif So here is a quick sample of what the patch sounds like on an 8 String.

This would NOT work well if this was a real amp, as it would just FRAP/FLUB the driver. I've tried tones like this with an 8 string on regular guitar cabs and it just doesn't hold up IMHO. But that's what's so great about "Doing it in Software" smile.gif It's not bound by actual physics!!

https://soundcloud.com/techniqueswithtodd/scuffham-amps-s-gear-version-2

Attached File  SgearDjent.sfx.zip ( 623bytes ) Number of downloads: 680

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 24 2013, 09:08 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 22 2013, 12:02 PM
Instructor
ha ha biggrin.gif Still sound like an 80's djent biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 23 2013, 12:18 AM
80's Djent!!! Now your talking smile.gif

Have you made any presets yet Darius? If so, please do share some here in the vault! I was actually trying to get some of the killer 80's gain tone that you pulled off in this vid with the Lepou plugin. Spiff guitar too smile.gif I've tried to talk Huff on several occasions but he's always soooooo defensive and irritable it's hard to even email back and forth. IT's like he has a huge chip on his shoulder and is waiting for someone start a fight. But hey it takes all kinds!

Todd

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 22 2013, 07:02 AM) *
ha ha biggrin.gif Still sound like an 80's djent biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 23 2013, 12:33 AM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 23 2013, 08:13 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello !

Just a short Info because of updating Mac to Maverick !!!

S.Gear does only work right now as Standalone Programm and in and output over Interface only .

As Plugin ,sins Maverick, right now it does not work with Garageband ( Logic i do not own right now .. so how it is there ?)

cool.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2013, 01:49 AM
I'm glad you brought this up!!! For anyone running a MACINTOSH, it's important to check to see if your software will work with any updates before you install them if at all possible. That is why on my main Music Production Mac (iMac 27 inch quad core) I"m still running OS 10.7.5 that's the last version where all my drivers and plugins will work.

IF you go in to a professional facility, you may notice that certain computers are frozen in time. For example, PRO TOOLS is very picky what version of what is running depending on which version of hardware you have. For windows folks this is also an issue so you guys on WINDOWS should also be aware before upgrading.

I can't tell you how many folks have asked me why the precious computer they've spent so much time/money on quick recording music only to find they had some automatic update turned on which killed compatibility with a recording interface or plugin.

As any I.T. guy can tell, never upgrade for kicks. Always have a reason.

Todd

QUOTE (Dieterle @ Oct 23 2013, 03:13 AM) *
Hello !

Just a short Info because of updating Mac to Maverick !!!

S.Gear does only work right now as Standalone Programm and in and output over Interface only .

As Plugin ,sins Maverick, right now it does not work with Garageband ( Logic i do not own right now .. so how it is there ?)

cool.gif

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Oct 24 2013, 06:26 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Todd !

A few hours later there came an update for garageband and now it is compatible smile.gif

Garageband is better now - few more tools and i recognized that my interface zoom g3 (included Software on zoom hardware) is in better Sound quality now ... so compared with garageband amps and stuff lots more of possibility`s to mix some sound biggrin.gif

Have a Fine Day EveryOne !!!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 24 2013, 02:49 AM) *
I'm glad you brought this up!!! For anyone running a MACINTOSH, it's important to check to see if your software will work with any updates before you install them if at all possible. That is why on my main Music Production Mac (iMac 27 inch quad core) I"m still running OS 10.7.5 that's the last version where all my drivers and plugins will work.

IF you go in to a professional facility, you may notice that certain computers are frozen in time. For example, PRO TOOLS is very picky what version of what is running depending on which version of hardware you have. For windows folks this is also an issue so you guys on WINDOWS should also be aware before upgrading.

I can't tell you how many folks have asked me why the precious computer they've spent so much time/money on quick recording music only to find they had some automatic update turned on which killed compatibility with a recording interface or plugin.

As any I.T. guy can tell, never upgrade for kicks. Always have a reason.

Todd

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Oct 24 2013, 06:27 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2013, 09:06 AM
VERY COOL NEWS!! Just heard back from MR. SCUFFHAM HIMSELF via EMAIL and he really liked the DJENT 80's Patch! He is going to post it in the Scuffham Amps forum for download!

If you guys come up with any spiff patches let me know!! I'm sure he would love to share your patches with the community! smile.gif

Todd

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 24 2013, 09:07 AM

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Oct 24 2013, 09:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 22 2013, 11:18 PM) *
80's Djent!!! Now your talking smile.gif

Have you made any presets yet Darius? If so, please do share some here in the vault! I was actually trying to get some of the killer 80's gain tone that you pulled off in this vid with the Lepou plugin. Spiff guitar too smile.gif I've tried to talk Huff on several occasions but he's always soooooo defensive and irritable it's hard to even email back and forth. IT's like he has a huge chip on his shoulder and is waiting for someone start a fight. But hey it takes all kinds!

Todd

Good idea smile.gif I though of sharing some presets but by far I always forget about it while I have a very short free time moments when I could do this sad.gif Unfortunately I'm busy as hell working from sunrise till nex sunrise (not kidding ) sad.gif But thanx for reminder I'll try to share some stuff smile.gif

As for Patrick we have regular contact. I know how many annying people bothered him and this probably brings his nerves trigger at so low level (high sensivity) but I can understand many of the situations he had so I have some understanding for him. I don't know how looked Your conversation so I'm not judging either You or Him but I know he's ultra sebsitive for some things and...that's just a way he is smile.gif We allare different in very specific way. Sometimes it's hard to find common language :/

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2013, 10:19 AM
He seemed almost like he was just overworked and maybe tired and almost expecting me to be hostile. He must get a lot of frustrating crap from people? I posted a comment on your video here on youtube that this guitar "reminded" me of a BODEN Headless just a bit. He got really offended which I didn't really understand but evidently he had some trouble in the past from some forum and is concerned not to confuse people by having his guitars refered to as a "boden copy" or some such. sad.gif I was actually trying to complement the guitar since I liked it smile.gif

Yeah, if you can, please do share even ONE PRESET would be great smile.gif I'll shoot any that get shared over to Mr. Scuffham @ Scuffham amps. He's very keen to hear what people are doing with the plugin ohmy.gif)

Todd

QUOTE (Darius Wave @ Oct 24 2013, 04:49 AM) *
Good idea smile.gif I though of sharing some presets but by far I always forget about it while I have a very short free time moments when I could do this sad.gif Unfortunately I'm busy as hell working from sunrise till nex sunrise (not kidding ) sad.gif But thanx for reminder I'll try to share some stuff smile.gif

As for Patrick we have regular contact. I know how many annying people bothered him and this probably brings his nerves trigger at so low level (high sensivity) but I can understand many of the situations he had so I have some understanding for him. I don't know how looked Your conversation so I'm not judging either You or Him but I know he's ultra sebsitive for some things and...that's just a way he is smile.gif We allare different in very specific way. Sometimes it's hard to find common language :/

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 05:55 AM